Most Anticipated Video Games

Started by Spark Of Spirit, December 27, 2010, 06:00:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

Man, Jurassic Park Lost World was the greatest lightgun game ever.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

So, after about a year of no new info on Itagaki's upcoming action game Devil's Third, I happened to find this posted up today. The story concept is pretty generic action stuff which I'm OK with since Itagaki isn't known for great stories, but the concept of the gameplay design is right up my alley. By the looks of it, while it is a TPS game it borrows heavily from hack n' slash and fighting games as well, and the unrealistic physics which allow you to run on walls and do all other kinds of absurd and over the top things makes it the perfect set-up to an over-the-top action game that I'd be sure to enjoy. Itagaki also stressed that unlike CoD (which he personally admits to being a fan of), it doesn't rely on heavy scripting but instead is all about you being creative and playing to your preferences. I'd like to see some new actual gameplay footage of the game (apparently the stuff shown at E3 2010 was just a little teaser for the general, as the actual game looks very different in its current state, according to Itagaki), but the concept art in that post is good enough to wet my appetite. ;)

Oh yeah, as a little side note, when THQ listed their upcoming releases up to 2013, Devil's Third was among them (which means that despite their recent financial troubles, THQ still hasn't cut their contract with VGS), and it was confirmed to have a PC release in addition to the console releases, which is new info seeing as how before it was only listed to release on the XBOX360 and PS3, so that's yet more incentive for me to save up for a good PC in the future.

Foggle

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on February 04, 2012, 06:31:53 PM
it was confirmed to have a PC release in addition to the console releases
:joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:

Rosalinas Spare Wand

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OoMMLvJB9Q

You know, I passed over the original DS Rhythm Heaven, but I'm gonna make up for it with this one. Already preordered, and I'm not backing out this time because there's so many hilarious stages in this.

But I was mostly inspired by all the Ring Side parodies on Youtube.

Spark Of Spirit

The Vita has no UMD passport for America

Well, that kills all appeal of the Vita to me. Thanks for the swift ball kick, Sony!
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

One of last-gen's most underrated games might be getting a sequel funded by the Minecraft guy.

Holy shit.

Spark Of Spirit

That could be cool... As long as he doesn't think Meat Circus was a good idea that needs to be followed up on.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Commode

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on February 07, 2012, 04:48:29 PM
The Vita has no UMD passport for America

Well, that kills all appeal of the Vita to me. Thanks for the swift ball kick, Sony!
Wow, that's pretty dick.  Why bother even having games available for download then?

It's hard to declare the Vita dead when Sony is doing a fine job of doing it themselves.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Foggle

The 3DS launch was just as bad.

Things will improve for the Vita, hopefully.

Commode

Not quite. It had a serious lack of games, but it was better on a few other specific points.  The 3DS came with a 2GB SD card, not to mention the memory already built into the machine, so you didn't need to buy memory on top of the console just to play games right out of the box. 

Also, the backwards compatibility thing, the 3DS is compatible with every DS game.  Now I know the Vita won't play the UMD's(actually I praise it for that; the UMD has got to be the worst storage medium ever), but I figured Sony would throw us a bone when it came to redownloading our old games.  Shit, it didn't cost us no sixty bucks to redownload Ocarina of Time or Super Smash Bros when they came to the Wii, it only cost ten.

Spark Of Spirit

At least with the 3DS you knew you'd be getting a Mario game eventually among the new games.

With the Vita, there's still too many unknowns as it goes with Sony. If they plan on just porting or making console games for the thing, I'm not going to be biting anytime soon. I play portables to escape those games.

Foggle

Quote from: Comeau on February 07, 2012, 06:47:15 PM
Not quite. It had a serious lack of games, but it was better on a few other specific points.  The 3DS came with a 2GB SD card, not to mention the memory already built into the machine, so you didn't need to buy memory on top of the console just to play games right out of the box. 

Also, the backwards compatibility thing, the 3DS is compatible with every DS game.  Now I know the Vita won't play the UMD's(actually I praise it for that; the UMD has got to be the worst storage medium ever), but I figured Sony would throw us a bone when it came to redownloading our old games.  Shit, it didn't cost us no sixty bucks to redownload Ocarina of Time or Super Smash Bros when they came to the Wii, it only cost ten.
Good points all around. The 3DS lacked games in the beginning, but it made up for that with its hardware and Nintendo's generosity. Plus...

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on February 07, 2012, 06:56:55 PM
At least with the 3DS you knew you'd be getting a Mario game eventually among the new games.
True, true. Videos for big titles like Kid Icarus and Resident Evil were showcased before the console came out, too. What do we know about the Vita? That there'll be an Uncharted game by a company other than Naughty Dog and some more Ys remakes which will probably also see PC releases eventually. Not much to go on for potential customers.

Commode

Yo, GAF brings up a good point; has there been any promotion, ANY AT ALL, for the Vita here in North America?  Right now they've got a deal with Taco Bell going where you can potentially win one, but other than that nothing.  And the thing comes out in what, two weeks?  What the fuck Sony, get on that shit!

Spark Of Spirit

There's been nothing on it at all. I don't even think I've seen advertisements at EB/Gamestop here which is just crazy.

Who exactly are they expecting to buy their products? Psychics?