Most Anticipated Video Games

Started by Spark Of Spirit, December 27, 2010, 06:00:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

So The Last Story is coming out here via XSeed.

Why is this a good thing? Well besides that game, Nintendo finally seems to be willing to let others translate their stuff for other territories! This could open the floodgates for many other things we wouldn't otherwise get.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Newest Borderlands 2 trailer has a dubstep soundtrack. Kill me now. :srs:

Spark Of Spirit

Now that other companies can localize Nintendo titles. Earthbound collection, please.

Quote from: Foggle on February 22, 2012, 11:02:54 AM
I honestly think this is going to bomb. There's like no hype at all for it. I honestly think this should have waited for next gen.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on February 22, 2012, 12:57:20 PM
Quote from: Foggle on February 22, 2012, 11:02:54 AM
I honestly think this is going to bomb. There's like no hype at all for it. I honestly think this should have waited for next gen.
No hype for it? It looks amazing -- way better than the first one -- and the official Gearbox forums are overflowing with people. It doesn't even come out until September; if there isn't a big marketing push by August, then I'll agree with you. As it stands, the hype for it seems to be roughly the same as it was for the first game when it was a similar length of time away. The only reason you heard so much about Borderlands 1 was because I wouldn't shut up about it. ;)

Spark Of Spirit

Check this out

Kid Icarus multiplayer looks insane. Sort of like Smash Bros meets a hack n slash/TPS game.

I hope the online is good. (Judging on MK7; it should be)

talonmalon333

Looking at things, 2012 seems like it'll be the most active Nintendo year in... a while. And we probably don't even know half of what's coming!

Commode

So who's buying a Vita?  I played with one at Gamestop earlier today, and it looks slick as hell.  I'd love to get one(and I thought about buying one in the next few weeks with my tax return money, but I'm leaning towards an iPad right now), but I think I learned a little bit from the 3DS last year, in that I mean by August I'm thinking that there will have been a price drop. Given how it's not even selling that well in Japan, I figure it's only a matter of time.

But yeah, it does look really awesome.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Spark Of Spirit

I'm waiting for a few price drops, honestly. Its a sick piece of hardware, and the games will be coming eventually, but there's nothing on it that screams must own now especially at that price.

The inevitable Ys games will get me on board, though.

Rynnec

I'm more focused on getting a PSP than a Vita, simply because the former has games I want to play. Most of what the Vita has seems to be stuff that's already on the consoles. Also, I hear it can't play PSP discs, so that kills my interest in it.

The design of the thing does look nice however.

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Well, currently the only game in the Vita's current library that interests me is Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus, and I already played my preferred version of that game (Ninja Gaiden Black on the XBOX). Plus, even though I don't own it, it would just make more sense to get Ninja Gaiden Sigma on the PS3 for most gamers who do have one, because its the same game with the same exact content except you can play it on a bigger screen and get it for essentially $10 (whereas it costs somewhere around $40 on the Vita, and of course the game wasn't designed for a small screen on a portable device, so that may affect its quality a little bit).

Other than that, there aren't any current Vita games that really interest me. Also, I'd rather save up and get either a Nintendo DS or even a 3DS before getting a portable Sony console, if only because Nintendo has more handheld games that interest me.

Rosalinas Spare Wand

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jw0qRTZj_4E

Well fuck, I can tolerate the return of casual mode because this game suddenly looks sick. Not to mention the dreaded DLC actually sounds promising, since they specifically mentioned extra mission modes and the ability to play as classic characters.

Spark Of Spirit

So Foggle, are you looking forward to Syndicate?

It seems like your type of game.

Foggle

Yeah, Syndicate looks pretty sweet. The originals were awesome, though, so it's a shame that they had to reboot the series as a FPS rather than make a new franchise...

Won't be picking it up 'til it's $20 or less, though. Don't really have the money to afford it at launch and I've heard some pretty mixed opinions about it regardless.

gunswordfist

I hate when games change genres for no reason or change the gameplay drastically like Prey 2 or Fighting Force 2.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody