Most Anticipated Video Games

Started by Spark Of Spirit, December 27, 2010, 06:00:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on March 02, 2012, 06:41:34 PM
Perfect Dark 2 is rumored again.

If it turns out to be fake again I'm going to find everyone in Rare and fry them alive.  :bleh:
Heh, Rare meat.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

talonmalon333

Anyone getting the new Kid Icarus?

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Holy shit! Great interview about Dishonored. Game sounds like a steampunk version of Deus Ex but with even more ways to play. Can't wait!

Spark Of Spirit

Confirmed:

It apparently includes Up Your Arsenal's multiplayer for up to 8 players. Other than being remastered to 1080p and 60fps, and including trophies, no word on any other additions.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on March 15, 2012, 03:52:21 PM
1080p and 60fps
Oh lord, that's tempting. If they include Deadlocked and add strafing to Ratchet 1, this will easily be worth full price.

Does the Jak collection run at 60 FPS? There are a lot of frame rate drops in 2 and 3. I feel that it might be worth picking up for the smoother gameplay. The Sly games certainly run a hell of a lot better on the PS3.

Oh, and I know that no one on this board really likes God Of War, but stay away from that HD collection. The QTEs where you have to mash L2/R2 are almost impossible due to them being triggers instead of buttons on the DualShock 3.

Spark Of Spirit

Deadlocked isn't included. J Stevenson mentioned that if it was included then Sony would charge differently, like:

R&C: 1,2,3,D - $59
R&C: 1,2,3 - $39
R&C: 1 and 2 + 3 and D (separately) - $29.99 each

Apparently Sony has a problem with more than 3 titles a collection. I would just wait for another one that would include Deadlocked, Size Matters, and Secret Agent Clank down the line. As for additions? Apparently Insomniac is heavily involved in this, and if they add the UYA controls to 1 and 2 then that would be amazing. I mean, if they're going to retool the multiplayer, this would be an easy addition in contrast.

The Jak games apparently were very hard to port to the PS3 for a lot of reasons. There are some weird graphical things like the sun missing in Jak 1, but nothing gameplay breaking and there are no extras in it. I don't have it yet, but I'll pick it up for easy access to 2 and 3 (and a HD version of 1 which I own) sooner or later.

The Sly collection is amazing. Sly 1 looks and runs phenomenally (60fps locked, and the art style is sharp like playing a cartoon) as does 2. I still need to beat 2 and make my way through 3, but the collection is very well done. It gives me a lot of hope for Thieves In Time by those guys.

Foggle

Well, the Metal Gear Solid Collection had five games! :P Though two of them were from the MSX.

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on March 16, 2012, 03:07:56 PM
I would just wait for another one that would include Deadlocked, Size Matters, and Secret Agent Clank down the line.
That doesn't even sound like it'd be worth pirating. :lol: I'm fine with my PS2 copy, seeing as it's the worst good game in the series.

QuoteAs for additions? Apparently Insomniac is heavily involved in this, and if they add the UYA controls to 1 and 2 then that would be amazing. I mean, if they're going to retool the multiplayer, this would be an easy addition in contrast.
Hell, just put the GC controls in R&C 1 and it'll be a major improvement. On the MP note, UYA online multiplayer is going to be SO AMAZING. We definitely need to play that together once this collection drops.

QuoteThe Jak games apparently were very hard to port to the PS3 for a lot of reasons. There are some weird graphical things like the sun missing in Jak 1, but nothing gameplay breaking and there are no extras in it. I don't have it yet, but I'll pick it up for easy access to 2 and 3 (and a HD version of 1 which I own) sooner or later.
Playing Jak 1 in native 16:9 will be worth the occasional graphics glitch. I just hope they added vsync to Jak 2 and 3... the amount of screen tear in those is absolutely ridiculous.

QuoteThe Sly collection is amazing. Sly 1 looks and runs phenomenally (60fps locked, and the art style is sharp like playing a cartoon) as does 2. I still need to beat 2 and make my way through 3, but the collection is very well done. It gives me a lot of hope for Thieves In Time by those guys.
You said it. The Sly Collection's ports are perfect in every way.

With these HD collections, the new Ratchet Future games, and Sly 4, the PS3 may end up being the greatest thing to ever happen to 3D platformers.

Foggle

Actually, now that I think about it, a second Ratchet collection with Deadlocked (MP included please!) and the PSP games might be pretty sweet. Size Matters and Secret Agent Clank aren't inherently bad... they just suffer from being obviously rushed and from trying to put a home console experience on a portable (the PS2 versions were even worse since they were straight ports). If Insomniac/Idol Minds gave them the Peace Walker treatment, they could easily become worthy additions to the series.

Speaking of which, I'd also love to see a second Jak collection with Jak X, Daxter, and The Lost Frontier. From what I hear, Daxter is supposedly a really good game, and TLF could be greatly improved with some proper input from Naughty Dog. I don't really care about X, but it's a given that it'd be included.

Or maybe a second MGS collection with Portable Ops and the Acid games. Why the Acid games? Well, apparently they "can't" upscale MGS 1 at all (never mind that the PC port already looks a lot cleaner than the PS1 version), and I don't want Twin Snakes anywhere near my house. :P

Spark Of Spirit

Twin Snakes needs to be completely erased from memory. But I wouldn't be opposed to any of those collections.

Well, to shelve my PS2 I would need Contra Shattered Soldier, The Red Star, Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks, Twisted Metal Black, Maximo 2, Yakuza 1 and 2, and Shinobi to be put on PSN. Then I can finally have everything playable on my PS3 to save space.

Also, I still want Tomba! on PSN! What's the hold up? The game is expensive to find and can't even apparently play on the PS2 properly. This game's begging for a re-release.

Foggle

The best WRPG in years comes to the Xbox 360 next month. Reasons why you should buy The Witcher 2 (on either platform):

Tons of content
Excellent story
Fun, intelligent, and challenging combat
Brilliant voice acting
Exceptional graphics
Amazingly realized game world
All DLC has been (and will be) free and substantial
The Enhanced Edition piles even more content onto what already exists (and it's a free patch for anyone with the original PC version)
PC version had no DRM

Please, guys, if you have any interest in RPGs at all, buy this game. Support CD Projekt RED and show them that their hard work and dedication to their fans is appreciated!

gunswordfist

Do you know how the combat system will work on the 360?
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Foggle

The PC version is already controller-enabled and it works about as well with a gamepad as it does with the keyboard and mouse. It plays a bit like a hack 'n slash, but slower-paced and more tactical. Should translate very well to the Xbox. :joy:

Foggle

Spark Of Spirit

There is a rumor of "Epic Mickey: Power Of Illusion" for the 3DS floating around. Apparently a 2D sidescroller to go along with the just-announced 3D platformer for the PSWii60 (and soon to be Wii U)...

The Illusion games are some of the best platformers ever, so I'm really interested in this to be true. ESPECIALLY if they get someone like WayForward to make it.

Keeping my eye open for this one and hoping it's true.