Most Anticipated Video Games

Started by Spark Of Spirit, December 27, 2010, 06:00:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daxdiv

Wait.... I want to be cool too...

There. Wait, this is a Spongebob edit... DAMMIT!

Foggle

Oh man, I love SWERY. :lol:

QuoteRight now, I'm developing a completely new Action Adventure, the likes of which you ain't never seen!
Talk about an open world, man, this game has got it in SPADES.
It's gonna take you at least 666 years to find everything in this game.
Are you listening? That's not 666 hours, but 66666 YEARS!
Gehehehehehe!!

And it's gonna be available as a launch title for the next generation of consoles
by companies M, N and S!

It's a Super Multiplatform Game that is going to dominate all next generation consoles!
Of course it will also be available for PC, tablets and smartphones.

In fact, it even supports that camera, the tablet controller, the balance board and that weird little stick.

Spark Of Spirit

Looking good

I really want to see wht the Wii-U version looks like (especially if the controller doubles as the motion tracker), however.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

You have no idea how magnificent Colonial Marines was at the Gearbox Community Day thing I went to. Humongous theater screen, high-quality surround system... lovely art design with great technical graphics and brilliant sound design... game has perfect atmosphere.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Looks like an effective movie game for certain, but I just hope that it gives you a lot of freedom for exploration and has some clever AI rather than completely relying on scripted set-piece events. As for the exploration thing, I know that its a linear campaign mode, but they can still have some branching paths where you can risk trying to find extra ammo and stuff with the potential of being ambushed by the aliens. And as always, the aliens have been established to be quite intelligent hunters in the films, so I'd love to see the AI of this game emulate that and have some of them sneak up on you in the heat of action to give you some good unscripted surprises. ;)

I'm a little disappointed that the aliens in this game don't bleed out acid blood (or if they do its hardly noticeable), but to be fair that'd probably get annoying as a gameplay mechanic since killing them from too close would end up damaging you every time (and lets face it, they are up close and personal types of enemies :D ).

Spark Of Spirit

I could write "DAY ONE" 400 times and it wouldn't be enough.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

In classic Capcom fashion, this new Resident Evil 6 trailer reveals almost all of the plot twists. Some very cool stuff in there, though.

And the release date has been bumped up to October 2nd. Awesome!

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Its going to be tough deciding between this and BioShock: Infinite for my Birthday. :shakeshakeshake:

Foggle

I really hope the Leon vs. Chris scene is playable and uses the God Hand fighting system. I would forgive Capcom for EVERYTHING if they did that. :lol:

Wesker Jr. is kind of a stupid idea, but that's par for the course with Capcom's storytelling.

Really glad that the blonde girl is Sherry. I'm pretty sure no one wanted to see Ashley again, lol.

Ada seems a bit off to me... she looks younger than in DarkSide's RE 2 retelling. Also, she was never really a bad guy.

It looks like Leon might end up the being the main protagonist, judging by the amount of screen time he has in the trailer. No sign of his awesome one-liners, though. :'(

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Here is a short combat walkthrough for DmC.

I'll say that, while I'd still much rather have DMC5 rather than this reboot, the game is shaping up to be better than I initially expected, and while I doubt it'll compare to either DMC1 or 3 in terms of quality, I think this may end up at least being a good action game in its own right. I can already say that its going to be FAR better than Ninja Gaiden 3, if nothing else. At least this game already has at least 3 weapons going for it and in the video it was confirmed that there would be more (which actually puts this game's Dante above DMC4's Dante in terms of his melee weapon count). That said, the actual depth of the weapons and combat system still remains to be seen, but it does at least look competent if nothing else. My only major grip here is that it looks WAY too easy to chain together combos in this game. That is to say, it looks like you can just button-mash your way into performing slick combos rather than having to have at least some level of practice with the general mechanics and timing of the combat systems of previous DMC games to be able to pull off cool combos and chain them for long periods of time. Perhaps this game will have harder difficulties that punish button-mashers, though.

Anyways, I'll keep this game on my radar and see how it turns out. If nothing else it at least looks really good visually, and while I don't really care about graphics I like its environments and broad use of its color-palette (which most games severely lack this gen).

Foggle

Looks less fun than 1, 3, and 4, but I certainly enjoyed that footage more than anything from DMC 2, NG 3, GoW, etc.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Foggle on April 10, 2012, 11:51:25 AM
Looks less fun than 1, 3, and 4, but I certainly enjoyed that footage more than anything from DMC 2, NG 3, GoW, etc.
That sounds more like a neutral statement than a compliment. :D
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Foggle

Quote from: gunswordfist on April 10, 2012, 12:33:24 PM
You're right. But as far as DmC goes, I'd say that is a compliment. :lol:

gunswordfist

Quote from: Foggle on April 10, 2012, 12:38:30 PM
Quote from: gunswordfist on April 10, 2012, 12:33:24 PM
You're right. But as far as DmC goes, I'd say that is a compliment. :lol:
Good one. heh heh I'll get to actually watching the recent videos y'all posted. I think I've only seen like two trailers.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

talonmalon333

So currently, Capcom has no plans on releasing RE6 on the Wii U. That's unfortunate, if you ask me. Such a missed opportunity.