Most Anticipated Video Games

Started by Spark Of Spirit, December 27, 2010, 06:00:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foggle

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Its not like I needed someone from Remedy to make me realize that the game is turning out to be awesome, but it sure does help that a higher-up of the developer that created Max Payne gives his full approval of Rockstar's take on Max Payne 3. :thumbup:

Foggle

Yay, Nintendo! :joy:

Won't be getting one until someone figures out a way to play English-patched Fatal Frame 4 on it, though.

Also, I like this guy's comment (in response to the typical IGN userbase idiocy):
QuoteToday's gamer is a moron.  Obviously not all of them, but it's embarrassing to share a species with these dolts.  So much competitive gaming rage, and so little fun seems to be the philosophy of too many modern "gamers."  I understand it's a minority, but it's an annoyingly loud minority.  I play mainly on the PC, and too often find myself playing my SNES emulator as opposed to some newer game I had recently purchased.  I enjoy online games and all, but some people think that's all gaming is.

Spark Of Spirit

This is falling in line with all the rumors. I'm glad to see the price  in an affordable range.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Spark Of Spirit

Nintendo announced they will be showing off a new Mario game for the Wii-U at E3.

That will go great with the 3DS 2D one coming it this holiday.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Rynnec

I think it's safe to say that Nintendo will win E3 again for the 4th time in a row.

Daxdiv

Quote from: Rynnec on April 16, 2012, 02:54:56 PM
I think it's safe to say that Nintendo will win E3 again for the 4th time in a row.

This is a reality I don't mind living in.

Spark Of Spirit

If it's a launch game it will be the first new Mario game to launch with a system since Super Mario 64. Rumor is it's being done  EAD1 whose last game was actually Super Mario Galaxy 1. (EAD2 did Galaxy 2, and Super Mario 3D Land)

Which I guess means the 2D Mario is being done by the NSMBWii team. (Super Mario 4?)

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

So, I'm predicting that the title will either be Super Mario Bros. 4 or Super Mario Universe. Or, hell, it could just be Super Mario Galaxy 3 for all I know.

talonmalon333

It's been confirmed to be a third New Super Mario Bros. game.

Spark Of Spirit

Actually, it's not confirmed. This was all that was said:

"In a recent interview, Mr. Miyamoto confirmed that a new Super Mario Bros. game for the Wii U system will be shown at this year's E3 Expo," a Nintendo spokesperson said. "We'll have more to announce about our plans for the E3 Expo at a later date."
Note it isn't New Super Mario Bros., just a new Super Mario title.

And with a 2D one already coming to the 3DS, a 2D one for the Wii-U at the same time is a bit weird.

Spark Of Spirit

Pikmin 3 was confirmed to be at E3. I'm guessing it will be a Wii-U launch title, then.

Foggle

First trailer for Dishonored AKA Deus Ex + Mirror's Edge + Thief + BioShock.

Fucking awesome.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Foggle on April 17, 2012, 11:17:25 AM
First trailer for Dishonored AKA Deus Ex + Mirror's Edge + Thief + BioShock.

Fucking awesome.
Indeed. I loved what I read in the game's issue of Game Informer so I can't wait.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

007 Legends was announced:

QuoteSANTA MONICA, Calif., April 18, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- To celebrate the James Bond franchise's 50th anniversary, Activision Publishing, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Activision Blizzard, Inc. (Nasdaq: ATVI), will launch gamers back through time to relive a selection of Bond's most iconic and intense undercover missions from the popular Bond film franchise with 007? Legends.

A first-of-its-kind Bond video game, 007 Legends features an original, overarching storyline tying together six classic Bond movies, concluding with this year's highly-anticipated 23rd installment ? SKYFALL ? to offer the most diverse Bond gaming experience yet! As with the feature films, 007 Legends equips players with state-of-the-art spy gadgets, an arsenal of weapons, including Bond's signature Walther PPK, and sleek vehicles as they jet off to exotic locations and utilize Bond's quick wits, class and style to take down notorious villains and their brutal henchmen, perform impressive stunts, and of course...mingle with gorgeous Bond women.

"To honor 50 years of the world's top secret agent, 007 Legends offers a collection of his most famed moments in the smartest and most treacherous Bond game yet," said David Oxford, Executive Vice President at Activision Publishing, Inc. "Creating a video game storyline that ties together six popular, yet very different, Bond movie narratives can be challenging, but together with EON Productions, our developer Eurocom, has pulled it off to create an homage that we think will be a unique and highly entertaining Bond video game."

In addition to 007 Legends' main story, the game will feature the return of fan-favorite single-player Mi6 Ops Missions, which debuted in GoldenEye 007: Reloaded and challenges players to complete extra missions ranging from all-out action to stealth and gadget-based gameplay and compete for the highest online leader board scores. For the first time ever, players will be able to participate as one of Bond's cohorts or villainous foes, reliving the missions through their eyes, as well as 007's. The robust James Bond multiplayer experience includes local four-player split-screen game modes and online competitive gameplay with new maps, weapons and characters derived from Bond's 50 year legacy. With more gadgets, deeper stealth and spy investigation gameplay, gamers will have every opportunity to truly feel like the world's favorite spy.

Planned to launch this fall, 007 Legends is being developed by Eurocom, under license from EON Productions Ltd. and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios, Inc. (MGM) for the Xbox 360? video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and PlayStation?3 computer entertainment system. Stay tuned for more information on the game's official Web site and Facebook page.
I'm glad that Eurocom is now the go-to Bond developer after GoldenEye Wii. They're certainly a much better pick than the Bloodstone guys.