Most Anticipated Video Games

Started by Spark Of Spirit, December 27, 2010, 06:00:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

What makes you think that only Foggle would be devastated by this news? :shit:

I REALLY hope that this is only a rumor. I mean, out of the 3 great hack n' slash series, Ninja Gaiden was just utterly obliterated with NG3, Devil May Cry has been rebooted into something that doesn't really resemble its former self and seems to have mostly average gameplay in comparison to the original series, and if Bayonetta 2 is cancelled then all 3 big hack n' slash series are officially dead....in the same year! Damn, this is a SAD, SAD year for hack n' slash fans. :'(

Spark Of Spirit

It would be a blow to the genre. I'm not really sure what's going to happen to Platinum and Sega's relationship from this point. Bayonetta was their highest selling game.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

I think Platinum might be done with Sega after Anarchy Reigns, anyway. Their contract ended with Vanquish, but then Sega signed them on for one more title (AR). Since Konami is publishing Revengeance, maybe they'll start handling P*'s further releases.

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on April 30, 2012, 02:05:38 PM
I REALLY hope that this is only a rumor. I mean, out of the 3 great hack n' slash series, Ninja Gaiden was just utterly obliterated with NG3, Devil May Cry has been rebooted into something that doesn't really resemble its former self and seems to have mostly average gameplay in comparison to the original series, and if Bayonetta 2 is cancelled then all 3 big hack n' slash series are officially dead....in the same year! Damn, this is a SAD, SAD year for hack n' slash fans. :'(
Worst year ever. Absolutely disgraceful, killing three of the best game franchises in one genre ALL IN THE SAME YEAR. WHY SEGA!? WHYYYYYYYYYY

Foggle

Good lord yes. They've got the composer from Doom on board, too.

Spark Of Spirit

That sounds and looks an awful lot like DOOM. Which is a great thing.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Foggle

Spark Of Spirit

It's been canceled because they are merging Bayonetta and Vanquish into the same game.

Because.

Foggle

Not really news, but Insomniac confirmed that Overstrike will be third person. Here's hoping that it plays like R&C!

https://twitter.com/#!/insomniacgames/status/198217599274860544

Rosalinas Spare Wand

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/05/05/xseed-announces-rhythm-strategy-title-orgarhythm-for-vita/

Now this is the kind of game that would make me consider buying a Vita. The art style looks a little generic, but the idea sounds like a million bucks.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Foggle on May 04, 2012, 01:52:05 PM
Not really news, but Insomniac confirmed that Overstrike will be third person. Here's hoping that it plays like R&C!

Is it co-op?
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Foggle

Quote from: gunswordfist on May 06, 2012, 07:50:31 PM
Quote from: Foggle on May 04, 2012, 01:52:05 PM

Is it co-op?
No idea. I think it will be, though.

Spark Of Spirit

I thought that was the hook for the game? The 4 player co-op with each character having different skills.

Since this is almost assuredly being done by the R&C team (not the resistance or new A4O team), I'm interested. I hope they are able to squeeze out a Wii-U version, though. From this point on, I'd rather more my anticipated third party games there.

Foggle

As long as it's not a 720 or PS4 exclusive, I don't mind. But I really hope all the good games will either be available for Wii-U or PC next-gen, because I can't see myself buying anything else.

Spark Of Spirit

The rumored target PS4 specs are not that much higher to the Wii-U. Apparently, the difference would equate to the difference between the Gamecube and the original Xbox.

It will be interesting to see how Microsoft goes from here. If they make a huge jump off from that, they could get completely shut out. No one is going to make games for one system anymore, they cost way too much to make to put all your eggs into one pointless basket.