Most Anticipated Video Games

Started by Spark Of Spirit, December 27, 2010, 06:00:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

Tony Hawk Pro Skater HD has levels from THPS1 and 2. However, they just announced DLC level packs, the first of which will include levels from THPS3.

I really hope they don't screw this up.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on May 16, 2012, 03:35:51 PM
Tony Hawk Pro Skater HD has levels from THPS1 and 2. However, they just announced DLC level packs, the first of which will include levels from THPS3.

I really hope they don't screw this up.
Never heard of this.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Peanutbutter

Sweet! Akiyama's coming back in Yakuza 5! Saejima's welcome too, but I freakin' loved playing Aki. Now I just need to finish playing Saejima and the rest of Yakuza 4......  :sweat:

Foggle

Quote from: Peanutbutter on May 23, 2012, 01:59:51 PM
Sweet! Akiyama's coming back in Yakuza 5! Saejima's welcome too, but I freakin' loved playing Aki. Now I just need to finish playing Saejima and the rest of Yakuza 4......  :sweat:
Akiyama is easily my favorite character in the entire series. I like him even more than Kiryu! ;D

Foggle

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/05/24/yaukza-5s-five-playable-characters-and-five-locations/

QuoteNagoshi: The top two requests we got were a stronger message and a larger scale. We have ended up with a dynamic script for the game

Yokoyama: All the cities that appear in the game have high level of details, much like Kamurocho does.
We are aiming to improve Kamurocho from the previous games. It is difficult, but we are on track.

Nagoshi: We are improving all aspects of the game. We now have seamless transitions in and out of battle.
The tempo of the game is dramatically improved since the previous games.

Yokoyama: We had no hesitation including Haruka as a playable character, but there were many things to think about regarding using her in the game.

The battle system will be revealed to the pubic in the days to come. We have incorporated a mechanism to be able to play in the same way as other protagonists on the street.

The new character, Shinada, is a lot different to the protagonists of the series thus far; he's a complainer and he runs away if things get dangerous. He is a neglegent and unreliable guy. He may appear to be completely unlike a protagonist, but he has his convictions. It will be easy for players to empathise with him, especially male players.

Nagoshi: OF THE END is a spin-off; think of it like Kenzan. The title "OF THE END" simply meant the end of that game engine. Ryu ga Gotoku 5 is a completely new Ryu Ga Gotoku game with a new engine.

Yokoyama: We had told the staff we will be making a brand new Ryu ga Gotoku.

This isn't a mere sequel to Ryu ga Gotoku 4; we want to exceed all expectations the fans may have.

Nagoshi: Development taken twice as long as previous entries in the series, but challenging ourselves to make #5 has been far from twice as hard. The team have been highly motivated and have a lot of faith in the game. We are finishing up a game that contains intense human drama with plenty of surprises to offer, so please look forward to it.

I will do horrible things to good people if Sega doesn't bring this to the west...

Spark Of Spirit

They brought Dead Souls instead of Kenzan. And Dead Souls bombing might have been enough to kill all hope of 5.

Another reason to dislike that game.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

I don't really see that as an "instead" case. Kenzan is kind of old now... it probably would've bombed hard due to its graphics and fighting system. Only the most hardcore Yakuza fans like myself would have given it a second glance.

If anything, they brought Dead Souls over instead of Kurohyou. Which is unforgivable. :srs:

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on May 24, 2012, 11:51:29 AM
Another reason to dislike that game.
I plan on buying it new eventually just to support the series in the west... it's not a great game, but the demo was decently fun and delightfully silly. But I would have greatly preferred Kurohyou or even Kenzan, which are absolutely worth playing - even untranslated.

And if DS fucked over Yakuza 5's chance for an English release, heads will roll.

Spark Of Spirit

I dunno, all those Way Of The Samurai style games keep getting released here. If they advertised it as such, it would probably do decently. I think the US is more accepting of samurai and ninja as opposed to modern Japanese Mafia.

I'm just annoyed that the lesser spin off (that I have absolutely NO interest in) was released over the one I actually want to play.

Foggle

If Dead Souls was a beat 'em up like the other ones, it would have been awesome. Zombie suplex... sold.

Foggle

Anarchy Reigns demo features:

One level from each single-player story mode
Two multiplayer modes (Deathmatch and Team DM)
Six playable characters (Jack, Leo, Blacker Baron, Mathilda, Sasha, and Garuda)

No word on the number of stages/songs, presence of bot mode, or English release. But that's a very hefty demo! Get yer Japanese accounts ready!

Spark Of Spirit

Foggle

Spark Of Spirit

Shin Megami Tensei 4 is coming for the 3DS!

Here's hoping for some portable remakes of the first few while we wait!

Spark Of Spirit

Sega has outdone themselves on the JSR port! Check out the soundtrack:

QuoteBy Hideki Naganuma (SEGA)
?Grace and Glory?
?Humming the Bassline?
?Let Mom Sleep?
?Moody?s Shuffle?
?Rock It On?
?Sneakman?
?Sweet Soul Brother?
?That?s Enough?

By Guitar Vader
?Super Brothers?
?Magical Girl?

By Deavid Soul
?Dunny Boy Williamson Show?
?Miller Ball Breakers?
?On the Bowl (A.Fargus Remix)?
?Up-Set Attack?

Also including such popular tracks as ?
?Electric Tooth Brush? by Toronto
?Everybody Jump Around? by Richard Jacques
?OK House? by Idol Taxi
?Bout the City? by Reps
?Funky Radio? by B.B. Rights
?Mischievous Boy? by Castle Logical
?Yellow Bream? by F-Fields
?Just Got Wicked? by Cold
?Dragula? by Rob Zombie
?Slow? by Professional Murder Music
?Improvise? by Jurassic 5
?Patrol Knob? by Mixmaster Mike
?Recipe for the Perfect Afro? by Feature Cast
?Funky Plucker? by Semi Detached
Every song that matters! Great job, guys!