Most Anticipated Video Games

Started by Spark Of Spirit, December 27, 2010, 06:00:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

I played the Rhythm Thief demo on the 3DS, and it is excellent. I can't wait to play the full game.

Sega plus rhythm games always equals awesome.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Spark Of Spirit

Did you guys here that the next Arkham game will be a Silver Age oriented prequel? Now that sounds awesome.

Diedrich Bader for Batman, please!
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

The theme sounds great, but after Arkham City I'm pretty tired of the gameplay. Unless the game gets a complete overhaul in terms of gameplay, I won't see it as anything more than a decent rental. After a while the shallow combat and stealth, uninspired and boring side-missions, and bare-boned exploration elements just stop amusing me and I just find myself wanting more depth out of the experience.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on July 11, 2012, 11:01:36 PM
The theme sounds great, but after Arkham City I'm pretty tired of the gameplay. Unless the game gets a complete overhaul in terms of gameplay, I won't see it as anything more than a decent rental. After a while the shallow combat and stealth, uninspired and boring side-missions, and bare-boned exploration elements just stop amusing me and I just find myself wanting more depth out of the experience.
I can definitely understand that. I'm hoping they expand the combat and situations (since the Silver Age is a LOT better at elaborate set-pieces and over the top enemies), but also open up the combat more.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Yeah, the combat could use some improvement for sure. Also, I know this sounds contradictory to a Batman game, but since this is supposed to be more like silver age Batman, it wouldn't hurt to have some less dark parts to the game world's environment. This would be a great opportunity to explore some more the more colorful Batman art-style from the silver age comics, IMO. To me, the first 2 Arkham games were basically taking a lot of influence from the grittier Batman comics and Nolan's Batman films. This next Batman game should take a touch of The Brave and the Bold. It can still be serious and not necessarily as campy as that series (though if it were, I'd certainly be game for that as well ;) ), but it can still have that fun spirit, as it certainly helps any game to have any semblence of "fun" at its core. :thumbup:

Foggle

This is an actual in-game costume. MGR confirmed for best Metal Gear since Snake Eater.

talonmalon333

Just so you guys know, New Super Mario Bros. U will not be a launch title, according to recent sources.

Foggle

DEADPOOL THE MOTHERFUCKING VIDEO GAME WAS JUST ANNOUNCED

http://deadpoolgame.com/ WEBSITE OPENS IN 3 HOURS OMGOMGOMGOMG

Foggle

SUCK IT WOLVERINE

Not really feeling the first 40 seconds, but the rest is perfection.

Rynnec

Quote from: Foggle on July 14, 2012, 05:12:03 PM
SUCK IT WOLVERINE

Not really feeling the first 40 seconds, but the rest is perfection.

"This video has been removed by the user" :(

Foggle

Rynnec

Foggle

I know! :swoon: :swoon:

The first bit did grow on me after a second viewing, too. High Moon is a great developer, so I have a lot of hope for this game. And Nolan North completely nailed Deadpool's voice in that trailer.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Rynnec