Most Anticipated Video Games

Started by Spark Of Spirit, December 27, 2010, 06:00:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Haha, I love that trailer. The game looks funny as hell. I don't mind if its a standard hack n' slash game (much like Wolverine), if its full of the quick-witted humor and breaking the fourth wall jokes that Deadpool is known for. It would of course be amazing if it could support both great humor AND a deep combat system, but I'm good with the former as long as its done really well. ;)

Seriously, though, a Deadpool game with Ninja Gaiden style melee combat mixed in with a good amount of TPS action would be instant GOTY material. I wouldn't even mind if they just flat-out ripped off the combat system from NG and/or DMC. It'd be the perfect combination of both style and substance. :thumbup:

gunswordfist

Quote from: Foggle on July 14, 2012, 01:45:18 PM
DEADPOOL THE MOTHERFUCKING VIDEO GAME WAS JUST ANNOUNCED

http://deadpoolgame.com/ WEBSITE OPENS IN 3 HOURS OMGOMGOMGOMG
Keep that pussy Ryan Reynolds away from the game and it'll be a guaranteed buy for me.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

gunswordfist

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on July 14, 2012, 10:47:28 PM
Haha, I love that trailer. The game looks funny as hell. I don't mind if its a standard hack n' slash game (much like Wolverine), if its full of the quick-witted humor and breaking the fourth wall jokes that Deadpool is known for. It would of course be amazing if it could support both great humor AND a deep combat system, but I'm good with the former as long as its done really well. ;)

Seriously, though, a Deadpool game with Ninja Gaiden style melee combat mixed in with a good amount of TPS action would be instant GOTY material. I wouldn't even mind if they just flat-out ripped off the combat system from NG and/or DMC. It'd be the perfect combination of both style and substance. :thumbup:
It better ripoff DMC.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

talonmalon333

Disregard my earlier post. Turns out New Super Mario Bros. U isn't being delayed after all.

Return to your posts, people!

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I'm considering either saving up for a WiiU or a fairly good PC. Obviously the PC would be way more expensive but it'd pay off in the long run with the cheaper game prices and Steam Sales. On the other hand, Nintendo has a bunch of first-party games that you can't get anywhere other than Nintendo, and I don't want to miss out on the next big Mario or Zelda game this time around, so I'm not quite sure which option I want to go with, yet. Either way, it'll be a while before I even have enough money saved up for either option, so I still have plenty of time to decide for myself, and by the time I do have the money, Nintendo would have already had quite a few first-partly exclusives released by that point in time, so I could make my decision based on the quality of them.

Spark Of Spirit

WiiU and PC will probably be the go-to for a lot of people next gen. Honestly, I just don't see Sony or Microsoft putting out anything that would make me want a new console from them.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on July 16, 2012, 09:12:14 PM
I'm considering either saving up for a WiiU or a fairly good PC. Obviously the PC would be way more expensive but it'd pay off in the long run with the cheaper game prices and Steam Sales. On the other hand, Nintendo has a bunch of first-party games that you can't get anywhere other than Nintendo, and I don't want to miss out on the next big Mario or Zelda game this time around, so I'm not quite sure which option I want to go with, yet. Either way, it'll be a while before I even have enough money saved up for either option, so I still have plenty of time to decide for myself, and by the time I do have the money, Nintendo would have already had quite a few first-partly exclusives released by that point in time, so I could make my decision based on the quality of them.
The Wii-U's launch price is $480, isn't it? A great PC ain't much more than that these days if you know where to look. Unless you're planning on getting a laptop, that is.

Spark Of Spirit

The WiiU price was announced? Seriously, was it? I was gonna preorder, but they said I couldn't until the release date was announced. Been saving for this for a while.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on July 16, 2012, 09:36:57 PM
The WiiU price was announced? Seriously, was it? I was gonna preorder, but they said I couldn't until the release date was announced. Been saving for this for a while.
Maybe I'm misremembering. I could have sworn I heard this from you.

talonmalon333

Yeah, I think I'm good with the Wii U, PC, and 3DS next year. I'm pretty sure I'll never buy a Sony console ever again, and that I'll never buy a Microsoft one. :P

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Foggle on July 16, 2012, 09:39:24 PM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on July 16, 2012, 09:36:57 PM
Maybe I'm misremembering. I could have sworn I heard this from you.
If it was from me, then I must have been wrong. I can't find the price info anywhere.

Crud.  :(

Foggle

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on July 16, 2012, 09:42:20 PM
If it was from me, then I must have been wrong. I can't find the price info anywhere.

Crud.  :(
It was probably /v/ or GAF now that I think about it, and you know how they love to pull "facts" out of their asses.

I wouldn't worry though; it'll likely be much cheaper than that.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

If the WiiU is really priced at that much, then its way higher than most people thought it would be. From what I remember, the general predictions of the WiiU price averaged to about $350, which IMO is the most reasonable price for the system, but I could see it being as high as the $400 mark. Anything more than that may seem too pricey to a lot of consumers, though.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

So, it seems that rather than having found a publisher, Valhalla Game Studios found a partner instead. It seems to be some Korean company/developer of PC shooters, called Doobic, that I have never heard of. Oh well, if that company has experience with PC games then at least that means that the PC version of DT won't be half-assed. At any rate, I hope this business decision turns out well for VGS in the long-run, and I do hope that this means that development on DT can continue from this point on. I've been waiting forever. I want to see some footage, already.

Avaitor

Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/