Most Anticipated Video Games

Started by Spark Of Spirit, December 27, 2010, 06:00:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

You do know that Darksiders 2 is already out, don't you?

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Rynnec

Quote from: gunswordfist on August 18, 2012, 07:24:24 PM
The only hack n slashes I'm anticipating are MGR, Darksiders 2 and well...DmC.

:srs:

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Darksiders 2 has actually gotten pretty good reviews, and it seems that its because the game apparently chooses to focus more on adventure elements than action (which in this case is a good thing, since if its combat is like that of the first game, fighting is shallow and boring). I kind of want to give the game a try myself, but its one of those sequels that I'm weary about because of how much of a drag the first game was (IMO), just like with Assassin's Creed and Mass Effect.

Rynnec

I'm interested in playing Darksiders II, but I'm not sure whether to rent now, or wait until I have a Wii U to get it. I'll look into some gameplay video's of it first though.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

The gameplay I've seen reminds me of Soul Reaver (and consequently Zelda, by extension). Like Soul Reaver, it is pretty much a Zelda rip-off what with the dungeon design and horse-riding and whatnot, but with a darker kind of fantasy setting to it. The grim design of Death also reminds me a lot of Raziel from Soul Reaver, especially with the eyes.

As for whether to rent it or not, I have heard that its really lengthy and will take more than just a solid day of playing to beat (I think its supposedly over 20 hours long if you decide to partake in a decent amount of side-quests), though since I haven't played it myself I can't confirm how long it really is.

Anyways, if I did decide to play it, I'd still probably just wait a few months until it comes down in price.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Rynnec on August 18, 2012, 07:41:41 PM

Well, I was going to get it even if it was complete shit so there you go.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I felt the same way about NG3, but then I realized how fucking stupid that sort of logic was. Why the hell would I waste $60 on a godawful game when I could use that money on something that I'd actually enjoy?

Rynnec

Quote from: gunswordfist on August 18, 2012, 09:53:31 PM
Quote from: Rynnec on August 18, 2012, 07:41:41 PM

Well, I was going to get it even if it was complete shit so there you go.

Fair enough. To be honest, I'm most likely going to end up playing the game in some way as well, just to see how it really compares to the previous DMC's. Plus if I'm going to be bashing the game, I should at least play it so my arguments have some basis.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I've already given up on the story for this game being worth anything. It clearly takes itself way too seriously to be intentionally fun, and while it could end up being funny in a so bad its good sort of way, I haven't even been getting that vibe from what I've seen of it, so far (it just comes off as plane bad). So, my analysis of the game will be purely from how it holds up on a gameplay standpoint. I want to judge its combat system, the enemy and boss design, how creative the levels actually turn out to be (or if they are just really gimmicky like I suspect), and how balanced the level of difficulty and challenge feel (at least on the harder difficulty settings). And of course I want to see how much substance the game has to its gameplay to test how replayable it is. At best I expect a competent action game that's at least entertaining to play through once. At worst I expect a retread of Heavenly Sword.

talonmalon333

Spark Of Spirit

Rumored to be $299, and most games seem to be $49.99 except Sonic Racing which seems to be $39.99.

I hope that holds true. It hits dead on where I'd realistically like it.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on August 27, 2012, 09:52:26 PM
most games seem to be $49.99
You just reminded me of how angry I am that publishers have started charging $60 for PC games. :burn:

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Foggle on August 27, 2012, 09:54:52 PM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on August 27, 2012, 09:52:26 PM
most games seem to be $49.99
You just reminded me of how angry I am that publishers have started charging $60 for PC games. :burn:
It particularly stunned me because I heard Wii-U games were going to be similarly jacked up, but it might not actually be the case.

Personally, the cap for me is $49.99 and even that is rare due to lack of fund-age, so if that's still the standard, that's great to me.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Daxdiv

This is also another thing I love about Nintendo, their games don't go over $50. I mean the newest Xbox 360 and PS3 games always starts at $60 unless it's a budget title or something. Seriously, I hope when the new Xbox and PS come out, they don't charge their player base $70 for a game.