Most Anticipated Video Games

Started by Spark Of Spirit, December 27, 2010, 06:00:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Also, another troubling thing that I've heard is that you have to separately install multiplayer on to your HDD (and yes, I heard its mandatory), which is crazy because the only way someone like me with an older XBOX and HDD would have enough space for that would be if I deleted all of my current XBLA games in order to make room for it. That's just pretty fucking ridiculous if its true.

Spark Of Spirit

New Shantae announced!

Good ol' WayForward.

EDIT: Link fixed. -- Foggle
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

They've been trying to get the first one Greenlit on Steam iirc. Hopefully it does so I can play it!

Spark Of Spirit

They're also working on getting the first GBC game released on the VC.

I hope they get released, those are some great games.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Commode

That's because you've never seen them in the wild, at least the GBC game.  It's the rarest GBC game, and one of the rarest games altogether in the Game Boy brand.

Which would be great if they do get it on the VC, because it'll give me a chance to play it.  If they do get it on the VC though, I'll be pissed that they still haven't put any of the Mother games up, not even Earthbound. 
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Foggle

Holy shit. This game, an open-ended survival sim with horror elements, was made entirely by two people. That includes the engine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDqH7B2hcbc

Looks fantastic.

Commode

Man, this demo for Epic Mickey: Power of Illusion is heartbreaking.  I was so looking forward to the game because it looks awesome, but after playing the demo I'm disappointed.  The graphics are amazing, but the gameplay is terrible.  It's a shame, this was one of the games I was looking forward to the most.

Spark Of Spirit

That's too bad you didn't enjoy it, I thought it was pretty cool.

Spark Of Spirit

Yoshi's Land?

So here's the situation in addition to this leak.

• Good Feel has been rumored to be making a Yoshi Island game since Epic Yarn came out
  • That strange WiiU hack revealed a Yoshi Land game in the system (not the Nintendoland game!)
  • Good Feel made Wario Land in 2008 and Epic Yarn in 2010... We're about due
  • This was one of the rumored games (like Retro's game) that was pulled at E3 for not being a launch period title

Seems to me, we're going to be getting a Yoshi game made by Good Feel announced sooner than later. But that's just me getting irrationally hyped up.  ;)

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

If this is like a proper sequel to Yoshi's Island (the best 2D platformer ever made, as far as I'm concerned), and it turns out to be a worthy successor to that game, then I have a definitive reason to buy a WiiU. Still, that's saying a lot, as it'd take a lot to outdo that game.

Spark Of Spirit

No kidding, but I have faith in Good Feel after Wario Land and Epic Yarn which both only really got hard when you went for 100% (which was what gave Yoshi's Island its difficulty), and had amazing music and art. If there's anyone at Nintendo that can nail a proper Yoshi's Island sequel it would be them.

(Though I'm still waiting for someone to realize they have the director of the classic Sonic games sitting at NST and twiddling his thumbs.  Seriously, use the man!)

Commode

Just as long as its more like YI SNES and less like YI DS.  The DS game isn't a bad game, but it is disappointing as a YI game.

Foggle

Quote from: Comeau on November 27, 2012, 04:49:27 PM
Just as long as its more like YI SNES and less like YI DS.  The DS game isn't a bad game, but it is disappointing as a YI game.
What if it's like Yoshi's Story? :happytime:

Spark Of Spirit

Seriously though, if you haven't played it yet, get Wario Land Shake It. It really is great.

Quote from: Foggle on November 27, 2012, 06:09:56 PM
Quote from: Comeau on November 27, 2012, 04:49:27 PM
What if it's like Yoshi's Story? :happytime:
That's as likely as the next Donkey Kong game being like Donkey Kong 64. Yoshi's Story got a very similar chilly reception.