Most Anticipated Video Games

Started by Spark Of Spirit, December 27, 2010, 06:00:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

Should I get Beyond Good & Evil HD?
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Avaitor

IMO the original was dull, so if you haven't already played it, I wouldn't recommend it.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Spark Of Spirit

Oh yeah, and here's the GDC trailer!

Suda, Mikami, and Yamaoka. Wow, this still looks cool.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Saw that trailer earlier today. Looks damn cool, but the pedigree behind it sold me before any info on it had even been released.

Spark Of Spirit

Sort of OT, but there's no real thread to post this in.

Gaming predictions form the future!

Surely this "Final Fantasy XIII" shall not come to pass!?

Spark Of Spirit

Foggle

Hope it's on PC as well this time... I am so terrible at dual analog aiming (I'll still get it even if it's console-only, though!).

Pre-ordered Shadows of the Damned today. The guy at GameStop got really excited and told me that I was the first person other than him he'd seen show interest in it (and apparently he loves all of Suda51's games).

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Timesplitters is a solid series, but I can't be the only one who didn't like its aiming mechanic at all. I understand that it was designed that way intentionally, but personally I feel that even when Timesplitters 2 was out that was a pretty dated mechanic. I mean, its not like it adds to the challenge or anything, but it feels like more of a nuisance.

Spark Of Spirit

Well, they'll probably change the base mechanics, but I hope the singleplayer is more like TS3 than the other games.

Also, Rocket Slime 3DS was announced. I am giddy.  :shakeshakeshake:

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I'm not sure how reliable this information is, but apparently RE4 and Code Veronica are getting ported to the PS3 and XBOX360.

I know that CV is one of talon's favorite RE games, and that RE4 used to be one of his favorites, so if this news is true then I may finally get the chance to try both of them out.

I did play half-way through Resident Evil 5 with my older brother on co-op, and it was certainly fun....on co-op (don't get me started by how frustrating it was to play on single-player with the AI for your partner in that game, though), so I may really enjoy playing RE4 that plays basically the same as RE5 for the most part except this time its actually designed for single-player. Also, Code Veronica seems to be a fan favorite, so I would like to check that game out as well.

Foggle

Saw that on Destructoid last night, actually. I'll just copy/paste my comment from there:
I love RE4, but it's been re-released so many times that this just seems redundant, and I would have greatly preferred a REmake-style update of 2 or 3 rather than Code Veronica.

That said, this will still probably be a day 1 purchase for me.

----------

Code Veronica is a fan favorite in that only hardcore fans of the series tend to like it. It's the most plodding and tedious Resident Evil game aside from 0. That said, I actually enjoy it quite a bit... it's just not for everyone.

I was very disappointed with 5, but I loved 4. It's a whole lot better. I definitely think you'd like it.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

A friend of mine says that 2 is a classic that he personally likes just as much as the GC remake of the 1st game, but he says 3 is garbage (IDK, it may have something to do with him not like Nemesis or some crap like that), and claims that he never bothered to play through it more than one time.

As for Code Veronica, it was given props by Onizuka in GTO, and the fact that the best anime character ever created likes it alone is enough to get me to want to play it....BTW, this comes from a character who plays with a controller using his feet just to show off to some nerds. :>

Foggle

2 is amazing. If they remade it like they did the first one, it would definitely be in my top 10. I liked 3, but I can definitely understand why your friend didn't. It's definitely worth playing, but it's almost as divisive of the fanbase as 4 and 5.

If Onizuka likes it, it must be good! :lol: I actually got interested in the Fatal Frame series because of all the references to it Rikdo put in Excel Saga. :)

Spark Of Spirit

Code Veronica was originally 3, but rumor has it Sony paid Capcom to give the 3 to Nemesis... Even though Nemesis is apparently a side story. (Don't know, haven't played it)

Jesus, I write more about RE than I've ever actually played.