Most Anticipated Video Games

Started by Spark Of Spirit, December 27, 2010, 06:00:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foggle

Quote from: Dusk Golem from NeoGAF-The game is set in an ocean-side town or island that seems to experience frequent flooding and has been overgrown. This one seems obvious in retrospective, but an on-going theme noticed in the concept art and the one in-game screen you can partially see is overgrowth and water. In a piece of concept art, you can see a decaying ship at bay, a lighthouse, and the ocean, but in a lot of concept art you can see water on the floor, or water damage. There also seems to have bee no-care left for any of the structures, and plants have ravaged and taken over buildings.

-The game's story involves slavery and an old slave-driven society. My theory is that this area is an isolated island, and was once an island of slavery plantations, and the like. The one character we have concept art for is black, the ship we see in concept art is a slavery ship, and there is some concept art of what looks to be an abandoned plantation (not to mention it fits the theme of plants overgrowing the land). I am guessing these monsters were once human, but something happened.

This also would explain the bug-theme if this was an island for plantation, as any farmer can tell you, one of the biggest threats to plantations or any sort of farmland is insects. This would also imply that there is mutation going on, supported by the beast at play here. Cause an exact effects unknown. Was it natural causes, a curse, experimenting, something else? No clue, that's up to theorizing.

-Our characters sanity may be in question. There was an old build of Resident Evil 4 that involved the question if Leon was sane or not. Some of the art, both prior to and before the announcement of Zwei, looks a bit surreal, even considering if mutation is gong on here. However, there seems to be people on-board in the project which have a deep interest in human psychology and disturbing imagery/abstract art. Some choice messages made from staff (mainly on Twitter) since Project Zwei was revealed had one thing in common in passing, there almost seemed to be an in-joke about going insane on the project. Back this up with the psychology stuff, the love with people in the team for the disturbed and the abstract, and the fact the last horror game Mikami almost made was supposed to have a theme of insanity, backed with some of the stranger concept art, and I believe our main hero may be having delusions and cases of insanity himself.

What I can piece together for now.

And now, some concept art:

Spoiler

[close]
This is really seeming like it's gonna' be my kind of game, and one of the greatest horror titles ever made.

Foggle

Spark Of Spirit

I guess it was delayed to launch alongside the new consoles.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

I'm happy as long as it gets a PC release.

Unless they don't bring Stephen Russell back as Garrett. Then I'll be going on a murder spree.

Foggle

Planescape: Torment 2 is coming.

All these classic PC game revivals of late are making me a very happy panda.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

So, I just watched this trailer, and it made me smile. Not that I necessarily expect the game to be anything too special, but at least the humor is definitely there. ;)

Foggle

Spark Of Spirit

http://sickr.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/crash_bandicoot_countdown.jpg

I want to be excited but... the last great Crash game was on the PS1. Other than that only Twinsanity came close to good and even that had quite some uninspired levels.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

talonmalon333

There was ever a great Crash game?

Truthfully, even as a really young kid, I thought it wasn't all that good. It looks like a tech demo compared to Mario 64, and that game was older.

Spark Of Spirit

I enjoyed Crash 2 and 3 way more than SM64 honestly. And Crash Team Racing was substantially better than MK64.

Avaitor

I was more of a Spryo kid, personally, but I did enjoy the PS1 Crash games as well.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

talonmalon333

Spark Of Spirit

I dunno, Spyro never really clicked with me though I liked the games. I think Insomniac really hit the ground running with Going Commando.

... which is about the time Naughty Dog lost the plot, in my opinion.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Personally, I thought Spyro was pretty boring aside from a few cool levels here and there, but I only played the first 2 games (and yes, I did actually beat both of them, and even 100%'ed the original back in the day).

As for Crash, I didn't like the 1st game and never actually played the 2nd one, but I played the hell out of Warped (the 3rd game) when I was a kid. I have no idea whether it holds up these days, but I did have a shit-ton of fond nostalgic memories with that one.

Spark Of Spirit

The only thing about Crash 2 that I dislike is the way to get the gems are more pure luck than anything since there's no hint on how to get them.

Otherwise, the game is still an excellent platformer. Crash 3 is way too easy and has a few too many minigames but it's really good as a whole. 1's biggest problem is the sloppy difficulty and poor reward for getting 100% (you might as well not even bother), if it was remade with 2's improvements it would be way better.