Most Anticipated Video Games

Started by Spark Of Spirit, December 27, 2010, 06:00:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

talonmalon333

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on March 10, 2013, 06:39:59 PM
I dunno, Spyro never really clicked with me though I liked the games. I think Insomniac really hit the ground running with Going Commando.

... which is about the time Naughty Dog lost the plot, in my opinion.

I probably should've been more clear on Spyro. I loved the first one, but I think 2 and 3 were just "decent". They just felt so incredibly small in comparison to the first game. Also, something about them just felt so cartoonish. I don't know, the original just had strong feeling of classic dragon fantasy that was lost in the sequels.

Still, 2 and 3 were leagues above the garbage Spyro began to spit out in later years.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on March 10, 2013, 06:46:35 PM
Crash 3 is way too easy

It probably is, but I've always really sucked at platformers (especially when I was a kid), so personally I got my fair share of deaths from that game. That said, I did have fond memories trying to 100% it by collecting all of the gems (though I remember a few of them being insanely frustrating to attain).

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on March 10, 2013, 08:04:08 PM
Crash 3 is way too easy

It probably is, but I've always really sucked at platformers (especially when I was a kid), so personally I got my fair share of deaths from that game. That said, I did have fond memories trying to 100% it by collecting all of the gems (though I remember a few of them being insanely frustrating to attain).
To be fair, I was hardened by Crash 1 and 2 by the time it came out. Had it been the first game in the series I played, I probably would have found it a solid difficulty.

2 is the best game in the series in my opinion because it is neither too hard or too easy and it stays pretty consistent the whole way through.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Insomniac

Rosalinas Spare Wand

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on March 10, 2013, 08:11:32 PM
Crash 3 is way too easy

To be fair, I was hardened by Crash 1 and 2 by the time it came out. Had it been the first game in the series I played, I probably would have found it a solid difficulty.

2 is the best game in the series in my opinion because it is neither too hard or too easy and it stays pretty consistent the whole way through.

Yeah, Crash games were ridiculously hard for platformers. Not just talking about getting 100% in levels either, a lot ofthe later stages have tiny routes and you have to have rigidly precise control in order to clear crtain levels. Crash 2 was especially tricky with all those space levels.

I never tried the 3rd one sadly enough, closest I got was the Pizza Hut demo disc.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Rosalinas Spare Wand on March 11, 2013, 02:03:04 AM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on March 10, 2013, 08:11:32 PM
Crash 3 is way too easy

Yeah, Crash games were ridiculously hard for platformers. Not just talking about getting 100% in levels either, a lot ofthe later stages have tiny routes and you have to have rigidly precise control in order to clear crtain levels. Crash 2 was especially tricky with all those space levels.

I never tried the 3rd one sadly enough, closest I got was the Pizza Hut demo disc.
Compared to how hard 2 got by the end (the space levels are especially dicey) and how hard 1 was for the entirety, 3 is mostly a cakewalk that is pretty forgiving. They sort of continued the lax difficulty into Jak 1 before they crammed the trickiness back up with 2. I guess their one weakness was figuring out the best balance.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Spark Of Spirit

So we were talking about that Steam Giana Sisters game and apparently the same developers behind it are working on a new Turrican game.

Interesting and exciting.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on March 11, 2013, 08:31:13 PM
So we were talking about that Steam Giana Sisters game and apparently the same developers behind it are working on a new Turrican game.

Interesting and exciting.
And now apparently that Giana Sisters game is coming out for the Wii-U. What a weird string of news.

gunswordfist

Isn't Giana Sisters some Mario ripoff. I remember a title like that from flash game sites.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

The original game from 1987 is. The more recent games differentiated things a lot from Mario.

gunswordfist

Oh.

Anyway, I can't wait for these games to come out:

Rayman Legends
Rainbow Six Patriots
Beyond Good & Evil 2
Splinter Cell Blacklisted
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

So who here already got themselves a copy on the PC?

I'm personally waiting for the eshop announcement, but that game looks great. Reminds me of Little Samson meets Duck Tales and Castlevania.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

So, the new Gears of War game comes out tomorrow....And I had completely forgotten that they were even making a new GOW game, let alone know that it was releasing this soon. Not only does it go to show you just how far out of the loop I am, but it also shows you my lack of giving a shit about the big-budget triple A games that are released this day. For that matter, I also forgot about the "other" game with the GOW abbreviation (the hack n' slash one), which just released not too long ago. Like I said, I have completely lost interest in this stuff.

Well, to be fair, I do mildly enjoy GOW games, so I may pick this one up when it comes down in price to around $20, but any more than that is just too much for me.

Foggle

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on March 18, 2013, 03:41:22 PM
So, the new Gears of War game comes out tomorrow....
Huh. That marks the sixth recent AAA release I was completely unaware of. I actually had no idea that Fire Emblem: Awakening, Crysis 3, Tomb Raider, SimCity, or God of War: Ascension had even come out until I saw them on shelves.

Avaitor

Apparently a new Assassins Creed is coming out very soon, as well.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/