Started by Spark Of Spirit, December 27, 2010, 06:00:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foggle

Rynnec

Quote from: Foggle on March 20, 2013, 06:14:34 PM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on March 20, 2013, 06:04:06 PM
I heard ZOE2 is way above 1.
Same here. Never played either, though.

It really is. ZOE1 is an okay game, and decent enough when you factor in the time when it was made, but when you compare it to TSR, it's practically a public beta.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

If that HD collection is on the XBOX360, I may consider picking it up once I have more time to play games after my semester finishes.

Foggle

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on March 20, 2013, 10:14:20 PM
If that HD collection is on the XBOX360, I may consider picking it up once I have more time to play games after my semester finishes.
They're really bad ports, from what I hear. I'd recommend trying to find PS2 copies instead.

Rynnec

Other than slowdown/framerate issues, what are the other problems with the port? Mine played a-ok outside of the afformented issue.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Really? I thought the ports got decent reviews, but I'll have to do some more research on them I suppose.

Foggle

I'm just parroting what I've heard.

Avaitor

Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on March 22, 2013, 02:37:20 PM
Quote from: Avaitor on March 22, 2013, 02:19:53 PM
http://www.gamespot.com/events/pax-east-2013/story.html?sid=6405793

Hot damn.
I love you.

I LOVE YOU.
Isn't this being done by the guys who made the Brave & the Bold game?

And on top of this and the D&D game, it's becoming very apparent that I need a Wii-U.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Avaitor on March 22, 2013, 02:42:07 PM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on March 22, 2013, 02:37:20 PM
Quote from: Avaitor on March 22, 2013, 02:19:53 PM
http://www.gamespot.com/events/pax-east-2013/story.html?sid=6405793

Hot damn.
I love you.

I LOVE YOU.
Isn't this being done by the guys who made the Brave & the Bold game?

And on top of this and the D&D game, it's becoming very apparent that I need a Wii-U.
Yes, they made that as well as A Boy & His Blob for the Wii, Contra 4 for the DS, and Mighty Switch Force.  :shakeshakeshake:

I'm calling Game Of The Year on this one already.

Spark Of Spirit

Apparently this is going on at PAX:

QuoteDiscussions for a new Mega Man game are going on right now and they will have news on that hopefully later this year. #PaxEast #capcom
Wow, in one day Capcom have almost completely turned it around!

Also found this quote:

QuoteFrankly, you guys asked for it, here on Capcom-Unity. That's why.

About two and a half years ago I started working toward this with Disney because people here kept asking for it (and because I'm a fan too). About a year and a half ago I completed the general outlines of the deal. Disney was on board (and really excited). I then sold the whole concept of the project to Japan as we took it through greenlight.

Wayforward was actually Disney's suggestion given their creative director's LOVE for the original and after we did due diligence we totally agreed. Matt Bozon is a star and their experience with Shantae and Mighty Switch Force made them the right choice. Jake K. ("Virt") on the music was also a deal sealer for us. They've been wonderful to work with and we've kept this title very underwraps, even internally. For example, I don't think anyone in Japan has even seen a build at any point so far (maybe until today :)).

As for the future, I'd like to not get ahead of ourselves. I'm thrilled at the fan response this morning but for the moment, we're going to stay focused on making this project a success. If it works, we can think about other opportunities later but let's not put the cart before the horse. :)

It looks like they're adding three new levels to the game! Because literally my only issue with the original was that it could have been longer.

Foggle

Personally, I think the SFxT DLC and RE6 backlash resulted in a much-needed wake up call for Capcom. Now they seem to be getting back on track by returning to classic franchises, embracing fan projects, treating the PC with more respect, and toning down the DLC gouging.

See, they can change!

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Foggle on March 22, 2013, 03:18:43 PM
Personally, I think the the SFxT DLC and RE6 backlash resulted in a much-needed wake up call for Capcom. Now they seem to be getting back on track by returning to classic franchises, embracing fan projects, treating the PC with more respect, and toning down the DLC gouging.

See, they can change!
I'm thankful for it, really. Capcom at their best is almost unstoppable and these announcements show why!