Most Anticipated Video Games

Started by Spark Of Spirit, December 27, 2010, 06:00:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddy

You actually get to swim in Scrooge's money bin and they're bringing back all surviving voice actors to reprise their roles, including Alan Young (who's 93!) to play Scrooge.

I am stoked. I'll get this for Wii U if I have one by the summer but even if I don't I'll have 360 and PS3. I can't wait.

Foggle

I just hope they put the new DuckTales game on Steam/GOG.

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on March 22, 2013, 03:19:50 PM
I'm thankful for it, really. Capcom at their best is almost unstoppable and these announcements show why!
Yeah, I bought the PC version of RE6 (for only $12, which is less than I sold the PS3 version for) just to support their sudden abandonment of GFWL, as well as the possibility of getting classic games and Dragon's Dogma on my platform of choice.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Foggle on March 22, 2013, 03:24:48 PM
I just hope they put the new DuckTales game on Steam/GOG.
They were working on it for PC last I heard.

I just... really didn't expect this to ever happen. This is the best new game announcement this year so far without question.

Not to sound spoiled, but if this leads to the same for Chip N Dale, TaleSpin (if they tweak it, it could be awesome), Darkwing Duck, and Goof Troop (add in four player with Pete and PJ!) to get remastered then that would be even better. Not to mention DuckTales 2 and Chip N Dale 2.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Its easy to forget that before all this fiasco involving all of these crappy business practices, Capcom was basically the best 3rd party publisher/developer/company ever. I mean, just think of how many of the greatest games of all time were made by Capcom. The list is pretty much unbeatable by any other company. I feel like Capcom has always had talented video game developers to make quality games. What really fucked them up this generation was the management running Capcom. They basically just got greedy, plain and simple. Eventually, people had enough of it, and I'm pretty sure that Capcom has suffered much lower than expected sales for some of their biggest titles thanks to these practices. Being that its a business, as stubborn as they are, they eventually would have no choice but to give into consumer demand if they wanted to stay afloat as a business. Hopefully they've learned their lesson for good, and this dark phase of Capcom's history as a company can finally pass by.

Foggle

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on March 22, 2013, 03:25:42 PM
I just... really didn't expect this to ever happen. This is the best new game announcement this year so far without question.
Now you know how I felt when I heard about Torment 2's Kickstarter. 8)

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on March 22, 2013, 03:26:01 PM
Its easy to forget that before all this fiasco involving all of these crappy business practices, Capcom was basically the best 3rd party publisher/developer/company ever. I mean, just think of how many of the greatest games of all time were made by Capcom. The list is pretty much unbeatable by any other company. I feel like Capcom has always had talented video game developers to make quality games. What really fucked them up this generation was the management running Capcom. They basically just got greedy, plain and simple. Eventually, people had enough of it, and I'm pretty sure that Capcom has suffered much lower than expected sales for some of their biggest titles thanks to these practices. Being that its a business, as stubborn as they are, they eventually would have no choice but to give into consumer demand if they wanted to stay afloat as a business. Hopefully they've learned their lesson for good, and this dark phase of Capcom's history as a company can finally pass by.
SNES Mega Man X9 and ALL is forgiven.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

That reminds me that I still need to play X 3, 4, 5, and 8, one of these days. I can easily play 3 via an emulator, but I could never get a PS1 emulator to work on my crappy laptop, so I'll have to borrow my brother's PS2 and hope that I can find the other 3 games for affordable prices, which may take a while....

Spark Of Spirit

There's a PC version of X4 floating around out there that runs easily even on my ancient PC. As for X5, that's only on PS1 and the X Collection for the PS2/GC.

Spark Of Spirit

Check out the live reveal of DuckTales

I enjoy watching audience's reactions to stuff like this.

Daxdiv

*Audience sings with the song*

Whew.... glad I wasn't the only one singing when I saw the trailer. :P Still, looks good.

Spark Of Spirit

From GoNintendo

Quote- using the pogo ability has been made easier, requiring just a jump and then the press of another button
- maps feature built-in guidance
- one level in the original that had to be played 3 different times has now been reworked to allow for one playthrough to obtain all items needed
- these options can be turned off for a more classic experience
- one of the layout artists who worked on the cartoon helped with the game
- new introduction and end of level scenes for each level
- a generic bat found in one area of the original game has been replaced with a copy of the bat that appears in the introduction to the original television show
- features galleries, the ability to unlock a rare full-length version of the TV show's theme song and even the ability to swim Scrooge around through the gold in his vault
- the amount of coins that Scrooge swims around in will be directly impacted by how many gems the player has discovered
- features new end level
- removed the ability to skip through the entire African Mines level
- the shortcut is still there, but now the reward is some items

The best news out of all of this is what could happen if DuckTales Remastered is a success. Producer Rey Jimenez has said that this game's success could pave the way for more 'Remastered' classics from Disney/Capcom. Which game could be next to get that treatment?

"In a purely hypothetical world. I think Chip n' Dale would be the next logical one. It makes sense because it's the next in the hierarchy. "
Oh yeah, I forgot about the overuse of Transylvania. I'm glad that's been changed.

EDIT: Footage!

Peanutbutter

Alright Capcom, making Ace Attorney 5 and bringing back Phoenix as the lead (even though I liked Trucy and Apollo okay) makes up for no AA: Investigations 2; and I'll consider this making up for screwing around with Street Fighter. Now please, just release Mega Man X9. I don't care it's SNES-style or not, just make sure its good and we're golden!

Seriously, it's almost like that Capcom Christmas Carol came true!  :shakeshakeshake:

By the way, after seeing a new trailer for the Deadpool game, I want it even more badly.

Spark Of Spirit

I found a better video of the DuckTales gameplay

It looks like they turned what was originally the worst level in the game (sorry, but it was) and put in Metroid-style map and exploration with Mega Man-style boss battles. WayForward, man. Those guys.

Avaitor

DuckTales Remastered easier for modern players, paves way for future Disney-Capcom games
By BRIAN CRECENTE on Mar 22, 2013 at 5:15p @crecenteb

When DuckTales Remastered comes to PlayStation 3, Wii U and Xbox 360 it will bring with it a piece of nostalgic '80s gameplay modernized to be more appealing to a generation of gamers not as willing to work for their entertainment.

Yes, it will be easier, or at least it can be.

DuckTales Remastered will include a mix of new features designed to make the game more forgiving than the original. Players won't have to master the art of jumping, ducking and tapping a button to "pogo," for instance, instead they can simply jump and press a button. Maps with built-in guidance will be available in the game as well, and a particularly nasty level, which had to be played three times, has been reworked to require only one play through.

But that doesn't mean that those gamers looking for a difficult, more faithful recreation of the game won't be able to embrace their masochistic nature.

Almost all of those features can be removed through an options menu or difficulty setting, Rey Jimenez, the game's producer, told Polygon.

"If you want the pure experience we are reproducing that with the harder difficulties," he said.

Why include some of the hand-holding in the first place? Modern day gamers are to blame.

"Gamers are just different today," Jimenez said. "We had to make it significantly easier and more accessible."

When released this summer on the PlayStation Network, Wii U eShop and Xbox Live Arcade, DuckTales Remastered will include a complete overhaul of the game's visuals. The new game, developed for Capcom by WayForward Technologies, will feature an interesting blend of hand-drawn 2D art that is texture mapped onto 3D models. One of the layout artists who worked on the original afternoon cartoon helped with the game, Jimenez said. The team also worked to expand the original game's script, adding a new introduction and end of level scenes for each level.

That additional content required new voiceover work. The studio was able to grab some of the original show's cast to do that, including the people who voices Scrooge McDuck, Magica De Spell and Launchpad McQuack, Jimenez said.

The WayForward team also revisited some of the key art elements of the game to try and incorporate more of the art from the original TV show. One example Jimenez gave was that a generic bat found in one area of the original game has been replaced with a copy of the bat that appears in the introduction to the original television show.

The team also added a lot of new content, including galleries, the ability to unlock a rare full-length version of the TV show's theme song and even the ability to swim Scrooge around through the gold in his vault. Jimenez said that the amount of coins that Scrooge swims around in will be directly impacted by how many gems the player has discovered in the game.

The biggest change, aside from the visuals, is the addition of an entirely new level, the last in the game, as well as removing the need to visit, revisit and revisit again the Transylvania level. Now players will have to go through the level just once and then proceed to the new level.

The team also removed the ability to skip through the entire African Mines level by taking a treacherous shortcut. The shortcut is still there, Jimenez said, but now the reward is some items.

"For a remake of an NES game I'm surprised how much dedication they are putting into this," Jimenez said.

While nothing has been locked in, Jimenez said that the work Capcom put into getting approval from Disney to remaster the game could lead to future remastered releases of other classic Capcom-Disney projects. Those games include classics like Chip n' Dale Rescue Rangers, Darkwing Duck and Aladdin.

All of that will be dictated by how well this game is received though, Jimenez stressed.

What game would be next if Capcom were to do a second remastered release from their Disney days?

"In a purely hypothetical world," Jimenez said, "I think Chip n' Dale would be the next logical one. It makes sense because it's the next in the hierarchy."

Sorry if this has already been linked. But I do love how Aladdin has been name-dropped along with other TDA titles. Do you think they'd make a game with two different versions, one representing the SNES title and one like the Genesis?
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit