Most Anticipated Video Games

Started by Spark Of Spirit, December 27, 2010, 06:00:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

Go to 2.40 to hear the VA and remixed soundtrack

I'm still amazed this is happening.

Quote from: Avaitor on March 23, 2013, 02:20:45 PM
DuckTales Remastered easier for modern players, paves way for future Disney-Capcom games
By BRIAN CRECENTE on Mar 22, 2013 at 5:15p @crecenteb

When DuckTales Remastered comes to PlayStation 3, Wii U and Xbox 360 it will bring with it a piece of nostalgic '80s gameplay modernized to be more appealing to a generation of gamers not as willing to work for their entertainment.

Yes, it will be easier, or at least it can be.

DuckTales Remastered will include a mix of new features designed to make the game more forgiving than the original. Players won't have to master the art of jumping, ducking and tapping a button to "pogo," for instance, instead they can simply jump and press a button. Maps with built-in guidance will be available in the game as well, and a particularly nasty level, which had to be played three times, has been reworked to require only one play through.

But that doesn't mean that those gamers looking for a difficult, more faithful recreation of the game won't be able to embrace their masochistic nature.

Almost all of those features can be removed through an options menu or difficulty setting, Rey Jimenez, the game's producer, told Polygon.

"If you want the pure experience we are reproducing that with the harder difficulties," he said.

Why include some of the hand-holding in the first place? Modern day gamers are to blame.

"Gamers are just different today," Jimenez said. "We had to make it significantly easier and more accessible."

When released this summer on the PlayStation Network, Wii U eShop and Xbox Live Arcade, DuckTales Remastered will include a complete overhaul of the game's visuals. The new game, developed for Capcom by WayForward Technologies, will feature an interesting blend of hand-drawn 2D art that is texture mapped onto 3D models. One of the layout artists who worked on the original afternoon cartoon helped with the game, Jimenez said. The team also worked to expand the original game's script, adding a new introduction and end of level scenes for each level.

That additional content required new voiceover work. The studio was able to grab some of the original show's cast to do that, including the people who voices Scrooge McDuck, Magica De Spell and Launchpad McQuack, Jimenez said.

The WayForward team also revisited some of the key art elements of the game to try and incorporate more of the art from the original TV show. One example Jimenez gave was that a generic bat found in one area of the original game has been replaced with a copy of the bat that appears in the introduction to the original television show.

The team also added a lot of new content, including galleries, the ability to unlock a rare full-length version of the TV show's theme song and even the ability to swim Scrooge around through the gold in his vault. Jimenez said that the amount of coins that Scrooge swims around in will be directly impacted by how many gems the player has discovered in the game.

The biggest change, aside from the visuals, is the addition of an entirely new level, the last in the game, as well as removing the need to visit, revisit and revisit again the Transylvania level. Now players will have to go through the level just once and then proceed to the new level.

The team also removed the ability to skip through the entire African Mines level by taking a treacherous shortcut. The shortcut is still there, Jimenez said, but now the reward is some items.

"For a remake of an NES game I'm surprised how much dedication they are putting into this," Jimenez said.

While nothing has been locked in, Jimenez said that the work Capcom put into getting approval from Disney to remaster the game could lead to future remastered releases of other classic Capcom-Disney projects. Those games include classics like Chip n' Dale Rescue Rangers, Darkwing Duck and Aladdin.

All of that will be dictated by how well this game is received though, Jimenez stressed.

What game would be next if Capcom were to do a second remastered release from their Disney days?

"In a purely hypothetical world," Jimenez said, "I think Chip n' Dale would be the next logical one. It makes sense because it's the next in the hierarchy."

Sorry if this has already been linked. But I do love how Aladdin has been name-dropped along with other TDA titles. Do you think they'd make a game with two different versions, one representing the SNES title and one like the Genesis?
Capcom made the SNES game (Shinji Mikami directed it!) but Virgin Interactive made the Genesis game. I'm not actually sure who owns the Virgin Interactive brand right now because they made a few Disney games like Jungle Book and Lion King.

FOR SURE if this goes through 100% we can expect:

The Little Mermaid (could use some added levels)
Chip n Dale Rescue Rangers (Bonus levels and multiple paths on the map + online co-op)
TaleSpin (This would need some polishing, but it's worth it)
Darkwing Duck (Needs a Negaduck level and a Taurus Bulba level)
DuckTales 2 (overhauled soundtrack and dumping of the safe mechanic, please)
Chip n Dale Rescue Rangers 2 (same as the original)
Magical Quest 1, 2, and 3 (no-brainers)
Goof Troop (Shinji Mikami's first game! Just add some levels)
Aladdin (SNES version)

As those are the ones Capcom owns partial rights to. The Virgin Interactive and Sega games require additional licenses. Though there was a rumor that World Of Illusion and Quack Shot showed up in the Steam registry, so Sega might be on the move, too.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Quote from: Avaitor on March 23, 2013, 02:20:45 PM
DuckTales Remastered easier for modern players, paves way for future Disney-Capcom games
By BRIAN CRECENTE on Mar 22, 2013 at 5:15p @crecenteb

When DuckTales Remastered comes to PlayStation 3, Wii U and Xbox 360 it will bring with it a piece of nostalgic '80s gameplay modernized to be more appealing to a generation of gamers not as willing to work for their entertainment.

Yes, it will be easier, or at least it can be.

DuckTales Remastered will include a mix of new features designed to make the game more forgiving than the original. Players won't have to master the art of jumping, ducking and tapping a button to "pogo," for instance, instead they can simply jump and press a button. Maps with built-in guidance will be available in the game as well, and a particularly nasty level, which had to be played three times, has been reworked to require only one play through.

But that doesn't mean that those gamers looking for a difficult, more faithful recreation of the game won't be able to embrace their masochistic nature.

Almost all of those features can be removed through an options menu or difficulty setting, Rey Jimenez, the game's producer, told Polygon.

"If you want the pure experience we are reproducing that with the harder difficulties," he said.

Why include some of the hand-holding in the first place? Modern day gamers are to blame.

"Gamers are just different today," Jimenez said. "We had to make it significantly easier and more accessible."

When released this summer on the PlayStation Network, Wii U eShop and Xbox Live Arcade, DuckTales Remastered will include a complete overhaul of the game's visuals. The new game, developed for Capcom by WayForward Technologies, will feature an interesting blend of hand-drawn 2D art that is texture mapped onto 3D models. One of the layout artists who worked on the original afternoon cartoon helped with the game, Jimenez said. The team also worked to expand the original game's script, adding a new introduction and end of level scenes for each level.

That additional content required new voiceover work. The studio was able to grab some of the original show's cast to do that, including the people who voices Scrooge McDuck, Magica De Spell and Launchpad McQuack, Jimenez said.

The WayForward team also revisited some of the key art elements of the game to try and incorporate more of the art from the original TV show. One example Jimenez gave was that a generic bat found in one area of the original game has been replaced with a copy of the bat that appears in the introduction to the original television show.

The team also added a lot of new content, including galleries, the ability to unlock a rare full-length version of the TV show's theme song and even the ability to swim Scrooge around through the gold in his vault. Jimenez said that the amount of coins that Scrooge swims around in will be directly impacted by how many gems the player has discovered in the game.

The biggest change, aside from the visuals, is the addition of an entirely new level, the last in the game, as well as removing the need to visit, revisit and revisit again the Transylvania level. Now players will have to go through the level just once and then proceed to the new level.

The team also removed the ability to skip through the entire African Mines level by taking a treacherous shortcut. The shortcut is still there, Jimenez said, but now the reward is some items.

"For a remake of an NES game I'm surprised how much dedication they are putting into this," Jimenez said.

While nothing has been locked in, Jimenez said that the work Capcom put into getting approval from Disney to remaster the game could lead to future remastered releases of other classic Capcom-Disney projects. Those games include classics like Chip n' Dale Rescue Rangers, Darkwing Duck and Aladdin.

All of that will be dictated by how well this game is received though, Jimenez stressed.

What game would be next if Capcom were to do a second remastered release from their Disney days?

"In a purely hypothetical world," Jimenez said, "I think Chip n' Dale would be the next logical one. It makes sense because it's the next in the hierarchy."

Sorry if this has already been linked. But I do love how Aladdin has been name-dropped along with other TDA titles. Do you think they'd make a game with two different versions, one representing the SNES title and one like the Genesis?
I was thinking about the Aladdin games. I only played like a minute of the snes version but Genesis version is easily my favorite Disney game.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Peanutbutter

Come to think of it, wasn't Capcom not working with Disney listed as #1 on Screwattack's Biggest Capcom Mistakes? I'm still in utter shock this is happening for real.

Nel_Annette

The Giana Sister game is on XBox Live? I had thought it was Steam only. I... must buy it.

talonmalon333

So Metal Gear Solid V has been announced. Thoughts?

Avaitor

Hmm.

Btw talon, what's your thoughts on the recent announcement for DuckTales?
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

No David Hayter as Snake is quite odd but then it's Kojima so there's bound to be some reason or another that's completely unnecessary.

This series needs a reboot way more than Tomb Raider ever did.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

talonmalon333

Quote from: Avaitor on March 27, 2013, 04:18:45 PM
Btw talon, what's your thoughts on the recent announcement for DuckTales?

Are you referring to that visually stunning remake of one of the best NES games ever released?

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on March 27, 2013, 04:24:27 PM
No David Hayter as Snake is quite odd but then it's Kojima so there's bound to be some reason or another that's completely unnecessary.

This series needs a reboot way more than Tomb Raider ever did.

The storyline kind of ended with MGS4. I can't help but get the feeling like it's just being milked now.

Avaitor

So, they were going to have Ground Zeroes and Metal Gear Solid V.... biggest troll ever. Ground Zeroes and Phantom Pain are the same game they were showing different sides of and it's MGS V. lol

My friend messaged this to me. I'm not sure what he means, actually.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

talonmalon333

Quote from: Avaitor on March 27, 2013, 04:39:56 PM
So, they were going to have Ground Zeroes and Metal Gear Solid V.... biggest troll ever. Ground Zeroes and Phantom Pain are the same game they were showing different sides of and it's MGS V. lol

What else did you expect from Kojima, the guy who decided to have a boss where the only way to defeat it was by dying and opening up a menu on the Game Over screen to revive yourself?

Man loves trolling his fans.

Spark Of Spirit

The only man in the gaming industry who gets praised for terrible game design decisions.

Not to mention what has happened to the stories in his games. Snake could turn into a baby in this game and someone will write a 15 page essay on how much sense it made.

Foggle

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on March 27, 2013, 05:14:05 PM
The only man in the gaming industry who gets praised for terrible game design decisions.
Don't see how they're terrible. I love the creativity behind his stuff. Maybe MGS just isn't for you.

Anyway, 5 sounds awesome. Glad Phantom Pain is actually part of it. Will definitely play it if it gets a PC release (since it's next gen; I'm not buying a PS4 or 720... and at this point, I don't even know if I want a Wii-U).

Spark Of Spirit

I like MGS1 and disliked the remake and 2.  :??:

But anyway, I'm looking forward to Shovel Knight and hope it can make its kickstarter goal.

talonmalon333

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on March 27, 2013, 05:14:05 PM

Now you're trying to be the focal point of all my hate, aren't you? :imnothappy: