Most Anticipated Video Games

Started by Spark Of Spirit, December 27, 2010, 06:00:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foggle

I'd heard the title of the 3DS game, but I just assumed it was some mobile BS.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Eh, Its probably going to be another decent action/adventure game that every gamer and critic overrates the hell out of just because it has the Batman license and doesn't suck-ass. Unless they completely overhaul the combat system or add in new gameplay mechanics besides just variations on stealth and beat-em-up sections, I probably won't be picking this one up.

Spark Of Spirit

Apparently it's being made by the Ex-Retro guys who worked on the Metroid Prime games at Armature so it might be pretty good. At the very least, hopefully it'll be at Shadow Complex's level.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Speaking of Shadow Complex, I still think that the game should have gotten a sequel. Easily one of Microsoft's biggest missed opportunities. Being that the game was exclusive to XBLA, they could have made a deal with Epic to turn the game into a series, and then they'd have their very own competition to Metroid (and given the quality of Other M, its safe to say that Shadow Complex could be a more than worthy competitor). Unfortunately, Microsoft seems to have no interest in attaining new and interesting exclusives. Apparently they are under the delusion that just churning out a Halo or Gears of War game every other year will be enough to sell consoles for them. If that's their mind-set, that I can't wait to see the next XBOX bomb right in front of their ignorant faces.

Foggle

RacattackForce

Spark Of Spirit

They just announced a new Yoshi's Island game for the 3DS. This and Yarn Yoshi seem to be giving Yoshi quite a bit of focus this year.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Kiddington

:worship:

Nintendo is having their way with my wallet this morning. Now, let's just hope this is the Yoshi that finally returns the series to its roots, as I doubt Yarn Yoshi is going to (I'm not writing that one off yet, though, just saying I'd really like a true successor to Yoshi's Island one of these years).

Daxdiv

From Nintendo Direct this is what I'm looking forward to

Yoshi's Island 3DS
Mario and Luigi's Dream Team release date
Bravery Default
Animal Crossing New Leaf release date
Game and Wario release date.
Pikmin 3 release date.
New Mario Party

Welp wallet, I hope you got your lube ready.

talonmalon333

None of the announcements particularly excite me. However, just about all of them are solid, so it's good enough.

Foggle

Quote from: talonmalon333 on April 17, 2013, 02:44:37 PM
None of the announcements particularly excite me. However, just about all of them are solid, so it's good enough.
Same here, to be honest.

Foggle

So I finally watched the trailer for MGS5 and it looks really cool. I'm happy that it's for current gen consoles (I mistakenly thought it would be PS4/720 exclusive), because that means I will actually be able to play it.

Quote[Kojima] also stated that he would like Metal Gear Solid V to be his final Metal Gear game, noting that unlike previous titles where he had announced that he had finished making games in the series, only to return for subsequent titles, he would like to fulfill his retirement from the series with Metal Gear Solid V.

I really hope this is true. Konami needs to let him move onto other things already.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

The original Yoshi's Island, to me, is the closest that a game has ever come to being perfect, which is to say that other than the fact that its a pretty easy game, I honestly can't discern a single noteworthy flaw that I have with it (even my favorite game of all time, Ninja Gaiden Black, has clear flaws which I'm never a stranger to admitting). In the same vein, I just don't think that I could ever picture a sequel being able to top it, let alone try to match it in overall quality. That said, I still have yet to play Yoshi's Island DS, but based on what I've heard, its merely a good game rather than a truly great one. Now, if this new Yoshi's Island game can manage to be even half as good as the original, I'd honestly consider it a huge success in and of itself, but even that is saying quite a lot, given that the original is my favorite platformer of all time.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Foggle on April 17, 2013, 03:26:06 PM
Quote[Kojima] also stated that he would like Metal Gear Solid V to be his final Metal Gear game, noting that unlike previous titles where he had announced that he had finished making games in the series, only to return for subsequent titles, he would like to fulfill his retirement from the series with Metal Gear Solid V.

I really hope this is true. Konami needs to let him move onto other things already.
Come on, Foggle. He has said this after every single MGS game.

Avaitor

Kojima will retire when Miyazaki does.

And that'll be when they die or stop being profitable. Since the latter will never happen, they'll probably stop when they die.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/