Most Anticipated Video Games

Started by Spark Of Spirit, December 27, 2010, 06:00:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

I hope this is actually the last MGS he works on. Even though I think the series has gotten better with every new entry (haven't played the first one) I'd like to see Kojima work on something else. He's too talented to just be on one franchise.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Rynnec

Yoshi's Island 3DS is looking good. Glad to see that it seems to be ditching the other babies.

Foggle

Shinji Mikami's new game (previously Zwei) is called The Evil Within in the west, and Psychobreak in Japan (which is a much better title IMO). You play as a detective named Sebastian, and it's a real survival horror game, not an action-adventure title like RE4. It runs on id Tech 5 and is coming out for PC, 360, PS3, and next gen consoles next year.

Quote from: http://www.siliconera.com/2013/04/19/the-evil-within-will-be-a-pure-survival-horror-game-about-a-detective/The Evil Within will be a purse survival horror game. Players will have to survive with limited resources and the world is designed to make players feel tense and anxious. Deadly and devious traps are scattered in the game. These can kill Sebastian, but they're also useful because you can use traps against enemies. If that's not unsettling enough, the world actually warps around the player's actions in real time. The Evil Within changes elements like the background, walls, hallways, doors, and rooms. The last bit kind of reminds me of Eternal Darkness and its trippy sanity meter.

Here are some screenshots from it:

Spoiler

[close]

Definitely looks to be the best horror game since Amnesia.

Spark Of Spirit

No Wii-U? Come on, Mikami, you of all people!
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on April 19, 2013, 06:55:25 PM
No Wii-U? Come on, Mikami, you of all people!
"Next gen consoles" probably includes Wii-U. No reason it can't run on that if it's coming out for 360 and PS3, and I assume Bethesda wouldn't want to lose potential sales by not putting it on the U. Also, yeah, Mikami loves Nintendo. ;)

gunswordfist

That looks great. Definitely on my list now.

talonmalon333

How do you think Capcom and RE6 feel after seeing the reveal of The Evil Within?

Foggle

While I am still unhappy about the art style change, these new screens of Fuse (Overstrike) look proper ridiculous and plenty colorful, thus making me excited for the game once again.

Also, Insomniac claims that it features "sophisticated" humor, so that's good I guess.

Spark Of Spirit

I'm still not sure, but I'll keep an open mind on it.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on April 23, 2013, 07:12:27 PM
I'm still not sure, but I'll keep an open mind on it.
I believe it's being made by the team behind the main six R&C games (not the Deadlocked/Resistance or A4O/FFA guys), so it should be high quality and fun, at the very least. They'll be releasing a demo sometime next month, so...!

Foggle

So I watched the Fuse demo from December and it looked extremely bland and boring. Awful brown and gray color palette and very slow gameplay. Looked generic and mediocre in all aspects.

Then I watched the new demo from a couple weeks ago. They added so much color to the game! It's not quite as nice as the original Overstrike version, but it's still a breath of fresh air compared to most shooters these days. Also, it looks like they made the gameplay faster and more fun. Can't believe they improved it so much in only four months time - definitely excited to play it with my friend this summer!

Foggle

This one's for Micki!

From the makers of Hard Reset, it's...

Rise of the Triad AND Shadow Warrior sequels IN 2013!? Preposterous! Unthinkable! Amazing!

gunswordfist

On either the Icon of Sin or Focus youtube page, I heard Shadow Warrior is a Doom-like game and I want to play Hard Reset so color me interested.

Spark Of Spirit

The next three Sonic games are exclusive to Nintendo systems, Yakuza 1 and 2 HD are coming to Wii-U, Super Luigi U is a standalone title for $29.99 or DLC for $19.99, Wonderful 101 is out September 15th, and Smash Bros, 3D Mario, Mario Kart, and Zelda will be shown at E3.

Not a bad Nintendo Direct.

Foggle

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on May 17, 2013, 11:26:36 AM
Yakuza 1 and 2 HD are coming to Wii-U
In America, though?

Also, that's beyond surprising, as I thought Sony had exclusive publishing rights for the Yakuza series.