Most Anticipated Video Games

Started by Spark Of Spirit, December 27, 2010, 06:00:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

Check out that animation!

By the way, it has been confirmed for Steam. So I think almost every AR member can now get it.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Grave

Quote from: Grave on June 01, 2013, 01:24:18 AM
So far there's Metal Gear Solid 5, Watch Dogs, Assassin's Creed 4, and now Batman: Arkham Origins. Despite me not caring for Arkham Asylum at all, and disappointed in Arkham City (still had fun with the game), the latest trailer to Origins won me over. For the most part I was not going to get Origins at all, but then I saw Deathstroke, Deadshot and Black Mask all in the same game, and the rest is history.

I would add Deadpool to the list, but I haven't seen anything to really interest me, and it looks uninspired.

Now that E3 is over, I'm adding Destiny to my list. I'm not a fan of MMO's (If I'm not mistaken, Bungie said that Destiny will have a single player campaign), but The Division looks fairly interesting. I'll keep my eye on it, although it's probably unlikely that I'll get it.

Foggle

Reminder that Killer Is Dead has what might be the greatest art style in all video games, and that pre-orders will get a 25-track OST and 80-page art book for free. (Also MOTHERFUCKING EXCLUSIVE DLC, but that's obviously not a good thing. And it will probably be $5 a month after release anyway.)

Seriously, look at this shit. It's positively dripping with style.

Rosalinas Spare Wand

Put down a preorder for Dragon's Crown 2 days ago. Fight the Matriarchy.

Spark Of Spirit

Aug. 13th - DuckTales Remastered launches on PlayStation Network, Steam, and the Wii U eShop
Sept. 11th - DuckTales: Remastered launches on Xbox Live

Just a month to go, folks!
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

So did Sony, Valve, and Nintendo pay for exclusivity rights or something? :o

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Foggle on July 11, 2013, 09:59:33 PM
So did Sony, Valve, and Nintendo pay for exclusivity rights or something? :o
SoXBLA.

Not only is it now garbage, but it's preventing the games people actually want from coming out.  :lol:

GaryPotter

Pre-ordered Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix.

I can't believe I'm actually looking forward to playing this again. God, I never thought I'd feel this way again.

Come on Konami, make a Suikoden collection.

Foggle

Suda51 is teaming up with the creator of Akira for Grasshopper's next game, Ranko Tsukigime's Longest Day. It's a side-scrolling speed-based action-platformer.

Needless to say, I am already setting money aside for it.

Rynnec

I need to see more gameplay footage to make a complete decision on it, but what I saw looks awesome. :thumbup:

Foggle

The gameplay footage in the trailer (which I forgot to link, btw... D:) looks pretty basic, but it's probably from an alpha version, if that. The concept is cool, and it's colorful as hayull, so I'm willing to give it the benefit of the doubt. Also because I've never been disappointed by Grasshopper. They may not make the best games out there, but they always make ones I want to play (over and over).

Speaking of which, I recently replayed Lollipop Chainsaw. Now there's a game for which I will never understand the chilly reception it got. Sure, it doesn't exactly leave a good first impression since you don't start with any combos, but the boss fights and music are amazing, it's hilarious, and some of the stages are pure awesome.

Rosalinas Spare Wand

Pre-ordered Pikmin 3 as well.

Oh god its happening I'm playing video games again somebody stop me.

Foggle

Quote from: Rosalinas Spare Wand on July 17, 2013, 12:43:04 AM
Pre-ordered Pikmin 3 as well.

Oh god its happening I'm playing video games again somebody stop me.
What's your PSN name btw? Someone named THEVIDYAGAEMS added me, and I think I assumed it was you for some reason.

Spark Of Spirit

How Wonderful? (Ignore the loading, all stage demos have bad loading)

W101 in September, Sonic in October, DKC in November, and Mario in December.

Spark Of Spirit

So there's a new Strider game coming

My only trepidation is that it's being made by Double Helix.

It's a sidescrolling Metroidvania, though. We haven't had too many of those recently.

EDIT: Okay, apparently:

QuoteStrider has two teams, Double Helix and Capcom Japan out of Osaka.

The original Strider and Strider 2 developers are the main designers of Strider. Double Helix is doing the grunt work
So my worries are lifted a bit.