Most Anticipated Video Games

Started by Spark Of Spirit, December 27, 2010, 06:00:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

Oh fuck yeah. Good to see 2D Shinobi with a sword. I was wanting that when I played Shinobi III again two days ago.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Foggle

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Quote from: Desensitized on May 29, 2011, 09:43:19 AM
Quote from: Foggle on May 28, 2011, 04:52:45 PM
This is looking like it'll be all kinds of awesome.
If this bombs then fuck gamers.

Seriously.
I'm glad there are still people like Suda and Mikami making games. And Yamaoka's music has never disappointed.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Foggle on May 29, 2011, 09:53:55 AM
Quote from: Desensitized on May 29, 2011, 09:43:19 AM
Quote from: Foggle on May 28, 2011, 04:52:45 PM
This is looking like it'll be all kinds of awesome.
If this bombs then fuck gamers.

Seriously.
I'm glad there are still people like Suda and Mikami making games. And Yamaoka's music has never disappointed.
I'm just worried since NMH2 and Vanquish did not do very well, and EA is still playing around with Mirror's Edge fans despite that game selling well over a million.

The game should be great, though. With Suda's weird ideas and Mikami's level of polish, this could be the GOTY... And people will pass it by for a movie shooter again.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Spark Of Spirit

Foggle

Don't really know if I should talk about this here, but the beta for Deus Ex 3 is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. Game of the year by far, and it's not even the finished version. It's a throwback to the glory days of PC RPG/FPS games that has tons of improvements which make it seem thoroughly modern. It's extremely accessible without being dumbed-down, the story and voice acting are wonderful, and everything about it is generally brilliant. Basically, it's as fun and memorable as BioShock while being as deep and engrossing as System Shock 2. Blows almost any game made in the past five years out of the water, IMO; true art, unlike Heavy Rain. Can't wait for August. This shit is worth the full retail price.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Not that anybody but me really cares, but I just thought that I would mention that Itagaki confirmed that he won't be showcasing Devil's Third at E3 but instead will have it ready to present at TGS instead, which is only a couple of months later, anyways. I guess that makes sense, though, since they probably don't have the budget right now to fly all of the way to America to display their game at E3, plus he doesn't really need to showcase the game at 2 shows, and since VGS is headquartered in Tokyo, it makes sense to just wait for the TGS to come around to display it instead. Still, I'm looking forward to see how far the game has progressed in development over the past year.

Spark Of Spirit

But isn't he going to be at E3 with Valhalla? I thought that was mentioned somewhere.

Oh well.

Foggle

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on June 02, 2011, 05:51:11 PM
Not that anybody but me really cares
Describes nearly every post in this thread. Only the poster seems to care about the game they mentioned. ;)

But, personally, I'm really excited for Devil's Third. That trailer last year was super cool and the NG games are a good enough pedigree for me to anticipate it without seeing gameplay. Shame it won't be at E3. :(

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Well, its not that I don't care about any of the games that anyone else mentions, but its more that I'm usually just feeling too lazy to post my thoughts about any games unless I'm in the mood to discuss stuff, and when I am there's usually no posts to respond to by that point so I just post something that I'm interested in. :P

But, I am interested in Guardian Heroes thanks to Desensitized's post a while back, and while I've never played a single Deus-Ex game in my life and may not ever get the opportunity to play the upcoming one since I don't own a PC that can play such high-end games, I still think that it looks cool as shit.

As for DT at E3, the only time I remember Itagaki announcing that was last year, and they did show up at E3 back then, but I don't really remember him or anyone saying that they were planning to show up to this year's E3. Still, as long as I can see some real actual gameplay footage (I don't count last year's teaser since all it did was show-case random clips of the game when it was REALLY early in development; as in not even in its beta stage) at some point this year, then I'll be a happy camper.

Foggle

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on June 02, 2011, 06:44:18 PM
I've never played a single Deus-Ex game in my life and may not ever get the opportunity to play the upcoming one since I don't own a PC that can play such high-end games
Actually, Human Revolution will also be on the Xbox 360 (and PS3)! The beta leak was only the PC version, though. Pretty much any computer these days can play the first Deus Ex, though it can take some getting used to, since that one is much more RPG than it is shooter (aiming is sketchy and relies on a skill system and dice rolls). Meanwhile, Invisible War isn't even worth playing.

Spark Of Spirit

Is it a FPS/RPG hybrid still? That was always a big part of its appeal to me.

I always wanted to play the original, but that awful PS2 port put me off for a long time.

Foggle

Quote from: Desensitized on June 02, 2011, 08:34:59 PM
Is it a FPS/RPG hybrid still? That was always a big part of its appeal to me.
Yep. It's a FPS/RPG with heavy stealth elements, just like the original. The only real differences are that in this one the gun-play is a lot tighter (aiming and such is more like an action game than a RPG) and there's a third person cover system (which actually works pretty well -- it never feels like Gears of War). Oh, and the voice acting is actually really good this time. There's still character progression (TONS of different builds are possible, including cool shit like being able to pick up gun turrets and vending machines or shooting large, circular sprays of bullets out of your torso), many different ways to complete each objective (including conversational options), rewarding exploration, and side-quests aplenty (none of which seem tacked on; no lame fetch quests here!).

It doesn't get off to the best start, though. The prologue pretty much amounts to a ten minute unskippable cutscene followed by a five minute corridor shooter level. It doesn't really bother me because it's so short, and because I was too busy creaming myself to all the little references to the original it contained to care. It helps that the game becomes amazing directly afterward.

Foggle

Duke Nukem Forever demo: Very short, but very fucking awesome. Level design is reminiscent of the best levels from Half-Life 2 and Halo 1. Tons of fun!