Most Anticipated Video Games

Started by Spark Of Spirit, December 27, 2010, 06:00:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

It's a niche game from a niche company. If you have access to XBL, you should give it a go.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Definitely going to try El Shaddai soon. Looks fucking slick.

First five minutes of single-player gameplay from F.E.A.R. 3. Looks excellent, IMO, nice mixture of styles from both earlier games. First person cover system is surprisingly cool, as well.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Desensitized on June 17, 2011, 06:45:26 PM
It's a niche game from a niche company. If you have access to XBL, you should give it a go.
I remembered I saw it there and put it on my download queue
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I like that the AI still look pretty intelligent, shouting coordinated commands to one another and actually using cover properly. I like how they actually take the care to duck their heads down to completely conceal themselves when you start firing their way, whereas other games just make them blatantly show some vital part of their body for the player to get an easy kill in.

The game doesn't really look scary, but that doesn't bother me in the least since the first 2 F.E.A.R. games didn't scare me to begin with, so its not really a downgrade of any sort for me. I do like the atmosphere, though. It has the more well-defined textures and overall varied style of the 2nd game's environments while retaining the brilliant use of mood lighting from the 1st game, IMO.

The only negatives that I can think of from what I've seen so far is that the animations look a little stiff (I actually feel that the 2nd game had more well-crafted and varied animations on the whole), and I also prefer the health-pack system in this particular game to the regenerating health (which kind of goes against the whole survival-horror vibe, IMO), but its so common in FPS games these days that I've pretty much just learned to deal with it so its not really a big deal. Overall, those just strike me as minor little disappointments, but they hardly detract from how much fun this game looks. Unfortunately I won't be playing it on day 1, or even be getting it anytime soon as I just can't afford to pay for games at full-price anymore. I'll likely be getting it for Christmas, though, when I'm sure that it'll no doubt have come down in price by that point in time.

Foggle

F.E.A.R. 3 is confirmed to have grenades that explode on contact like in the first game. Fuck yes!!

Spark Of Spirit

Shadows Of The Damned is getting really good reviews.

Can't wait for Destructoid to fuck that up!
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Quote from: Desensitized on June 21, 2011, 02:51:25 PM
Shadows Of The Damned is getting really good reviews.

Can't wait for Destructoid to fuck that up!
They liked it. Jim Sterling, no less.

gunswordfist

It's already out? Why do I think every game is coming out next year?

Spark Of Spirit

I'm anticipating this... getting pulled from XBLA/PSN.

That game was such a disappointment. At least it seems like Ubisoft no longer has the license!  :awesome:

gunswordfist

Quote from: Desensitized on June 30, 2011, 09:05:04 PM
I'm anticipating this... getting pulled from XBLA/PSN.

That game was such a disappointment. At least it seems like Ubisoft no longer has the license!  :awesome:
Sega, time to do me proud

ToonFaithful

Will October hurry up?! I need to get my hands on a copy of Batman: Arkham City.

Kiddington

Kirby Wii. For obvious reasons that need no explanation on my behalf.

Well, OK... I've got one; the game looks fucking great. That's reason enough for me.   :swoon:

Foggle

I really liked BioShock, but after the initial shock-and-awe, it didn't really fill me with as much excitement as I'd hoped pre-release.

BUT AFTER SEEING THE BIOSHOCK INFINITE E3 DEMO I FEEL LIKE I AM GOING TO CUM! WATCH THIS SHIT RIGHT NOW GO GO GO STOP READING MY POST AND DO IT HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK THE ROLLER COASTER RAILS ARE THE BEST THING IN ANY GAME BOOKER'S VOICE IS AMAZING THE TEARS ARE SO COOL GOOD GOD I WANT IT NOW

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

GOTY 2012! :thumbup:

Also, this looks a million times better than Uncharted 3. Both in terms of its atmosphere and cinematic scripted events as well as its actual gameplay (since, you know, it is actually a video game, believe it or not; Uncharted seems to often forget that and think its a real movie or something).

The first BioShock was great in terms of atmosphere but kind of lacking in the gameplay department. The 2nd game improved the gameplay quite a bit but it pretty much recycled the style of the environments from the first game, so the atmosphere completely lost its effect. The new game looks to freshen things up with a brand new atmosphere that works just as well as Rapture did in the first game with the tighter gameplay mechanics of the 2nd game. This should easily be the best game in the series by far.

Foggle

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on July 08, 2011, 02:40:07 PM
GOTY 2012! :thumbup:
It's over, Mass Effect 3 is finished.

If Infinite was coming out this year, it'd be insane trying to decide between it and Deus Ex for GOTY. Holy crap.

QuoteAlso, this looks a million times better than Uncharted 3. Both in terms of its atmosphere and cinematic scripted events as well as its actual gameplay (since, you know, it is actually a video game, believe it or not; Uncharted seems to often forget that and think its a real movie or something).
Yeah, agree with you there. While the first part is heavily scripted, it's scripted like a Half-Life game, which really adds to the atmosphere and story. Once the gameplay gets going, it's just breathtaking. Those roller coaster rails, dude. This is exactly the kind of game I've wanted since I was 7 years old.

Also, the Vox Populi seems like a really interesting enemy faction, and Columbia is a fucking spectacle to look at. Totally awesome atmosphere.

QuoteThe first BioShock was great in terms of atmosphere but kind of lacking in the gameplay department. The 2nd game improved the gameplay quite a bit but it pretty much recycled the style of the environments from the first game, so the atmosphere completely lost its effect. The new game looks to freshen things up with a brand new atmosphere that works just as well as Rapture did in the first game with the tighter gameplay mechanics of the 2nd game. This should easily be the best game in the series by far.
Yeah, the first game had unparalleled atmosphere (like all of Ken Levine's games).

Infinite went from "eh, maybe I'll check it out eventually" to "day 1 purchase" after seeing this demo. So pumped.