Most Anticipated Video Games

Started by Spark Of Spirit, December 27, 2010, 06:00:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

gunswordfist

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Spark Of Spirit

I wonder if we'll actually get this one. Hopefully they iron out the bugs this time.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on April 22, 2014, 11:47:08 AM
I wonder if we'll actually get this one. Hopefully they iron out the bugs this time.
I think Nintendo's excuse about "too many bugs" was BS, personally. I played a lot of Fatal Frame 4 and only ever encountered two minor glitches. 3 was far, far worse in that regard (I ran into a game-breaking glitch twice) and it still got localized. Considering that the remake of 2 was also not brought to America, I just think NOA doesn't really care about the franchise.

Then again, they localized fucking Spirit Camera of all things, so who knows. I really hope this one comes out here. Fatal Frame is easily the greatest horror series of all time IMO.

Spark Of Spirit

Well, since Rainfall (and low sales) came along, they no longer have option of being picky. I don't see them leaving this behind this time. Also, using the Gamepad as a camera does offer something that might hook people.

I still wish we could have gotten Disaster. NOA is really awful.

gunswordfist

gunswordfist

talonmalon333

I just want to mention some PC ports that I want to happen.

- Metal Gear 1, MG2, MGS, MGS2, MGS3, and MGS4 (Really, when is this finally going to happen?)

- Resident Evil: Director's Cut (with a menu allowing you to choose which soundtrack you want), RE2, RE3, RECV, REmake, RE0

- Silent Hill, Silent Hill 2, Silent Hill 3

Foggle

Quote from: talonmalon333 on May 11, 2014, 12:22:37 AM
MGS, MGS2

Resident Evil: Director's Cut, RE2, RE3

Silent Hill 2, Silent Hill 3
These have already been ported to PC with varying degrees of success. The MGS ports are decent, the Resident Evil ports are absolutely abysmal, and the Silent Hill ports are by far the best versions of their respective games.

There's also an unofficial PC port of Silent Hill 1, though it's basically just a gussied up emulation of the PS1 version.

talonmalon333

Quote from: Foggle on May 11, 2014, 02:00:59 PM
These have already been ported to PC with varying degrees of success.

Are any of them on Steam?

Quote from: Foggle on May 11, 2014, 02:00:59 PMThe MGS ports are decent,

Might look into that. Either way, it'd be nice to get the other games on PC, too. They should just port Metal Gear Solid: The Legacy Collection onto PC. I'm pretty sure that covers everything.

Quote from: Foggle on May 11, 2014, 02:00:59 PMthe Resident Evil ports are absolutely abysmal,

What's wrong with them?

Quote from: Foggle on May 11, 2014, 02:00:59 PMand the Silent Hill ports are by far the best versions of their respective games.

As long as they don't remove the fog, like the PS3 and 360 versions did, that sounds good to me.

Quote from: Foggle on May 11, 2014, 02:00:59 PMThere's also an unofficial PC port of Silent Hill 1, though it's basically just a gussied up emulation of the PS1 version.

Who made it?

gunswordfist

This reminds me, I didn't know/forgot there was a N64 port of Resident Evil 2. How good is it?

talonmalon333

Quote from: gunswordfist on May 11, 2014, 02:17:44 PM
This reminds me, I didn't know/forgot there was a N64 port of Resident Evil 2. How good is it?

It's respectable. I mean, the fact that they took the content of two PlayStation disks and crammed them into a single cartridge blows me away. But they did have to cut corners. The game has its flaws, mainly that the CGI cutscenes look bad and have messed up audio. They did the best they could have done with the port (I honestly don't know how they even pulled it off), but I'd recommend any other version of the game over it.

However, it does have new files, some of which allude to RE3, Code Veronica, and even RE0 which didn't even come out yet by the time this port was released. If Capcom does what I ask and ports this game to PC, they should include those files as well. I want those ports I talked about to essentially contain the best parts of every versions of those games.

gunswordfist

Wait, they had CGI scenes on N64? How the hell did they do that?

Foggle

Quote from: talonmalon333 on May 11, 2014, 02:07:49 PM
Are any of them on Steam?
No.

QuoteWhat's wrong with them?
Assuming you can even get them running - which is a feat in and of itself - they have control issues, graphical glitches, crash a bunch, lack controller support, and have problems running in fullscreen.

QuoteAs long as they don't remove the fog, like the PS3 and 360 versions did, that sounds good to me.
Not only do they not remove the fog, the graphics themselves actually look better than the ones in the HD collection.

Who made it?
"SilentScape Studios." They're not a real company, just a group of fans who ported the game.