Most Anticipated Video Games

Started by Spark Of Spirit, December 27, 2010, 06:00:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

As much as I hope that the game does well, it'll probably bomb. Part of this is because a lot of gamers just flat-out refuse to buy a Wii-U, and this game doesnt seem like it will appeal to the usual Nintendo crowd. That sad, hopefully Nintendo will work with Valhalla Game Studios on future projects, whether this game sees any success or not.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Foggle on June 19, 2014, 11:58:43 PM
30 minutes of gameplay footage from Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_l5iBjGvt9w

I can honestly say, without exaggeration, that this looks like it might be the greatest game of all time (for me, at least). If the whole product lives up to what's shown and discussed in this video, I will worship the ground Kojima stands on.
I FINALLY got around to watching this. It looks like an openworld stealth dream. I loved the improved box mechanics, Mother Base and the fulton. :D
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

Who else is picking this up this week? If that trailer doesn't hype you up I don't know what will.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on June 24, 2014, 01:08:06 PM
As much as I hope that the game does well, it'll probably bomb. Part of this is because a lot of gamers just flat-out refuse to buy a Wii-U, and this game doesnt seem like it will appeal to the usual Nintendo crowd. That sad, hopefully Nintendo will work with Valhalla Game Studios on future projects, whether this game sees any success or not.
Nintendo doesn't seem to be expecting big sales from these projects, I think they're just for brand and fanbase building than anything else. That's why they seem to be bending over backwards to please Platinum with Bayonetta 2 (putting in the original game and whatnot) despite Wonderful 101 not doing all that well and Bayonetta 2 almost certainly not being a hit.

Regardless of how well Devil's Third does, I see Nintendo working with Itagaki on a new project regardless.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Yeah, Nintendo seems like good publishing partners to have. I at least feel that they'd be less likely to interfere with a developers vision of a game than any of the big third party publishers like EA or Ubisoft, among others.

gunswordfist

I saw in a search that it was already mentioned in the Avatar thread that Korra's getting a game from Platinum Games so I don't have to announce how fucking excited I am here. Now if only we can get Itagaki to do a Rurouni Kenshin game.

gunswordfist

Spark Of Spirit

PLEASEBETRUE

It's such a crime that they never made a sequel to it.

Rosalinas Spare Wand

Quote2) 2010′s Donkey Kong Country Returns would sell over 6 million units worldwide.  The game sold more than any Zelda or Metroid game for Wii.

Ahahahaha get fucked Zelda and Metroid fans.

I don't know if people are willing to give a new Diddy Kong Racing a chance, but I trust Monster a hell of a lot more than I trust modern Rare. Plus, all those obscure characters taking up the spots that were once for Rareware characters sounds like a fine idea.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Rosalinas Spare Wand on July 10, 2014, 10:10:11 PMI don't know if people are willing to give a new Diddy Kong Racing a chance, but I trust Monster a hell of a lot more than I trust modern Rare. Plus, all those obscure characters taking up the spots that were once for Rareware characters sounds like a fine idea.
It's a shame few people actually played Excitebots. That game had excellent course design, creative extra modes, and a lot of character to it. With Retro's muscle and art design, and David Wise behind the soundtrack (this would almost be a certainty after the acclaim of Tropical Freeze's soundtrack), this could really be something great.

If it happens, anyway. I've wanted a new Diddy Kong Racing since the N64 went out, and I don't think there's anybody more suited to do it than Monster, so this would be great for me.

Rosalinas Spare Wand

Excitebots was pretty much buried before it had a real chance. I remember it was just announced in a press release near the bottom, and then it came out in the middle of spring with zero promotion and it was already low priced so I imagine people thought it was shovelware and passed on it.

Spark Of Spirit

Not to mention it never came out in Europe. The game really did deserve better, it addressed pretty much all the issues with ExciteTruck and was by far the better game of the two.

Here's hoping if this is true, then Monster can get a real chance to show what they can do.

Rynnec

Was Diddy Kong Racing DS not that good or something? ???

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Rynnec on July 11, 2014, 01:42:34 AM
Was Diddy Kong Racing DS not that good or something? ???
I never got around to it, but supposedly it was a weak port.

Foggle