Most Anticipated Video Games

Started by Spark Of Spirit, December 27, 2010, 06:00:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

Wii U needs games. It'll come.

I do wish they could release the Wii games as e-shop releases or something. Same with Disaster and Trace Memory. NOA did bad last gen in localizations.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on July 17, 2014, 01:11:45 AM

I do wish they could release the Wii games as e-shop releases or something. Same with Disaster and Trace Memory. NOA did bad last gen in localizations.
I sure hope so!

I could take or leave the FF2 remake since it doesn't really seem to improve much on the PS2/Xbox version, but a wider audience definitely deserves to experience FF4. Grasshopper did a fantastic job on that game. Excellent slice of pants-shitting terror.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Foggle on July 17, 2014, 01:15:30 AM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on July 17, 2014, 01:11:45 AM

I sure hope so!

I could take or leave the FF2 remake since it doesn't really seem to improve much on the PS2/Xbox version, but a wider audience definitely deserves to experience FF4. Grasshopper did a fantastic job on that game. Excellent slice of pants-shitting terror.
I just noticed that Bill Trinen retweeted the announcement. I think that's a pretty good sign for it.

Not to mention, they could just make it eshop exclusive if it came down to it.

I'm pretty sure it'll come out here one way or the other.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Rynnec

The upcoming DOOM game sounds really good. Almost like Brutal Doom even. This could very well be the game that motivates me to save up for a more powerful PC.

Please have an actual soundtrack this time.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Sounds like a mix between the classic DOOM games with the atmospheric elements of DOOM 64 and DOOM 3 thrown in. At any rate, I have faith in this to be a good game. I haven't played a DOOM game that I didn't like (granted that I've never actually beaten a single DOOM game, either :sweat:). I need to start getting back into the series.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Rynnec on July 18, 2014, 07:32:52 PM
The upcoming DOOM game sounds really good. Almost like Brutal Doom even. This could very well be the game that motivates me to save up for a more powerful PC.

Please have an actual soundtrack this time.
Yeah, I was surprised that they said fatalities would be in the game. Also, a Doom game not only with jumping but double jumping. :swoon: I hope the level design is like classic Doom meets metroidvanias. That would be perfection.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

DOOM as a FPS Metroid-style game would make a lot of sense.

I hope that's what they do.

gunswordfist

Yeah, it seems like a natural evolution for the series. Altitude was the only thing really missing from the series' exploration.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

You see this? This is pretty much GOTY confirmed. The rest of you can have fun with Hyrule Warriors, but whenever I finally get around to owning a Wii-U, I'm buying this game first.

Rynnec

And I'll be having fun with both, so the jokes on all y'all. :humhumhum:

The guy playing the game kinda sucked though.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Rynnec on July 27, 2014, 08:17:37 PMThe guy playing the game kinda sucked though.

That's pretty common with these types of hack n' slash games. They usually higher people who are good speakers for the sake of better advertising their game. That said, you can tell that the people playing haven't actually had much time to practice with the game, even if they are given a lot of information on it to divulge to journalists.

Spark Of Spirit

I would personally suggest buying Wonderful 101 and Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze first. Just because they are the best games of the last two years.

gunswordfist

you spelled blood dragon wrong.

Spark Of Spirit

gunswordfist