Started by Spark Of Spirit, December 27, 2010, 06:00:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

Rodea will include the Wii version in the Wii U English version

Quote- available via first-print copies of Rodea the Sky Soldier for Wii U
- this applies to North America and Europe
- includes the Wii version of the game
- exclusive to the retail version of the game
In other words, get out there and get a preorder now.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Quote from: Peanutbutter on February 27, 2015, 09:30:11 PM
I just now learned from AlphaOmegaSin that thanks to Square Enix's Collective, Gex and Fear Effect could both get a comeback.  :shakeshakeshake:

Never played Gex, but I LOVE Fear Effect. I hope this becomes reality.
I've never played more than the Gex demo between the two of them. I'd love to see both get sequels/reboots to see what the buzz is and to get at least one new 3d platformer for all consoles.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Foggle

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on March 04, 2015, 01:01:18 PM
Rodea will include the Wii version in the Wii U English version

Quote- available via first-print copies of Rodea the Sky Soldier for Wii U
- this applies to North America and Europe
- includes the Wii version of the game
- exclusive to the retail version of the game
In other words, get out there and get a preorder now.
P
R
E
-
O
R
D
E
R
E
D

Foggle

Well, uh, I would pre-order, but it doesn't seem to be available from either Amazon or GameStop yet. Is it exclusive to a certain store...?

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Foggle on March 04, 2015, 02:27:56 PM
Well, uh, I would pre-order, but it doesn't seem to be available from either Amazon or GameStop yet. Is it exclusive to a certain store...?
It's on amazon.ca. I know, because I just preordered it.

It must have been taken down because of an error. I guess it'll be put back up eventually.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

So I only just now heard about Rebel Galaxy and man oh man does it sound awesome.

"We wanted to build a swashbuckling space game, one filled with weird aliens, backwater bartenders, lawless pirates, and epic space battles. A game with a galaxy to explore, characters to befriend or enrage, and the random element that's been in so many of the games we've worked on.

Rebel Galaxy isn't set in a shiny, modern future — it's a greasy, rusty place on the edge of the known universe, where the ships are barely holding it together, and the people are, too. It's a sandbox galaxy where you play the character you want. Are you a devious mercenary, collecting bounties? A crafty trader who hires protection wherever she goes? A pirate, preying on convoys? A roguish do-gooder? Maybe a little of each? You'll fight, trade, negotiate, escape, explore, scavenge, mine, ingratiate, and intimidate.

We've played lots of space-flight games, and they almost invariably involve chasing a reticle, sliding in behind another fighter and blowing them to bits, or making a hectic bombing run on a destroyer.

With Rebel Galaxy we're flipping that around — YOU fly the big, weapon-bristling ships here, with huge quantities of firepower, turrets, volleys of rockets, and massive broadside blasts. It's closer to naval combat, if naval combat had lasers, space fighters, shields, and warp-drives and was about ten times faster.

Erich and I have spent a lot of time working on action-RPGs. We worked together on Torchlight and Torchlight 2, and before that Erich co-created Diablo and Diablo II. The funny thing is, in many ways Rebel Galaxy has more actual role-playing in it. The things you say, and the choices you make, have an actual effect on how other people (or aliens... or robots...) interact with you.

A faction system underpins our conversation system. You can hail a merchant and demand he drop his cargo, but the merchant's faction will remember it. Maybe they'll send bounty hunters to track you down. Assist the militia, and they might agree to lend a hand with a combat run you're undertaking. If you beg, that pirate might only take half your cargo!

We have a phonetic matching system, so the conversations are lipsynched, and the characters are expressive. This has been a lot of fun to do, and adds a lot of character to the game.

Backing this up we've got a cool blues and rock soundtrack. It sounds weird, but trust us, it works. Hearing that slide guitar kick in while you warp through a nebula is pretty great."

I NEED IT

RIGHT

NOW

Foggle

talonmalon333

I remember that I was recently talking about the PSP (mainly with Final Fantasy). For the longest time, I have chosen to avoid the PSP, feeling it wasn't worth purchasing. However, it just hit me. Over those years, there have been quite a few times where a PSP game came out that looks appealing, and I'd react to it with "Hey, I'd like to get that game! Too bad I'm not buying a PSP, though". The number of games that has happened with isn't particularly big, but it's noticeable enough to make me think that maybe, just maybe, I should finally get a PSP to play those games. Especially now that it's no longer expensive.

So now, I'm interested in some further justification for getting a PSP. What are some games that you guys would consider to be reason to own that system?

Foggle

Persona 2: Innocent Sin
Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops
Kenka Bancho: Badass Rumble
Daxter
Crisis Core: Final Fantasy 7
Ys 7
Metal Slug XX (if you don't have a 360)
Valkyria Chronicles 2 (and 3 if you're willing to import, there's an English patch)

gunswordfist

Doom 4
Hover
MGS IV The Phantom Pain
Odallus
The Iconoclasts
River City Ransom Underground
Hong Kong Massacre
Ubusuna
Hitman
Street Fighter V
Mortal Kombat X
That's all of the anticipated games I can think of.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

I would consider skipping it and just going for a cheap Vita at this point. PSP games are increasingly more difficult to find in the wild and all the best ones are on PSN, anyway.

As for games, the Ys games would be the priority series to get. Specifically Oath in Felghana, and Seven. Persona 3 Portable, both Persona 2 games, Valkyria Chronicles 2, Gradius Collection, Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles, Hammerin' Hero, Mega Man Maverick Hunter X, Mega Man Powered Up!, Metal Slug XX, The Red Star, Ultimate Ghosts 'n Goblins, as well as the PS1 classics and PSN exclusive games make the PSP a pretty good little system.

Foggle

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on March 12, 2015, 09:55:44 PM
I would consider skipping it and just going for a cheap Vita at this point.
I've never known you to make troll posts before.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Foggle on March 12, 2015, 09:57:43 PM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on March 12, 2015, 09:55:44 PM
I would consider skipping it and just going for a cheap Vita at this point.
I've never known you to make troll posts before.
Eh, finding UMD games is a hassle in itself. If I had the option and didn't already have one I'd just get a cheap Vita.

Emphasis on cheap.

talonmalon333

Does the Vita have enough games to pay double the price of a PSP? Or better yet, does it have games period? :P

Foggle

I'm sure you'll get plenty of mileage out of classics like Criminal Girls: Invite Only and Monster Monpiece.