Most Anticipated Video Games

Started by Spark Of Spirit, December 27, 2010, 06:00:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foggle

I hope there's a way to make simple cutscenes. Like those 5-10 second moments from each Mario game. Could have a lot of fun with that!

talonmalon333

Will we be able to play through these levels after we make them?

Spark Of Spirit

Yep. It's like making a full on custom Mario game.

And since there's online sharing, there could be a lot of great stuff. Mega Man Powered Up had a lot of great levels at its peak, and this is far more in depth than that was.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

What the hell, NoA? Is this shit serious?

First Zero Mission, now this. I swear, if I have to wait six months after the EU release for Fatal Frame, I will... uh... do nothing. But I'll be really sad.

Spark Of Spirit

I heard about that. It makes no sense at all. If the game is done and ready, what's the point of holding it back? It's not like Yoshi would sell any better in Fall as opposed to Summer.

I had it preordered after last year's E3 for the deal Canadian amazon had and now I won't get the game until after E3 this year. Sigh.

But I wonder if this means NOA will be releasing another game this Summer instead in its place. Obvious choice would be Devil's Third. That screams Summer.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

I will forgive them if it's either Devil's Third or Fatal Frame. Though I assume they'll be holding the latter back for a Halloween release.

The delay makes no sense. At first I figured they were trying to keep it from getting overshadowed by Batman in terms of sales... but then I remembered that Metal Gear comes out in September. Bizarre.

Rynnec

Tsukento on twitter speculated that it's to not overshadow Splatoonm, which comes out in May iirc. NoA must figure that a lot of kids would want to play that over summer.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Rynnec on April 02, 2015, 10:05:25 PM
Tsukento on twitter speculated that it's to not overshadow Splatoonm, which comes out in May iirc. NoA must figure that a lot of kids would want to play that over summer.
That's a really good theory. Nintendo seems determined to make Splatoon a big hit and giving it a good chunk of Summer makes sense.

Still, Devil's Third for the adults would be a good counterpoint for that release.

Foggle

August would have been a better choice then IMO, since September is also when Mario Maker and Rodea release. Nintendo's going to be doing a lot of competing with themselves that month.

Spark Of Spirit

Star Fox isn't far off from that either since it's not going to be their big holiday game.

Man, now I really wanna know what they're gonna show at E3. There's a lot of confusion going around.

Foggle

If they had staggered their releases better, there could have potentially been one amazing Wii U exclusive every month this year. That would've been amazing.

I hope at E3 they announce a new 2D Metroid for U as their big holiday game, personally.

Spark Of Spirit

Well, EAD has to be making something since they're the only team that we don't really know what they're doing. Retro released their last game last year, so it surely isn't them, and we already know what Intelligent Systems and the Zelda team are doing. Hal just made the recent Canvas game. Good Feel has Yoshi and I believe Splatoon is one of the EAD teams (1 or 2, I don't know) and NST just made a MvDK game.

I'm going to throw in a screwball pick and say surprise 3D Mario game.

Foggle

Galaxy 3 or whatever the Wii U's iteration of that style of 3D game will be is certainly possible, but we just had two 3D Marios in a row, so I'm not sure they'll go for one again so soon.

Slightly off-topic, but I hope Retro announces a 3D DKC game at E3 named Donkey Kong Prime. The tears would be so delicious.

Spark Of Spirit

:lol:

I just looked it up on Wiki.

EAD1: Last did Mario Kart 8 which came out last year and which they had co-developers with Retro. Since DLC doesn't take long, who knows what they're up to now
EAD2: Splatoon
EAD3: The Legend of Zelda Wii U
EAD4: Mario Maker
EAD5: Star Fox

Toyko Studios

EAD1: Majora's Mask 3D co-developed with Grezzo
EAD2: Untitled Super Mario game which started development last year

So they almost certainly have something up their sleeve.

Foggle