Most Anticipated Video Games

Started by Spark Of Spirit, December 27, 2010, 06:00:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

There are a couple worth grabbing other than the ones Foggle listed.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution — Director's Cut
Lego City Undercover
Rayman Legends
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
Sonic Lost World
Tekken Tag Tournament 2: Wii U Edition

They're not all exclusive but console-wise they are considered the best versions.

Now, as for e-shop games, that's a MUCH longer list. You can find all kinds of good games on the e-shop both third party and first whether virtual console or new games.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Definitely get Deus Ex HR on the Wii U unless you can somehow find a way to buy the non-Director's Cut version on PC with both mission packs, which is sadly still the best version of the game.

Sonic Racing Transformed is my favorite racing game of all time. I actually like it way more than MK8.

Tekken Tag 2 is equally good on all systems, so if you really want to play it, might as well just go ahead and grab the PS3 version.

talonmalon333

Foggle

Decently. Bloodborne and PT are fantastic, but there aren't any other particularly great exclusives yet. Already a nice selection of good games if you don't own an Xbone or top of the line PC, though.

talonmalon333

Quote from: Foggle on April 23, 2015, 07:09:30 PM
Decently. Bloodborne and PT are fantastic, but there aren't any other particularly great exclusives yet. Already a nice selection of good games if you don't own an Xbone or top of the line PC, though.

Isn't PT just a demo, though? A demo for a game that has since lost its director?

Foggle

Yes. But it's still one of the better horror games out there right now.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

It's the scariest hour of gameplay that I've ever experienced, personally.

Spark Of Spirit

A hands-on discussion of Woolly World.

Hint: These guys aren't fans of Yoshi Story of New Island. But they really seem to dig this one.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Nel_Annette

Coincidentally enough, I just subscribed to their channel a week or two ago.

Spark Of Spirit

Gamexplain is a good group. Enthusiastic without being fanboy-ish and their discussions are always fun with good information.

Nel_Annette

Yeah, their calm attitudes and being able to analyze and nerd-out about things without getting obnoxious about it drew me in. I actually got introduced to them by a co-op playthrough of Four Swords Adventures one of them is doing with SomeCallMeJohnny.

Spark Of Spirit

Characters announced for Project X-Zone 2:

QuoteThe following characters are new to Project X Zone:
Phoenix Wright (Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney)
Maya Fey (Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney)
Axel Stone (voiced by Tomokazu Sugita) (Bare Knuckle)

Aty (Summon Night 3)
Nana Kazuki (God Eater 2)
Ciel Alencon (God Eater 2)

The following characters are veterans to Project X Zone:
Ryu (Street Fighter)
Ken (Street Fighter)
Gemini Sunrise (Sakura Wars)
Sakura Shinguji (Sakura Wars)
:huh:

Foggle

So journalists are able to play Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain right now at a press event. Some amazing details have been revealed about it:

QuoteThe game is around 150+ hours long WITHOUT doing any of the optional stuff/side quests/objectives.

Missions can take anywhere from 20 minutes to 6 hours to complete.

There will be many missions each consisting of its own title and credits screen.

QuoteAfghanistan, in the game, is far larger than ground zeroes. [There are multiple locations like this one in MGS5.]

Once I think I'm growing tired of the desert environment, I discover a new locale, tucked away, that brightens things up.

The day/night cycle is great, and plays a big part of strategizing.

The mission to find the weapon takes you through massive military installations tucked away in the desert. The scale of them is daunting.

In this mission, Episode 6 ("Where do the bees sleep?"), I'm 4% into the game, at about 7 hours of gameplay,, give or take.

Looks like that 7 year development cycle was worth it...

talonmalon333

Prepare to shut yourself away from the world for three months when this game comes out. :awesome:

gunswordfist

Ken Masters and Axel Stone in the same game? :huh:

150+ hour massive MGS game? Thank you, Based Kojima! You are forgiven for Ground Zeroes short length.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody