Most Anticipated Video Games

Started by Spark Of Spirit, December 27, 2010, 06:00:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

talonmalon333

Wasn't Ground Zeroes supposedly just barely hour in length? What was the point in releasing that if it only amounts to like .1% of the whole game?

gunswordfist

To give PS4 an early killer app, I believe.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Foggle

From what I can tell, Ground Zeroes was supposed to be the first half of The Phantom Pain's prologue. It's basically a $40 demo/prequel DLC. Thankfully, by the time TPP comes out, it should be around 10 bucks, and I think this game will easily be worth $70...

QuoteAt certain points the environments and level design are straight up photorealistic, music and sound as always are on point

"Clouds approaching" from the idroid as you move up toward your objective... [You can Fulton yourself to fly high into the air, from what I hear.]

Also dropped a crate on my horse and myself, which deserves its own trophy

QuoteFor now, I'll say this: If MGS4 Act 1 and Peace Walker had a baby, it would be MGS5. Huge spaces to explore. Lots of resources to develop.

QuoteI'm on mission 8 right now, and I need to find a colonel and his accompanying tank squad. But to do that, I need to find some intel

Spark Of Spirit

Should be a good swansong for the series.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Quote from: Foggle on May 12, 2015, 03:19:02 PM

QuoteFor now, I'll say this: If MGS4 Act 1 and Peace Walker had a baby, it would be MGS5. Huge spaces to explore. Lots of resources to develop.

:swoon: :swoon: :swoon: The best part of the game and why it's my favorite game of all time. I love stealth gameplay so much.

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Foggle

Quote from: gunswordfist on May 12, 2015, 03:24:17 PM
:swoon: :swoon: :swoon: The best part of the game and why it's my favorite game of all time. I love stealth gameplay so much.
I honestly think this is going to be my favorite game ever when it comes out. 150 hours of polished stealth gameplay in a humongous open world with base building and no hand-holding? Including Kojima humor and production values? Yes. Please.

gunswordfist

There's a good chance that'll be mine. It'll probably be the first stealth game I'll ever replay too. I can't wait to fulton MFers.  :)

Foggle

I hope there are cheat codes so that on my second playthrough I can Fulton literally everything. :il_hahaha:

gunswordfist

I wouldn't mind fultoning buildings.  :il_hahaha:

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

150+ hours without any padding or repetitive gameplay and of consistent quality? I'm a bit skeptical about that.

Spark Of Spirit

110 hours of fetch quests and races!  :sly:

gunswordfist

You were skeptical when they said open world. :bleh:

Foggle

Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on May 12, 2015, 08:49:05 PM
150+ hours without any padding or repetitive gameplay and of consistent quality? I'm a bit skeptical about that.
There are people who've played it for 15+ hours and confirmed that none of it felt inconsistent in terms of quality. And when you consider how this game was probably made, I honestly think it's quite possible that the whole thing is excellent.

It's been developed over a period of 7 years, possibly more. This isn't a Duke Nukem Forever or Final Fantasy 15 situation; it has actually been in constant development since around the release of MGS4. Also, according to the people currently playing it, each chapter is over 10 hours long and has its own ending credits. Since Kojima Productions has been progressively expanding over the years, this leads me to believe that they had a bunch of different factions within the company working on different parts of the game. Essentially, I would assume they have 5+ mini-studios working simultaneously on multiple "separate" Metal Gear Solid 5s that get strung together by a conjoining narrative to form a cohesive whole in the end. The Fox Engine is supposedly one of the easiest to use in the industry, so I don't think that's particularly farfetched at all.

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on May 12, 2015, 08:53:36 PM
110 hours of fetch quests and races!  :sly:
No one has touched the side quests yet, so maybe that's where all the fly-through-rings racing missions are. :zonk: