Most Anticipated Video Games

Started by Spark Of Spirit, December 27, 2010, 06:00:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Let's hope so. Nintendo hasn't showcased anything or even released any new info since E3 last year. To be fair, there were other games coming out sooner to promote, but now they don't really have an excuse to not at least give it an official release date by E3.

Foggle

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on May 26, 2015, 07:45:29 PM
I'm expecting a big push for this at E3. Since it's basically done and all.
I don't expect them to push this game much, unfortunately. Same with Fatal Frame. I'd love to be proven wrong, though.

Spark Of Spirit

Well since Splatoon will be out by then, they can have this game's multiplayer to showcase at E3. It would give it a lot of attention.

In other news, Bloodstained, Iga's new game will be getting a Wii U port after all once it hits 3 mil. Which it will hit any day now. Great news.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

talonmalon333

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on May 26, 2015, 09:58:11 PM

In other news, Bloodstained, Iga's new game will be getting a Wii U port after all once it hits 3 mil. Which it will hit any day now. Great news.

Will it be technologically equal to the other versions?

Spark Of Spirit

It's a 2.5D platformer. I don't really think there's much to miss other than some atmospheric effects, everything else should be easy to handle. To be honest, the engine they're using is a bit overkill for the game they're making in the first place.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

talonmalon333

I imagine you can really pull off some really cool effects on 2D backgrounds the better the tech gets.

Spark Of Spirit

You probably could, but it doesn't really have much to do with the gameplay.

It's not like the final game will be that impressive to me anyway. 2D games already look like Wario Land: Shake It, A Boy & His Blob, Batman: The Brave & The Bold, and Kirby's Epic Yarn, and 2.5D games look like Yoshi's Woolly World, Shadow Complex, Hard Corps. Uprising, and Klonoa Wii and 2. Other than adding aesthetic and detail, 2D games can't get more complex without needlessly cluttering it up.

But then, I'm an older gamer who has grown up from 8-bit sprites to games like A Crack in Time and their immense scope. It takes a lot to impress me graphically anymore. I'm much more interested in art styles now.

talonmalon333

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on May 27, 2015, 06:53:29 PMI'm much more interested in art styles now.

That's how I feel. I just imagine you can do more with art style using better technology, but I get what you mean when you talk about cluttering the screen and all that. I predict that the Wii U version of this game will look worse, but it will only be noticeable when you compare screenshots of the two versions side by side.

Spark Of Spirit

I think the biggest difference will be the backgrounds will be less active. The gameplay will probably otherwise be untouched.

talonmalon333

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on May 27, 2015, 07:01:37 PM
I think the biggest difference will be the backgrounds will be less active. The gameplay will probably otherwise be untouched.

It might include some touch screen capabilities, but as for the core gameplay, you're probably right.

Spark Of Spirit

Nel_Annette

I'm actually kind of relieved. That's one more month I can make sure to save up money so that the super deluxe edition doesn't break the bank.  :sweat:

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/06/22/devils-third-maker-valhalla-games-studios-is-hiring-for-a-new-project/

I highly doubt that the "Unreal engine" is of much use for mobile games. This is just another knock against the idiot journalists who claimed that VGS was stopping console game development for good based on rough translations of a Chinese magazine interview.

Obviously they can do both, giving a small portion of the team the task of developing mobile games specifically for the Asian market for some financial support while a larger team focuses on developing new console games.

That said, my only concern is that I don't really like how Unreal engine games are usually locked at 30 FPS.

Daikun

Foggle

Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on June 22, 2015, 09:58:37 PM
That said, my only concern is that I don't really like how Unreal engine games are usually locked at 30 FPS.
UE3 usually ran at 30FPS on consoles but could easily hit 60+ on PC, so maybe UE4 will be able to do 60 on all platforms. :)