Most Anticipated Video Games

Started by Spark Of Spirit, December 27, 2010, 06:00:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I actually forgot about UE4, since VGS is using UE3 for Devil's Third. I'm not sure how one chooses one engine over another, like if it has anything to do with cost or how difficult it is to develop games using a certain engine, but I'm sure it has to be something along those lines to force VGS to go with that for this game. The fact that they want new employees experienced with the Unreal engine does make it seem like they want to use the most up to date version at its full potential for future games, though.

Foggle

DT probably uses UE3 since it's been in development for such a long time. UE4 just came out recently and not too many games have been released that use it yet. I can only assume that whatever their new game is will probably run on the most recent version of the engine.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Daikun on June 22, 2015, 10:06:38 PM
Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on June 22, 2015, 09:58:37 PMI highly doubt that the "Unreal engine" is of much use for mobile games.

Via the website:

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAAHAH!
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Daikun

^^^There's really no reason to use UE3 anymore. UE4 was released as free a few months ago. They can save a ton of money by simply upgrading.

The original idea to stick with UE3 was for UDK, which was the free version of that engine (with some limitations, of course). UE4's slashed price and reduced royalties completely threw that out the window. They could also open the door to more platforms this way.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Looks like GSF also missed the part about them expanding their employee work force, which would make absolutely no sense if they were scaling down for mobile games, dumb-ass.

Rynnec

Quote from: Foggle on June 22, 2015, 10:20:37 PM
Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on June 22, 2015, 09:58:37 PM
That said, my only concern is that I don't really like how Unreal engine games are usually locked at 30 FPS.
UE3 usually ran at 30FPS on consoles but could easily hit 60+ on PC, so maybe UE4 will be able to do 60 on all platforms. :)

Arc System Works found a way to make UE3 run at 60fps on both PS3 and PS4, since Valhalla has Itagaki, I'm sure they'll find a way to do the same.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

They were pretty much forced to switch from the DS2 engine to UE3 once THQ went under, so I don't expect that they could use it at its full capacity until maybe their next game.

Rynnec

Foggle

Rynnec

Eh, while I'd love to own a physical copy of the game, this one in particular feels like it'd be much better when played on a portable system.

Rosalinas Spare Wand

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Q&A time with Itagaki: https://m.facebook.com/valhallagamestudios/posts/1585710325022429?__tn__=%2As

Question 1: Why does NoA like to pretend that you don't exist?

Question 2: Whenever you make your next game, would you consider making it a brutal and deep melee action game with a ninja-like protagonist who slays other ninjas and demons and just call it something besides Ninja Gaiden 4? Because that would be dope.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Rosalinas Spare Wand on July 04, 2015, 12:16:12 AM
ZERO ESCAPE 3 MOTHERFUCKERS
I still haven't played 2, but this is good news.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody