Most Anticipated Video Games

Started by Spark Of Spirit, December 27, 2010, 06:00:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

Well, Andross is apparently here, so it could be a prequel. Assuming he isn't destroyed at the end, anyway.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

talonmalon333

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

talonmalon333

IV was disqualified the moment it was released, on a count of being outclassed by its predecessor in nearly every way. :P

gunswordfist

MGS 3 only beats it's bosses (namely with the best motorcycle ride ever). IV's gameplay is superior.

talonmalon333

IV has practically the same gameplay, but without the cool survival features of III. III also has better bosses, better music, better levels, better humor, and better story. And the cutscenes don't take up half of the game.

Foggle

4 definitely has the best core gameplay of any MGS released to date (unless you count Ground Zeroes), and a lot of refinements compared to its predecessor. Acts 1 and 2 also have ridiculously good level design. That said, I do think MGS3 is a much stronger overall package, as - much like MGS1 & 2 - 4 is plagued by major consistency issues in its second half.

Speaking of which, I still need to beat MGS4, Peace Walker, and Rising. Hopefully I can manage to make it through the rest of them before TPP launches and consumes my gaming life...

Quote from: talonmalon333 on August 24, 2015, 03:52:44 PM
The best Metal Gear game yet?
I sure hope so!

gunswordfist

Quote from: talonmalon333 on August 24, 2015, 04:16:48 PM
IV has practically the same gameplay, but without the cool survival features of III. III also has better bosses, better music, better levels, better humor, and better story. And the cutscenes don't take up half of the game.
No and no. Both games have equal music. You cannot deny how great Old Snake, Love Theme or the credits music/Here's To You at all. And MGS IV has a few levels better than anything in 3.
Quote from: Foggle on August 24, 2015, 04:30:28 PM

Speaking of which, I still need to beat MGS4, Peace Walker, and Rising. Hopefully I can manage to make it through the rest of them before TPP launches and consumes my gaming life...

How far did you get in IV?  :) I have played none of Peace Walker, Rising (unless the demo counts), 1 (again, demo) or GZ. I played a tiny bit of Metal Gear, once I think about it...I think. I have some catching up to do.

Foggle

Quote from: gunswordfist on August 24, 2015, 04:37:13 PM
How far did you get in IV?  :) I have played none of Peace Walker, Rising (unless the demo counts), 1 (again, demo) or GZ. I played a tiny bit of Metal Gear, once I think about it...I think. I have some catching up to do.
I'm into Act 3, going to continue it tonight I think. Haven't done much gaming since early July due to being distracted by other things, but I've got no work for once, so I'm hoping to get pretty far. :)

You should definitely play Metal Gear 2 and the GBC game if you haven't. 2D classics!

talonmalon333

As far as consistency issues go, Foggle, I think in the case of MGS1 that's only the ending.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Foggle on August 24, 2015, 04:46:03 PM
Quote from: gunswordfist on August 24, 2015, 04:37:13 PM
I'm into Act 3, going to continue it tonight I think. Haven't done much gaming since early July due to being distracted by other things, but I've got no work for once, so I'm hoping to get pretty far. :)

You should definitely play Metal Gear 2 and the GBC game if you haven't. 2D classics!
I will!....one day! Yay, procrastination!

Foggle

Quote from: talonmalon333 on August 24, 2015, 04:48:42 PM
As far as consistency issues go, Foggle, I think in the case of MGS1 that's only the ending.
I just think it doesn't have enough stealth gameplay or unique setpieces in the second half. The latter portion of the game is basically a boss rush with tons of cutscenes and setpieces copypasted from MG2.

talonmalon333

What do you think of the part at the end of MGS2 when reality basically seems to be just shattering?

gunswordfist

They say Fortune is the only thing in the series so far that has not been explained...

Foggle

Quote from: talonmalon333 on August 24, 2015, 05:33:09 PM
What do you think of the part at the end of MGS2 when reality basically seems to be just shattering?
I love it, in concept. The writing is iffy and the sword combat is absolutely dreadful, but with better controls and a sharper script, it could have been utterly brilliant IMO. The Metal Gear(s) fight is fucking awesome, though.

I hear some similar stuff goes on at points in MGS5. Can't wait for that.