Most Anticipated Video Games

Started by Spark Of Spirit, December 27, 2010, 06:00:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

talonmalon333

Honestly, I think he himself is still great in 2 and 4. He just happens to be bogged down by the plot.

Foggle

Quote from: talonmalon333 on August 25, 2015, 04:54:01 PM
Honestly, I think he himself is still great in 2 and 4. He just happens to be bogged down by the plot.
I love his voice, but the whole Liquid Ocelot thing is just awful from beginning to end.

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Foggle

Really good video for people who aren't yet completely sold on MGS5: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRAe6VpQyXk

Perfectly explains why I'm so excited for the game. :)

talonmalon333

gunswordfist

Quote from: talonmalon333 on August 26, 2015, 04:00:04 PM
Quote from: Foggle on August 26, 2015, 03:15:09 PMpeople who aren't yet completely sold on MGS5

They exist?
They are called ek. The less said about that creature, the better.

talonmalon333

I meant the Metal Gear fans. Like, are there any Metal Gear fans who aren't sold in MGSV?

gunswordfist

Foggle

To be honest, I think anyone who values complex mechanics, total gameplay freedom, and systems that don't treat players like idiots should be excited for MGS5... unless they really hate stealth games.

Spark Of Spirit

Star Fox Zero new level gameplay

I like that they kept flying in even though this is more of a puzzle or stealth sequence. Looks a lot more fun than that stealth level from Vanquish, anyway.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

talonmalon333

So, are Shenmue I and II going to get a re-release for the eventual release of III?

Kiddington

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on August 28, 2015, 09:04:54 PM
Star Fox Zero new level gameplay

I like that they kept flying in even though this is more of a puzzle or stealth sequence. Looks a lot more fun than that stealth level from Vanquish, anyway.

This looks good!

I think it'll be fine. Honestly I'm surprised the reaction to this game seems to be about as mixed as it is though; you'd think the bar would be set pretty low considering Assault was the last actual installment (or Command if you wanna include handhelds, but that wasn't exactly great either).

Foggle

Sega just did a Yakuza 5 stream. They got drunk while try to charm a hostess, then proceeded to (badly) sing karaoke and fail miserably at baseball. After that, they captured a chicken by chasing it through the streets and entered it in an underground chicken race.

Best game ever.

gunswordfist

Did they do this in or out of the game? :sly:

Spark Of Spirit

Update on Retro:

QuoteThe following info comes from Liam Robertson (Tamaki) from Unseen64...

- Retro Studios typically gets three chances to pitch a project to Nintendo

- if the concept isn't greenlit after the third attempt, they'll be assigned a project that NCL deems more likely to sell well

"I don't actually know what the project is, exactly, but I know that it is something that Retro themselves pitched. ... They came off of Tropical Freeze in very late 2013, I think it was, and they continued throughout 2014 pitching new projects. ... And then they eventually pitched a project that went through, and NCL greenlit, and I assume that's what they're doing now—by all accounts, it is.

I don't think Retro wants to do [Metroid Prime 4]. ... I'd be surprised if Retro themselves pitched [that]. I think they've had their fill of Metroid. ... And if it is Metroid, then it will be something different—like maybe a 2D one, or something—different from Prime.

I think they have the potential to work on multiple projects, but I feel like the money isn't there. People don't realize it, but Retro is one of the priciest studios for [Nintendo] to maintain, and I can't see them letting them do two projects at once. As far as I know, they have one NCL producer with them right now, and I couldn't see this person overseeing both of them; I think this person would be doing one.

... And you were saying, 'could it be an original property?' I think, actually, the time is now for Retro to do an original property. They've done two established Nintendo franchises, they've done Metroid and Donkey Kong, and I think now is the time to let them take hold of the reins a bit more for themselves and do that. And I think if it is something that they pitched themselves, then that does make it more likely that they pitched something original."
All that sounds like good news to me.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton