Most Anticipated Video Games

Started by Spark Of Spirit, December 27, 2010, 06:00:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foggle

PC Gamer just reviewed Deus Ex: Human Revolution with a 94/100. The highest score they've ever given was a 95/100... to the original Deus Ex.

FUCKING PUMPED

Foggle

From GameSpot's Q&A about Hard Reset:

QuoteIf you want to show some amazing graphics, it's better and easier to develop the game for PCs. Also, in the era of movie-like shooters almost "on rails," with player-environment interaction as limited as possible, we wanted to create a game for old-school PC players, raised on all those forgotten Dooms, Quakes, and Painkillers.
Quotewe decided to show our game when it's ready. When it's literally done. No postponements. We want the players to trust us, and we will do our best to get them good games in the future.
QuoteIt's rather similar to old-school shooters like Doom, where you had to search the level to get a key card, and where you will find secrets--sometimes really challenging ones.
Quotewe don't have regenerating health
QuoteWe've got some really good engine programmers, and I can promise you that even a five-year-old PC will be sufficient to play Hard Reset.
QuoteGS: What can you tell us about the game's multiplayer?

MS: There is none! ... We had to choose whether we wanted to put all our efforts into creating the best single-player experience or add a multiplayer mode just to fill the check box and still get it done worse than in other games focused on multiplayer modes.
QuoteIf you're tired of all the boring shooters on rails where all the encounters are heavily scripted and you can't even move too much, Hard Reset is for you.

FPS of the year, if not the fucking decade. Holy shit.

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Kiddington

Six years since 3. SIX. YEARS.  :wth:

It has to be true; we're so far beyond overdue on this franchise.

Spark Of Spirit

The campaign in 3 is still completely awesome. The games have aged really well (other than the campaign of the first game), too. Such a shame that Crytek has been sitting on this franchise since they bought Free Radical.

Foggle

My erection is enormous. With this, Aliens, AND Furious Four coming out next year, Gearbox is going to become the industry's leading co-op FPS developer. So pumped.

Spark Of Spirit

And they only need a few things to make it perfect!

1. Randomized dungeons (this is crucial for a loot game!)
2. Level cap at 99
3. More varied environments
4. Full character customization
5. Some sort of hidden "endless dungeon" with like 100 floors or something. This is what I thought the vault would be.
6. More classes and more class branches
7. Some sort of anti-air weapon worth a damn
8. More of everything else

The original is still one of the best games this gen.

Spark Of Spirit

This is looking cool.

Oh yeah, if you guys are interested in a DS/3DS, the 3DS is getting a pretty steep price cut soon. You guys probably all know, but it wasn't posted here, so there you go.

Kiddington

Niiiiiiiiiice.  :happytime:

I likey. Looks pretty awesome, especially for a DSiWare title.

Foggle

Looks good, but I don't have a 3DS or a DSi... I still have the original brick. :thumbup:

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Foggle on August 03, 2011, 11:02:49 PM
Looks good, but I don't have a 3DS or a DSi... I still have the original brick. :thumbup:
If you ever manage to get a 3DS, it will really feel like a huge generational leap for you. I know it did for me, and the brick was the only one I ever had as well!

Foggle

I'll probably pick up a 3DS eventually, but right now the only game I want for it that isn't a port is Resident Evil: Revelations, which isn't out yet and might end up being as shitty as RE 5.

Spark Of Spirit

Personally I'm excited for Super Mario, Heroes Of Ruin, and Shinobi, but I can see how they aren't everyone's cup of tea.

As for the thread title:

August 31st on XBLA/PSN!

Foggle

I... hadn't heard about the Mario 3DS game or Heroes of Ruin, tbh. I completely forgot about Shinobi; day 1 buy if I have the system at the time.

That's the new BloodRayne game, right? I always meant to play the first two, but I never got around to it. Will probably pick 'em both up on Steam one of these days...

Do you know if this one is coming to PC?