Archer

Started by Avaitor, July 11, 2011, 02:35:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pharass

Yeah, that was some finale. Spoilers below, just to be on the safe side:

Spoiler
The moment Krieger's cyborg-replicas were introduced, I thought for sure that the Archer lying dead in the pool would end up being one of them, so I must admit that the ending took me by surprise.
[close]
I hope the show gets renewed, but frankly, I have no idea where it could go from here. Perhaps the hypothetical next season will be a prequel?

In every age
In every place
The deeds of men
Remain the same.

Peanutbutter

Is it not usually renewed after the new season airs?

LumRanmaYasha

Most tv shows receive orders for more seasons well in advance. Though, Archer was renewed for seasons six and seven while season 5 was still airing. But the fact no announcement has been made for it's renewal now is definitely worth concern. Especially when you consider that this season only had 10 episodes as opposed to the usual thirteen, and it was originally planned to be moved to FXX and probably would have if the show it was going to be paired with hadn't been cancelled before it aired. All signs point to FX wanting to be done with the show, sadly.

Avaitor

This talks about the show's future a little.

I hear that we should find out whether or not it's renewed come Comic Con. If it isn't, then a movie might happen.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Peanutbutter

I hope it does get picked up, but its inevitable for it to wrap up. It could only really have two more seasons at most, there just doesn't feel like there's that much else for the story to go to with Archer having a baby with Lana. Sucks that the show's been doing bad ratings the last few years. I really don't get why unless too many Neilsen viewers were turned off by the constant format changes. Yet another reason the ratings system should have been revamped years ago....

LumRanmaYasha

Archer's been renewed for 3 more seasons!

They'll each only be eight episodes long apiece, but hey, more Archer is still more Archer.

Foggle

Wonderful news!!!! :e_hail: :h_hail: :el_hail: :im_nabeshin:

Peanutbutter

Quote from: LumRanmaYasha on June 21, 2016, 10:39:21 PM
Archer's been renewed for 3 more seasons!

They'll each only be eight episodes long apiece, but hey, more Archer is still more Archer.

Thank Jesus. I can take losing three or four episodes a piece as long as the show gets to live longer.

Avaitor

If they wanted to end the show with this most recent season, I would have been fine with that. Still sad, but at least the show ended while still being good.

But I really like the idea of Archer making it to at least season 10. If we can get one more season after that, or maybe extend the 10th and bring the second half on near the end of 2019, then that feels like the perfect way to bookend this decade in animation.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Dreamer2

Definitely didn't see three seasons coming, even if they are shorter. I only started watching Archer last year, but I've seen every episode and I really really enjoy it.

Avaitor

Does anyone who's going to SDCC want to do me a favor?

New blog!

Avaitor

Ignore this if you haven't caught up with season 7 and/or don't want to be spoiled, but this is what was revealed to be the arc for season 8.

This is definitely different, but the show has pulled off so many different things over the years, that I'm not opposed to another shake-up. True, Vice was the most drastic change, but that started off strong, and only started to lose the plot at the end. With less episodes to worry about, I think they can make this work.

New blog!

LumRanmaYasha

Adam Reed wants to end the show after season 10.

Hey, that still means we're getting at least three more seasons (unless FX cancels it out of nowhere), so I can't complain. 10 years is a good run.

Avaitor

The show really is going to bookend the decade. That's pretty perfect.

I'm going to miss the show a whole lot, but it's hard to feel too sad about it wrapping up with ten seasons. Especially when it's remained pretty consistent during its run.

New blog!

Dreamer2

I don't know if this was announced a while ago and I just missed it, but I just saw a commercial that Archer returns on Wednesday, April 5th on FXX.