The Greatest Anime Ending Ever Tournament

Started by LumRanmaYasha, January 01, 2015, 12:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LumRanmaYasha

Spark Of Spirit

Good stuff, Urusei Yatsura. I wish Takahashi still made series like that.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

LumRanmaYasha

We also need more directors like Mamoru Oshii and Kazuo Yamazaki to work on the anime adaptions of her stuff too.

Fun fact: Ashita no Joe is one of Takahashi's all time favorite manga. She apparently did a six-page interview back in 2011 where she talked about how much she loved the series. I approached the Rumic World webmaster a while back to see if they could get it translated, but alas, they are too busy at the moment. Though, if one of you fellows knows a guy who happens to be able to read and translate japanese.... :humhumhum:

gunswordfist

Found some otaku to translate for ya, ya louse. :D
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Foggle

Y'know, Blue is very pivotal, but I much prefer The Real Folk Blues as a song. That's just my taste in music, though. They both make me cry.

Since I barely participated in this thread, I don't think I should vote.

gunswordfist

Foggle

Fiiiiiiiine. :blush:

Ride on Shooting Star
Blue
Neverending Homework
Cha-La Head Cha-La

gunswordfist

Foggle

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

;D Yeah, I'm procrastinating. I'll vote before bed.

gunswordfist

Blue - My relisten/watch of all four is complete. My 2nd rewatch of this has completely won me over. The "Free" part really did the trick. Such a great singer. Also, which dumbasses actually started at 00:45? Spanish Jewish Spike Spiegel must be heard every time. :>

Yu yu Hakusho Homework Never Ends - Dammit, I actually wish this went on longer. 10 more seconds of the part of the song at the end and I might have put this back at number 1. :D I think I have the full song kind of fresh in my head so that's why I'm fully a bit cheated.

Cha La Head Cha La - I actually did enjoy this song that much more this time around. And the manga montage that much more. The kamehameha at the end almost brings a tear in my eye and I love the 01 cover art. Great from book end to book end.

Riding On A Shooting Star - Every single guitar ED should start out just like this
Spoiler
[close]
It probably has turned into my favorite part of this ending over the last few days.

It wasn't too hard to rank these. My heart made up its mind.

LumRanmaYasha

Quote from: Foggle on March 05, 2015, 01:21:18 AM
Y'know, Blue is very pivotal, but I much prefer The Real Folk Blues as a song. That's just my taste in music, though. They both make me cry.

I prefer TRFB as a song too, actually. Strength of song is not the only thing I've been factoring when evaluating these EDs, though.  ;)

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I also prefer TRFB as a song. Strength of song IS what I've been factoring into my rankings for this whole competition. :sly:

LumRanmaYasha