Channel Larry (EDIT: Channel Awesome renamed to just Nostalgia Critic)

Started by Commode, December 30, 2010, 12:22:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Dalek

Quote from: SNES Chalmers on December 25, 2011, 11:32:29 PMBut where the fuck did they come from, were they just made up on the spot?
Pretty much.

Also its important to note that there was song cut from the original but reinstated for the Broadway production (and viewable in storyboard form with the original soundtrack on the blu) called "The Madness of King Scar" which makes it painfully clear Scar doesn't have an heir.

talonmalon333

Quote from: talonmalon333 on December 25, 2011, 08:34:34 PM
Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on December 25, 2011, 08:17:04 PMAlso, I really disagree with him that TLK botched its message. In some regards I can see what he's talking about, but I really interpreted that scene which he saw as a flaw quite differently, myself.

I'm interested in hearing your interpretation.

I'm still interested in hearing your interpretation, Ensatsu-ken. Partially cause I don't want to think that such a big flaw exists in The Lion King. :P

And to everyone else, I noticed a few have mentioned they could point out just as many flaws in Beauty and the Beast. What are they?

Commode

It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

talonmalon333

Quote from: SNES Chalmers on January 01, 2012, 10:24:13 PM
Persistent, aren't we?

The Critic has pulled me out of my world where Lion King is flawless. I WANT TO GO BACK. :P

talonmalon333

Just rewatched his video of The Room. It's even better than I remember.

Avaitor

Blah, he doesn't do the movie justice. No one can.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Daxdiv

Some movie created by some stoned dude called Tommy Wiseau. At least he looks drugged whenever I see a picture of him. This film is basically known as the Citizen Kane of bad movies in the regards that it does almost everything in films wrong.

Spark Of Spirit

Like Manos: The Hands Of Fate?
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Daxdiv on March 14, 2012, 10:55:01 PM
Some movie created by some stoned dude called Tommy Wiseau. At least he looks drugged whenever I see a picture of him. This film is basically known as the Citizen Kane of bad movies in the regards that it does almost everything in films wrong.
You're very welcome, Daxxy. And keep in mind, if you have any problems, talk to me, and I will help you.

Let's go eat HUH.

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on March 14, 2012, 10:56:37 PM
Like Manos: The Hands Of Fate?
Yeah. It's like our generation's version of that movie.

Foggle

The Room is a seriously great watch with friends. The laughter never ceases.

Daxdiv

When I think about it, the only time I ever watched The Room was when Adult Swim airs it during April Fools Day for these past few years. That's where my first exposure to The Room was, not the NC. In fact, I wonder if they're going to do that again this year.

Rynnec

I wouldn't mind, if only because I'd have an actual chance of watching that Master Piece of a film.

Avaitor

I sincerely think that Tommy Wiseau learned English by watching Nicktoons.

• When he says "LET'S GO EAT, HUH", it sounds like he's channeling Skeeter Valentine.
  • Often times, his laugh is reminiscent of Oskar Kokoschka
  • And slowed down, he could be a dead ringer for Patrick Star
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

talonmalon333

Quote from: Avaitor on March 14, 2012, 10:40:46 PM
Blah, he doesn't do the movie justice. No one can.

But even still, he brings plenty of laughs. :P