Channel Larry (EDIT: Channel Awesome renamed to just Nostalgia Critic)

Started by Commode, December 30, 2010, 12:22:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Yeah, it still feels so weird seeing his various personas featured in this video (and all of which play a prominent role to the plot, at that), while knowing that just recently he got kicked off the site. I guess this anniversary event can pretty much also serve as Spoony's big send-off from the site given that in a way he's practically the star of it. Seriously, if you add up all of the characters which he portrays, he actually ends up having even more screen-time than Doug (at least so far).

Avaitor

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if they added more scenes with Spoony in after he decided to leave the site to give him a proper send-off here. Considering his popularity, I can understand why he'd get a more climatic finish to the site than a lot of the other members who quietly get shitcanned or leave.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

talonmalon333

Quote from: Avaitor on August 27, 2012, 12:23:51 PM
Again, good so far, but the Nostalgia Chick's friends are killing it. Meh.

Haven't seen that video, but I wouldn't be surprised by this. The majority of the Nostalgia Chick's friends can be annoying and take up too much of the spotlight (keep in mind that I'm actually a fan of the Nostalgia Chick, and I'd say she's funnier than the Critic).

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Avaitor on August 27, 2012, 09:40:11 PM
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if they added more scenes with Spoony in after he decided to leave the site to give him a proper send-off here. Considering his popularity, I can understand why he'd get a more climatic finish to the site than a lot of the other members who quietly get shitcanned or leave.

Yeah, unlike the other members of the site who were let go, Spoony was actually really popular, and if I'm not mistaken he actually topped Linkara in popularity at one point in time among the big 3 of the site. I also feel that despite his recent outburst that caused him to be forced to leave, Doug and the other members of Channel Awesome had a lot of respect for his contributions to the site so that may be another reason for why they are giving him a good send-off here. That said, this anniversary flick was all filmed well before his breakdown occurred, so it could also just be that he was integral to the plot here and there really wasn't anything that they could do to change that at this point in time.

Avaitor

I know one person said that Spoony's stuff gets way more activity than even Doug, which I kind of find hard to believe. I'm sure that he was, and probably still is, very popular, but from what I understand, people still come to the site by discovering the Nostalgia Critic, even if they stay for just about anyone else.

And as for Lindsay, eh. She has some good ideas, but I can't say that I enjoy her as much as the Critic. She isn't that funny, and I don't like how she adds music into the backgrounds of her videos. Distracts from the video too much. But her friends just aren't that good.

And the Dark Nella stuff? Puh-lease.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I'm not a fan of Lindsay either. Her comedic reviews are just plain unfunny and her more serious reviews simply come off as obnoxious more than anything else, IMO.

Avaitor

Paltridge noted that the Chick rants and raves about her feminist opinions in most of her videos. While I never really take what he says seriously, he does have a point. She does spend a LOT of time talking about the same topics. I think Linkara, a major feminist himself, does it better, since he doesn't needlessly dedicate entire videos to the objectivation of women in media like she does, and even turns the table and calls out when certain writers go too far in their attempt towards feminism.

Anyway, part 3's up. Starting it now.

JO's Ed impression isn't really that good.

New blog!

Dr. Insomniac

But that's her schtick, reviewing female-oriented media. So therefore, it's natural for her to talk about when a show or movie ends up being negative in its portrayal of women.

And besides, she doesn't do it that much. Only like once every other video.

Avaitor

It seems like she does it a lot more. That or I pick all of the videos she does it in.

New blog!

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Avaitor on August 29, 2012, 08:36:40 PM
It seems like she does it a lot more. That or I pick all of the videos she does it in.
She didn't really do that in her favorite movies video.

Avaitor

New blog!

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

"Juno is overrated."

As far as I'm concerned, that's the best line of this whole video, so far. I fucking hate Juno.

Avaitor

Heh, yeah.

And I'm calling it- James Rolfe will make a cameo as Q and either save the day or fuck everything up. Depending on which mood this Q is in.

New blog!

talonmalon333

What do you guys think of his Old vs. New series, and what its best episode is?

Foggle

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on September 04, 2012, 07:38:11 PM
"Juno is overrated."

As far as I'm concerned, that's the best line of this whole video, so far. I fucking hate Juno.
Amen.