Channel Larry (EDIT: Channel Awesome renamed to just Nostalgia Critic)

Started by Commode, December 30, 2010, 12:22:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

You guys don't think ten minutes of standing in front of a chair on a lawn while drinking a jug of Sunny D is deep?

Well maybe talking fast while spewing pop culture references will fix that.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Insomniac

As well as talking about obscure horror movies with Michael Bluth.

Dr. Insomniac

Lord Dalek

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on September 06, 2012, 01:48:28 AM
Goddamn arthouse movies.
Fucking Dogme. Now you know why I think LvT is arguably the worst director working today. Even worse than Michael Bay.

Peanutbutter

Overall, To Boldly Flee has been good. It's better than Kickassia (which fell apart in its second half), and Suburban Knights (which was decent, but dragged in parts). That said, I didn't like Part 6 except of course for Jew Wario's fight with Mechakara. He was funny in this one.

Since next year's anniversary won't be as grandiose as this one, I wonder what they will come up for it.

Peanutbutter

http://blip.tv/nostalgiacritic/to-boldly-flee-part-8-6351337

And that's it. To Boldly Flee is done. That was all right. It lost a little steam in the last two parts, but all around I enjoyed it. I wonder if Doug is done with Nostalgia Critic and will review movies as himself, or if this will set up a minor two-parter episode. Either way, I imagine we'll find out in a couple of weeks.

Daxdiv

Foggle

Definitely a good thing. It'd already run its course more than a year ago.

Spark Of Spirit

I give him credit for knowing when a character is played out. This sort of thing could never last THAT long.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Kiddington

Daxdiv

Yeah, you do got to admit that he would have just ran out of material to review sooner or later. My first hints was when he decided to review the TMNT Movie for some reason. I forgot what the reason behind that was, but considering that was probably a review that had the most recent release date,

Lord Dalek

Good riddence. Somehow some way Doug's past two years of unfunny blandness managed to rub off on his classic vids and that's not right.

Kiddington

A good portion of the stuff he's reviewed in recent months really cannot possibly be considered nostalgic to anyone. I mean, come on; The Cell? Super Babies 2? Live-action Scooby Doo? He basically just became another run of the mill bad movie critic at this point (and of course, the comedy was obviously lacking).

Like I said, it was time.

Avaitor

I'm saddened, but it's for the best I guess.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

I do wish he would end on a better note, though. Scooby Doo is kind of a lukewarm end.

But I also think James should hang it up, too.