Channel Larry (EDIT: Channel Awesome renamed to just Nostalgia Critic)

Started by Commode, December 30, 2010, 12:22:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

I personally think TS2 is the significant weakest of the trilogy.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

Yeah, I probably agree with that.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

talonmalon333

I do think it's the weakest of the trilogy. But significantly? Can't agree there. I actually think it's Pixar's third best film. :P

Avaitor

Well it's far from bad. The film has a lot of high points in fact, if you remember my review on the old board. :P

But Jessie gets on my nerves most of the time. The rest of the new characters are okay, but she's too high energy for me to handle during the movie. I much prefer how she's toned down in the third film.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

Yep, it's good, but it's true that when I re-watch them 2 is my least favorite.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

talonmalon333

Quote from: Avaitor on December 12, 2012, 09:20:31 PM
Well it's far from bad. The film has a lot of high points in fact, if you remember my review on the old board. :P

I kinda-sorta do. Is anything from the old board still viewable?

Quote from: Avaitor on December 12, 2012, 09:20:31 PMBut Jessie gets on my nerves most of the time. The rest of the new characters are okay, but she's too high energy for me to handle during the movie. I much prefer how she's toned down in the third film.

I can see why. She can get a bit annoying in 2. But once she tells the story of her past, I think she becomes quite likeable.

Foggle

Avaitor

Quote from: talonmalon333 on December 12, 2012, 09:32:59 PM
Quote from: Avaitor on December 12, 2012, 09:20:31 PMBut Jessie gets on my nerves most of the time. The rest of the new characters are okay, but she's too high energy for me to handle during the movie. I much prefer how she's toned down in the third film.

I can see why. She can get a bit annoying in 2. But once she tells the story of her past, I think she becomes quite likeable.
Oh yeah, that's easily the best song Randy Newman ever wrote.

Just like I think the best thing Phil Collins ever did was Tarzan. Why Doug picked on that in particular baffles me.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

Probably because Bigger Longer & Uncut came out the same year and lost grammys to Tarzan. A lot of people are still bothered over that for some reason.

Avaitor

Well yeah, BL&U had a really good soundtrack, but do you really expect a movie with songs like "Uncle Fucker" to win an Academy Award?

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

M&T did. See the first Timmy episode for an example.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Avaitor on December 12, 2012, 08:40:11 PM
I personally think TS2 is the significant weakest of the trilogy.

I kind of agree. I like the movie, no doubt, but I can't help but feel that people really overrated the hell out of it, which as sort of distorted my perception of it in a negative way, even if that's not really the movie's fault.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Avaitor on December 12, 2012, 10:03:15 PM
Well yeah, BL&U had a really good soundtrack, but do you really expect a movie with songs like "Uncle Fucker" to win an Academy Award?

I'm surprised that out of all of the songs from BLU that they could have nominated, it was Blame Canada. I enjoyed that song, but I thought that the movie had better (funnier) songs than that which could've been nominated in its place.

For what its worth, I do enjoy the main song from Tarzan, even if I don't give two-shits about Phil Collins.

Foggle

I watched all the Toy Story films in a row last year and I personally thought they got increasingly better.

Spark Of Spirit

I think they get increasingly better in pretty much all areas including execution, but I think the first has better pacing and more character moments than the second one does. They're all great, but there's way more Woody with Jesse and Pete than most of the characters with Buzz or the toys back at home in 2.