Channel Larry (EDIT: Channel Awesome renamed to just Nostalgia Critic)

Started by Commode, December 30, 2010, 12:22:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on December 12, 2012, 11:55:43 PM
Quote from: Avaitor on December 12, 2012, 08:40:11 PM
I personally think TS2 is the significant weakest of the trilogy.

I kind of agree. I like the movie, no doubt, but I can't help but feel that people really overrated the hell out of it, which as sort of distorted my perception of it in a negative way, even if that's not really the movie's fault.
I don't know about TS2 being overrated, but there's no way that it was the third best movie of the 90's, or the best animated movie either. AV Club really dropped the ball on that part of their ranking.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Avaitor

Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Peanutbutter

Quote from: Avaitor on December 15, 2012, 10:59:39 AM
Looks like he's sticking to Pixar after all.

What does he mean everyone liked Cars when it came out?

People he knows in his personal life and the people on whatever sites he visited at the time, I'm guessing. I like Cars just fine myself (never saw 2) so it's not impossible to me he knows a crowd out there that enjoys it.

Spark Of Spirit

I dunno, I remember most people in real life liking it. It was mostly online where the negativity came from.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

I have never physically met anyone who likes Cars.

Avaitor

I know a couple of people who kinda like the first movie, but nowhere near as much as pretty much any other Pixar movie. Even the majority of people over the age of like 8 agree that it's near the tailend of pixar's canon.

New blog!

Daxdiv

Quote from: Avaitor on December 15, 2012, 10:59:39 AM
What does he mean everyone liked Cars when it came out?

This was still the one thing I never understood about him. Especially when he put Cars on his overrated movies of all time list. Of course, I just attribute that to him using the internet definition of overrated. I'll admit that I like Cars, but it is nowhere near Toy Story 1 & 3, Up, Monsters Inc WALL*E & The Incredibles for me.

As for the rest of the Disney movies, I'm expecting him to tackle WDAS output after doing all of Pixar.

Avaitor

Quote from: Daxdiv on December 15, 2012, 07:28:57 PM
As for the rest of the Disney movies, I'm expecting him to tackle WDAS output after doing all of Pixar.
Yeah, that's what I'm guessing. It's like how he tackled the hand-drawn DACs before going to Enchanted, Tangled, Roger Rabbit etc. He wants to do Pixar first.

New blog!

Peanutbutter

Can't blame him for that, really. Considering the smaller output of the Disney 3D movies, and that people watching him are going to focus more on what he has to say about every Pixar film.

A little early to speculate this, but I wonder if he does Disneycember next year, what would he review? Disney's live-action movies? Or maybe he'll do the Disney Afternoon toons and others up to Gravity Falls? That would be pretty cool.

Avaitor

Doug's said before that he's not comfortable with reviewing shows that he hasn't seen much of, and he also doesn't seem like the kind of guy who'd watch cartoons designated for children at an older age, with very few exceptions. Gargoyles is obviously one of those though, since in his NC review, he did say that it was on when he was as far in his life as high school.

And there are just too many Disney animated series made since Gargoyles came out to be ignored, a fair amount of them with decent followings. Even if Doug would be more willing to review shows he isn't so familiar with, I'm not sure if he can familiarize himself with around 30-50 TV shows by this point next year, unless he only cherry picks a couple of episodes each, which he did with Nick month, and look at how that went. It doesn't sound too feasible of a goal.

I would like to see him tackle some of the live-action films, but obviously not every single one, since that could take years and there are so many worthless films with the Disney name that aren't worth researching. I'd like to see him cherry pick a bunch of the most popular movies from different eras and have his say on them. Obviously he can talk about Pirates and National Treasure from today, and pick the movies that were released under the Vault Disney DVD line among the classics.

New blog!

talonmalon333

He got to WALL-E.

I actually couldn't disagree more with all of the things that he says about the spaceship and everything in it. I think the imagery of seeing the earth in pieces, and then the spaceship where people have practically wasted and faded into nothing, is just perfect. Sure, we can see the message of the movie early on. But that imagery I mentioned just makes it stronger.

talonmalon333

Mara Wilson has made another appearance!

Avaitor

New blog!

talonmalon333

Quote from: Avaitor on December 18, 2012, 11:48:48 PM
Where'd she show up this time?

Doug did an interview with her. It was pretty interesting. I'd post a link here if the website wasn't being so slow on me right now. :imnothappy:

Spark Of Spirit

Why not just link to the blip page?
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton