Channel Larry (EDIT: Channel Awesome renamed to just Nostalgia Critic)

Started by Commode, December 30, 2010, 12:22:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daxdiv

You know, I always assumed that Bonnie's Mom and Andy's mom were good friends. I mean it's not like Bonnie's mom wondered who he was, rather why he was there.

Avaitor

I'm just saying that I can kinda see where Doug came from, not that I agree with him word-for-word.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Avaitor

Uh, for whatever reason, Doug skipped straight to Bolt, skipping Chicken Little and Meet the Robinsons.

Okay?
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Daxdiv

WOW. I kind of wanted him to talk about CL first. I hope he goes back and does Chicken Little & Meet the Robinsons before tackling Wreck-It Ralph.

Goldstar

Quote from: Avaitor on December 26, 2012, 07:52:52 PM
Uh, for whatever reason, Doug skipped straight to Bolt, skipping Chicken Little and Meet the Robinsons.

Okay?

Perhaps Doug didn't see those 2 movies?

I was hoping that Doug would review Meet the Robinsons. That was an enjoyable (and underrated) film. Not on the level of The Incredibles or Toy Story, mind you, but it was still good. Chicken Little was just "eh", though. Another anthropomorphic animal movie. Been there, seen that.
The Star Twins + cartoons + geek speak =Twinsanity!

Avaitor

Quote from: Goldstar on December 26, 2012, 08:23:25 PM
Quote from: Avaitor on December 26, 2012, 07:52:52 PM

Okay?

Perhaps Doug didn't see those 2 movies?
Well, you would've expected him to find time for a series like this, right?

If not, this just reeks of one of my biggest problems with Disneycember- overall laziness. If Doug can't find the time to watch at least a couple of movies he's reviewing or even go on a fucking Wikipedia page for research before he starts said review, why bother doing these videos at all?

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

I've been interested in seeing MTR for a while now due to some comments from people on it... shame I won't see it in this special.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I watched Doug and Rob's review of Bolt in Sibling Rivalry, and in their I believe that Doug made a comment indicating that he kind of hates MTR.

Avaitor

I can understand if he didn't like it at first, but MTR does hold up to repeat viewings.

The second act is what kills it- all flash and no substance in the worst possible way. But the first and third acts are really sweet.

New blog!

Goldstar

Admittedly, Meet the Robinsons suffers mostly in the middle of the film; most of the extended relatives are really only there to fill up the numbers and to pad out the story, but overall, it's an enjoyable movie and 1 of the better handlings of time travel that I've seen in fiction. Plus, it was a nice change of pace to see a CGI animated film with a mostly human cast.
The Star Twins + cartoons + geek speak =Twinsanity!

Silverstar

Wilbur's relatives were unnecessary to the overall plot of the movie, but they were all featured in the book that the movie was loosely inspired by, A Day with Wilbur Robinson. In the book, Lewis visits his classmate Wilbur's home after school and meets his kooky family; the 2 aren't related in the book and there's no time travel plot.

The second act with the family is more or less a homage to the book. No, it doesn't further the story along any, but some of the gags were funny, and like Gold said I can't hate such a sweet, inventive movie which actually focused on humans for a change.

Doug may not have liked Meet the Robinsons, nor was it a major critical success, but it's one of my favorite Disney movies.
Twinsanity - the Star Twins' blog. Cartoons. Pop Culture. Comedy. Opinions. Commentary. Analysis. Geekiness.

Avaitor

Well Doug just put up a Chicken Little video, so maybe he'll get around to MTR as well. I've yet to see either video, but hopefully he has an explanation for why he skipped to Bolt in one of them.

New blog!

talonmalon333

For some reason I haven't felt the desire to check out his non-Pixar videos.

Avaitor

Wow, the quality of the Chicken Little footage used is dreadful.

He obviously found a poor copy of it, and didn't bother to find a better one to use.

New blog!

Daxdiv

Couldn't even bother finding a DVD rip of Chicken Little, could you Doug?