Channel Larry (EDIT: Channel Awesome renamed to just Nostalgia Critic)

Started by Commode, December 30, 2010, 12:22:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nel_Annette

Agh. I haaate It's Time. Radioactive's a far better song.

Avaitor

His #1 is the best Drake song I've ever heard. I'll never forgive him for originating YOLO, though.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Nel_Annette

Holy shit, he actually has that Ellie Goulding song on there. I love that song! They play it at work all the time and I had to seek it out.

Also, that Bruno Mars song's played at work too, but I only ever hear the chorus. I love The Police, so I really liked the verses. That's fantastic.

Avaitor

I wasn't too hot on this list. No mention of GYHAB at all, but he remembered to give a nod to the Carly Rae Jepsen/Owl City tune. Whoopie.

At least there's no Katy Perry on here this year, though.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

No-Personality

Unless "Firework" made it onto any of his previous lists (and if it did: FOR SHAAAAME!), I agreed with his inclusion of "Hot n Cold" and "Teenage Dream" in previous lists. Of course, I'm also seriously out of the loop of popular music and even the artists who still released big singles but they didn't end up on the top 40 (if this is where Todd gets his choices from).

As a Ke$ha fan, though, I would have chosen "Where Have You Been" over "Die Young." (Which, yes, would have left her off the list entirely.)
Well, I got so burned out on the road
Too many fags, too much blow
And then Mick and I split up and I said,
"Kid, it's time to take a little bit of a hiatus."
So I got myself a gig at the coffee shop
and I love it.
Why don't you take that corner booth,
I'll take your order in a minute...

Avaitor

Quote from: No-Personality on January 28, 2013, 02:19:37 PM
Unless "Firework" made it onto any of his previous lists (and if it did: FOR SHAAAAME!), I agreed with his inclusion of "Hot n Cold" and "Teenage Dream" in previous lists.
I'm pretty sure it didn't, but "California Girls" did, which is even worse, IMO.

New blog!

Silverstar

Quote from: Nel_Annette on January 27, 2013, 10:23:39 PM
Holy shit, he actually has that Ellie Goulding song on there. I love that song! They play it at work all the time and I had to seek it out.

I've honestly never heard of Ellie Goulding or "Lights" before this list, but I'm definitely purchasing it now.
Twinsanity - the Star Twins' blog. Cartoons. Pop Culture. Comedy. Opinions. Commentary. Analysis. Geekiness.

No-Personality

Quote from: Avaitor on January 28, 2013, 02:40:44 PM
Quote from: No-Personality on January 28, 2013, 02:19:37 PMUnless "Firework" made it onto any of his previous lists (and if it did: FOR SHAAAAME!), I agreed with his inclusion of "Hot n Cold" and "Teenage Dream" in previous lists.
I'm pretty sure it didn't, but "California Girls" did, which is even worse, IMO.
Forgot about that.

I'm glad he did though, the video he did after that had some wicked cameos because of it.
Well, I got so burned out on the road
Too many fags, too much blow
And then Mick and I split up and I said,
"Kid, it's time to take a little bit of a hiatus."
So I got myself a gig at the coffee shop
and I love it.
Why don't you take that corner booth,
I'll take your order in a minute...

Avaitor

Quote from: No-Personality on January 29, 2013, 01:45:48 PM
Quote from: Avaitor on January 28, 2013, 02:40:44 PM
Quote from: No-Personality on January 28, 2013, 02:19:37 PMUnless "Firework" made it onto any of his previous lists (and if it did: FOR SHAAAAME!), I agreed with his inclusion of "Hot n Cold" and "Teenage Dream" in previous lists.
Forgot about that.

I'm glad he did though, the video he did after that had some wicked cameos because of it.
That's a good point.

I HAVE HANNAH MONTANA ON MY MP3 PLAYER, AND YOU STILL DISGUST ME!

New blog!

The Shadow Gentleman

So Doug's doing another month. The catch? Its not Disney

I probably should have seen this coming.

Avaitor

I wonder if he'll skip the sequels.

New blog!

The Shadow Gentleman

Lord Dalek

Avaitor

New blog!

Peanutbutter

You know, when Timothy Green came out, I wondered why it had only 38% at Rotten Tomatoes. Well, the Critic provided some good reasons why. The acting seemed okay from everyone, but if it really is like how Doug made it out, that is some tremendously awful writing and execution from the script.

Anyway, I loved the review. Glad to see Doug did have genuinely good new ideas for Nostalgia Critic. It did seem like he really wanted to be back from that other video, so I hope he's able to put in as much heart and effort into the rest of his videos this year.

And I'm glad he kept the Demo Reel people, their skits were hilarious. I think not having other people to bounce off in his skits is one of the other reasons why Doug started to run out of steam before. Here's hoping the rest of his comeback stays good for a while.