Channel Larry (EDIT: Channel Awesome renamed to just Nostalgia Critic)

Started by Commode, December 30, 2010, 12:22:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

Here's a cool editorial for Batman: TAS fans.

It's fascinating, but as someone who doesn't care for the anniversary specials, I'm annoyed at how we didn't get an actual NC video this week because of it.

Also, TNBA Joker is Roger Klotz. I wish Doug called that out.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Peanutbutter

Dragonbored and The Reviewers are good. I haven't bothered watching the rest yet but I plan to sometime.

talonmalon333

Saw that Batman TAS video, and I largely agree with him. Batman's fourth season isn't as good as the earlier seasons. It's not even necessarily one of my favorite seasons in the entire DCAU. But it's got some good stuff in there.

Over the Edge is certainly one of my all time favorites.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Yeah, I can agree with Doug, here. Season 4 on the whole was very lopsided in quality, but it did bring us some of the best episodes in the entire series, including Mad Love, so its definitely not a bad season on the whole.

Avaitor

Yeah, volume 4 is probably the weakest as a whole, but let's be real, it's not like the first 3 volumes are completely solid themselves. Some of the changes work better than others, but I'm glad that TNBA was made.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

So, the Nostalgia Critic just reviewed Sailor Moon, or at least his interpretation of the dub. As someone who hasn't seen much of the show beyond the dub in the first place, I can't really disagree with any of the NC's points. As a piece of nostalgia, it has its place, but it just doesn't hold up very well as a legitimately good show. I can't really say anything about the Japanese version of the show as I never watched more than a few episodes of it, so I can't really judge it.

Avaitor

Oh wow, I gotta see this.

I really should read the manga sometime. I like the idea of the show and the original anime is fun in doses, but even that shows its flaws if watched in succession. I believe the manga is better.

New blog!

Nel_Annette

The only thing I remember about Sailor Moon is some monster-of-the-week with soccer ball boobies.  .3.

Peanutbutter

There were parts of the dub of Sailor Moon that I knew were not going to hold up well in ten years. I remember in one of the later seasons, one of Sailor Moon's friends says, "What's up, dawg?"  :butbut:

It wasn't terrible, heck I think I'd still enjoy the Witches 5 and the Dark Moon Circus seasons, but I think I'll check out the original version and see how it is first before I rewatch the dub.

Spark Of Spirit

The canon stuff is very enjoyable and I like the changes the anime made to the manga but I won't call it a perfect show. Every one of the dubs were pretty bad, there is a ton of filler, and some of the arcs just don't really lead up to anything.

But I can't say it has no merit. Tons of shows still rip it off, for instance, because it does have a lot of good idea to it.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Peanutbutter

Took a quick glance through TVTropes, and wow some of them hating on Doug big time over this!

Avaitor

I'm watching it now. How much did Doug watch of this? He doesn't get the point of Sailor V at all.

New blog!

Foggle

This is the first NC episode I've found funny in a long ass time.

Nel_Annette

I laughed to tears at that fucking "talking penis" part. Way funnier than it should have been. The voice, man, the voice!

Peanutbutter

Quote from: Avaitor on August 06, 2013, 11:31:54 PM
I'm watching it now. How much did Doug watch of this? He doesn't get the point of Sailor V at all.

That's because he only reviewed the dub. The dub never explained the deal with Sailor Venus being Sailor V. The only time it was referenced was when they did a clip show, which I am more than postive was only done by DiC.