Channel Larry (EDIT: Channel Awesome renamed to just Nostalgia Critic)

Started by Commode, December 30, 2010, 12:22:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

Doug ends Disneycember with Saving Mr. Banks. And personally, I loved the "Let's Go Fly a Kite" sequence.

Also, this ends with Doug hinting at doing more of these in January which he forgot about earlier, showing off one in particular. I sure hope so.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

No-Personality

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on December 31, 2013, 11:31:23 AMExcept articles cite the claim as indeed coming from one specific member. And according to this other article, they've improving while apologizing for these faults.
Again, I want to repost my previous link. This is important stuff to remember: http://www.gazettenet.com/home/9955886-95/john-davis-says-salvation-army-does-discriminate-against-gays This article makes it clear that Very Recently and Very Much Wherever They Can, they use any legal loophole to deny help to GLBT people and especially to deny them employment. And, for the sake of their name and reputation, all they technically have to do is tell people they love them. They don't have to prove it, if and where the law is lenient on discrimination.

Maybe they're working on the problem- trying to clear out the older members who are bitterly hateful in order to fix bad policies. Yes, they deserve the benefit of the doubt for trying. But this is going to take time and a lot of work reaching out to people if They Decide to Continue Defining Their Organization by Their Religious Beliefs. I'm not going to smile and walk away fully satisfied that they've changed their ways just because they make a page on their website and a video on YouTube. I reserve every right to not entirely trust them now.

But, hey- let's hope they do change. One fact I know I can promise you is that with all the enemies GLBT people already have in this world, We Do Not Need to Invent Any More.
Well, I got so burned out on the road
Too many fags, too much blow
And then Mick and I split up and I said,
"Kid, it's time to take a little bit of a hiatus."
So I got myself a gig at the coffee shop
and I love it.
Why don't you take that corner booth,
I'll take your order in a minute...

Avaitor

Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Nel_Annette

Avaitor

Heads up- there's a final goodbye to Rachel at the end of the video.

New blog!

Peanutbutter

Good luck to Rachel.

And Cinema Snob had better at least have a cameo soon.

Avaitor

New blog!

No-Personality

After that, I would love to hear the top of 2013 list... Or least awful.

Have to give him props for one thing: No Miley. But, the only songs I've heard that he referenced are "Royals" (just once) and "Hard Out Here."
Well, I got so burned out on the road
Too many fags, too much blow
And then Mick and I split up and I said,
"Kid, it's time to take a little bit of a hiatus."
So I got myself a gig at the coffee shop
and I love it.
Why don't you take that corner booth,
I'll take your order in a minute...

Commode

I hadn't heard a majority of the songs he listed, but man, what is with the country this last year or so?  Every one of those songs in that portion of that video I have heard multiple times, and every one is a contender for the worst lyrics ever written.  Whatever happened to the country music where they sang about their dog and their tractor(ok, there was that big green tractor song not too long ago)?  "Cruise" literally sounds like Hinder decided to try their hands at writing a country tune.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

talonmalon333

Didn't see the video, but I do still love Royals... in a semi ironic way that kind of acknowledges it might actually not be good. :P

Commode

Royals is a cool song.  So is Stay The Night.

fuckyouguysimgoinghome

talonmalon333

Quote from: Comeau on January 12, 2014, 06:29:23 PM

fuckyouguysimgoinghome

"Stay the Night" is Hayley Williams, right? I do like that song. I also like her "Still Into You", though admittedly I feel like I am starting to get a bit tired of it.

By the way, is "Wake Me Up" on that list? I used to like that song, but it's on the radio fifty times per minute so I can no longer stand it.

Commode

Quote from: talonmalon333 on January 12, 2014, 06:38:35 PM
Quote from: Comeau on January 12, 2014, 06:29:23 PM

fuckyouguysimgoinghome

"Stay the Night" is Hayley Williams, right? I do like that song. I also like her "Still Into You", though admittedly I feel like I am starting to get a bit tired of it.
Yes, and I like Hayley Williams.  "Still Into You" is so great because it's so upbeat, it's like "Girls Just Want To Have Fun".  We need more upbeat songs like that.

Avaitor

Watch yourself, talon. Do you even watch Todd, though? :P

And Florida-Georgia Line are... bizarre. Every single thing I've heard from them is completely bullshit, but they have a strange amount of respect in the country industry and somehow are already huge arena sellers. I had an equivalent for them from the rock industry, but I forgot which it was ages ago.

New blog!

talonmalon333

Quote from: Comeau on January 12, 2014, 06:40:40 PM
Yes, and I like Hayley Williams.  "Still Into You" is so great because it's so upbeat, it's like "Girls Just Want To Have Fun".  We need more upbeat songs like that.

My only problem with "Still Into You" (aside from having heard it too much, but even that issue is starting to vanish for me as I haven't heard it in a few weeks now) is a high note in the last section of the song. I never felt like she really hits it. Whenever I hear that part, I recognize it as the type of moment that someone like Kelly Clarkson would knock out of the park.

Quote from: Avaitor on January 12, 2014, 07:13:53 PM
Watch yourself, talon. Do you even watch Todd, though? :P

I watch very few things on TGWTG. That should explain why I haven't watched this video yet. :P