Channel Larry (EDIT: Channel Awesome renamed to just Nostalgia Critic)

Started by Commode, December 30, 2010, 12:22:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Commode

Also, since it's currently being discussed on gaf, what do you guys think about the similarities of "Roar" and this song?  It's really uncanny(especially when both songs came out within months of each other), the song plays in some commercial and every time I see it I think of Roar.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Nel_Annette

Yeeeees. I fucking hate that Fall Out Boy song. Dumb title. Dumb song.

Good, god, that Drake song is a monotone mess. What a bore.

Can't agree on "Demons". ID didn't squander their promise Todd. The song's on the same god damn album. Glad he addressed that though. XD And I still like the song.

talonmalon333

"Demons"? Are we talking Imagine Dragons? That song is phenomenal. Imagine Dragons is one of my favorite current rock bands, and that's my favorite song of theirs.

Commode

talonmalon333

Commode

Avaitor

Quote from: talonmalon333 on January 12, 2014, 07:26:11 PM
Quote from: Avaitor on January 12, 2014, 07:13:53 PM
Watch yourself, talon. Do you even watch Todd, though? :P

I watch very few things on TGWTG. That should explain why I haven't watched this video yet. :P
You really should change this.

Quote from: Comeau on January 12, 2014, 07:29:32 PM
Also, since it's currently being discussed on gaf, what do you guys think about the similarities of "Roar" and this song?  It's really uncanny(especially when both songs came out within months of each other), the song plays in some commercial and every time I see it I think of Roar.
It is pretty similar, but I don't think it's a rip-off, per say. All I know is that I'm really sick of the fun. guy, who wrote this.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

talonmalon333

Quote from: Avaitor on January 12, 2014, 08:30:34 PM

I watch very few things on TGWTG. That should explain why I haven't watched this video yet. :P

What series' do you like on the site?

Avaitor

Quote from: talonmalon333 on January 12, 2014, 08:31:53 PM
Quote from: Avaitor on January 12, 2014, 08:30:34 PM

What series' do you like on the site?
Besides Doug, I watch Lindsay and Todd mostly regularly, and occasionally Linkara, Oanicitizen and Cinema Snob (I'm here mroe for 80's Dan than his usual stuff though). I gave up on JO ages ago and not much else really interests me.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

talonmalon333

I probably watch Doug's Nostalgia Critic videos the most, but I also like Lindsey. I feel that, in certain ways, she outclasses Doug by miles (mostly when it comes to film in general, she's much better at things like analysis). I also like Phealous, particularly his Resident Evil videos. I heard some good things about JO. Why'd you abandon her?

Avaitor

Quote from: talonmalon333 on January 12, 2014, 08:41:29 PM
I heard some good things about JO. Why'd you abandon her?
She stopped making videos that interested me. That's pretty much it.

New blog!

Daikun

Quote from: talonmalon333 on January 12, 2014, 08:41:29 PMI heard some good things about JO. Why'd you abandon her?

She took a major nosedive in quality after D2 Brigade broke up. She rarely makes videos anymore, and when she does release a new one, it's not worth the wait. Instead of anime reviews, she would do something like Top 20 Anime Themes of [insert year], which I feel are the worst videos she makes on her channel (and she does that EVERY YEAR), or she would do a Let's Play or release con footage or do a Furuba reading or just do something else that is uninteresting.

The Anime Derbies are the only thing I'm desperately trying to hang onto (it's currently the closest thing to what she does best), but she clearly can't maintain a schedule on those. She hasn't released one of those since September.

Dr. Insomniac

And she's been a nonce on Twitter, by going off on tangents about how something sucks, and sicking her followers on people who disagree with her. I remember that time a few months ago where she accused TGWTG fans of publicly attacking her via fanfic, while guys like Linkara had to do damage control.

Avaitor

^Daikun and Marquis got my dissatisfaction of JO as of late down better than I could.

I can't remember the last time I watched a video of hers.

New blog!

Dr. Insomniac

And doesn't help she's dating the Phil Fish of the anime industry.