Channel Larry (EDIT: Channel Awesome renamed to just Nostalgia Critic)

Started by Commode, December 30, 2010, 12:22:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

LumRanmaYasha

I am totally sick of "Let It Go." It's a good song, but goddamn is everyone so obsessed with it and it's been so overplayed and parodied that it's like ear poison to me now. Same with "Do You Want To Build A Snowman."

talonmalon333

At least Idina Menzel gave a good performance of Let it Go........................

Avaitor

I've been trying to avoid listening to the Frozen soundtrack again before the Blu-Ray comes out, and I've succeeded for the past month or so. Although I did catch Idina's performance at the Oscars, which wasn't great, tbh.

I actually heard that she had an asthma attack before going on stage, which is why it came so off, and why they cut the second verse. I can't help but wonder if they should have got Demi instead, or had them both do a duet, actually.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

talonmalon333

Quote from: Avaitor on March 04, 2014, 10:13:36 PM
Although I did catch Idina's performance at the Oscars, which wasn't great, tbh.

I actually heard that she had an asthma attack before going on stage, which is why it came so off, and why they cut the second verse. I can't help but wonder if they should have got Demi instead, or had them both do a duet, actually.

Of course it wasn't great, hence my dots. Idina Menzel sounded bad. A lot of theater people came rushing to her aid immediately, of course, blaming other things (the orchestra, etc.) that have nothing to do with her pitch.

I haven't her sing live as much as I would like. Mostly I've just heard her in recordings of stuff such as Wicked. And she sounds phenomenal there. But you really can't gauge a person's singing by a recording, of course. But she's better than she was the other night. So maybe it was indeed an asthma attack or something.

Daxdiv

But.... I liked Everything is Awesome, if only for the part where the Lonely Island boys came in and sang their part. :P  But yeah, I can see how seeing parody/cover after parody/cover can get annoying real fast. I still like the song, though just imagine if Let it Go was actually on most current pop radio stations. But then again, my favorite songs in Frozen is a tie between For the First Time in Forever & In Summer, my least favorite as far as story goes, was Fixer-Upper. Not a bad song, but I just felt like it was meant for another movie, also. fuck those stupid ass trolls!

Avaitor

Yeah, "Fixer Upper" sucks. That's the easiest one to avoid, really.

New blog!

No-Personality

I still haven't heard the song.

Lindsay or Kyle played it in their Best of 2013 videos but you could barely hear it over their voices.
Well, I got so burned out on the road
Too many fags, too much blow
And then Mick and I split up and I said,
"Kid, it's time to take a little bit of a hiatus."
So I got myself a gig at the coffee shop
and I love it.
Why don't you take that corner booth,
I'll take your order in a minute...

Peanutbutter

Unless you choose to surround yourself with it on YouTube or fan art on DeviantArt, I fail to see how any song from Frozen can be "overplayed" or "everywhere". It's only everywhere if you're making it so.

Avaitor

Quote from: Peanutbutter on March 05, 2014, 04:02:29 PM
Unless you choose to surround yourself with it on YouTube or fan art on DeviantArt, I fail to see how any song from Frozen can be "overplayed" or "everywhere". It's only everywhere if you're making it so.
Actually, yeah, I agree with this. Frozen is a phenomenon, but like other recent phenomenons like Avengers, Avatar and The Dark Knight, even though they're still present (although honestly, who still cares about Avatar when you take it away from the theaters?), they're not as present as they were at their heights, and if you're not interested, they're surprisingly easy to avoid.

Personally, I like seeing Disney have as big of a hit as they do with Frozen. Even Tangled was nothing compared to this.

New blog!

The Shadow Gentleman

Quote from: Avaitor on March 05, 2014, 04:20:35 PM
Quote from: Peanutbutter on March 05, 2014, 04:02:29 PM
Actually, yeah, I agree with this. Frozen is a phenomenon, but like other recent phenomenons like Avengers, Avatar and The Dark Knight, even though they're still present (although honestly, who still cares about Avatar when you take it away from the theaters?), they're not as present as they were at their heights, and if you're not interested, they're surprisingly easy to avoid.

Personally, I like seeing Disney have as big of a hit as they do with Frozen. Even Tangled was nothing compared to this.
I'm gonna go with this.

Also, it's sad to here Idina had an asthma attack when she did. I would have loved to see a full performance.

Avaitor

Doug posted this on his Facebook.

QuoteA lot of people are wondering if I truly am sick of 'Let it Go' like in the Nostalgia Critic video. Truth be told, I AM one of those obnoxious people who will play this song over and over again. In fact, one of the memes in the video about Elsa freezing the Midwest is mine from Facebook. As a comedian, I have to make fun of the fact that it is overplayed like Hell, it's just too funny not to address. But as a fan, I much rather have that overplayed than anything by Rebecca Black. So as the NC, I'm sick to death of it, but as myself, I say let the storm rage on!

New blog!

Avaitor

I was wondering if he was going to do this one.

I'm watching the review now, but this really is one of the worst movies I've seen.

New blog!

No-Personality

Old news now, pretty much, but Todd and Lupa had new ones come out this week. I don't know anything about Jason DeRulo, so instead of watching Todd's new episode- I'm going back and watching a bunch of older episodes I either don't remember or have never seen. Now I know why he's such a big deal. Not just because his good videos are that good, but he did a lot of great videos on songs and artists I've never heard before. I think Todd is now one of my favorite series. Lupa did another new Baywatch episode and, if you haven't seen the first 3 or so- start there. And maybe skip the last two. This side series really was funny at the start. Now she puts in way too many CLOSE UP jokes. Zooming in on the actors' faces every 10 seconds. It's pretty annoying. But, at least see the first 2. They're hilarious.

Lindsay's newest video is another glorified vlog, but Mara's there, and Nella, and it's about junk food:
http://blip.tv/nostalgia-chick/nostalgia-chick-nostalgic-foods-of-yore-feat-mara-wilson-6762008

I can't agree with the overall consensus on the Handisnacks. That cheese is frickin' delicious. I want to disagree with them on Fruit Rollups... but I'll bet the company changed the recipe. I lived and died for those things as a kid. A slight problem might be that you get the feeling they never eat this kind of thing. And they could include more details about the taste. I think even Phelous and Lupa include more details about how their foods taste in their Let's Try videos.

I can't believe I watched Diamanda (& Co.)'s entire vlog of the 300 sequel last night. I am not a history buff, I am extremely ignorant about the history of war. And every nation in the world, including my own. They spend almost 25 minutes, maybe more, on that and my head spun the whole time. But then they shifted over into LGBT history and I woke up again. Robin is bi and Sarah seems to be gay, so watching them all talk about this was pretty interesting. (And, I've been on her Facebook page, Diamanda's real name is Xaria.) I almost always love their vlogs (Sarah's usually not in them) and if you love history, this is jam-packed full of details.

And, just like that, Diamanda has a new review - looks like a good one (she goes into a little side-thing about VHS and I was born in 1982, so...):
http://blip.tv/diamanda-hagan-lecher-bitch/05-07-siege-sd-6764484

Doug has another cameo, in the Hagan News Network segment (where this character of his seems to live).
Well, I got so burned out on the road
Too many fags, too much blow
And then Mick and I split up and I said,
"Kid, it's time to take a little bit of a hiatus."
So I got myself a gig at the coffee shop
and I love it.
Why don't you take that corner booth,
I'll take your order in a minute...

Avaitor

I'm gonna watch Lindsay's vid now.

I did see the Todd video, but I forgot to link it here. I knew Jason DeRulo's "Whatcha Say", a big part of which from his review. He also did a duet with Demi on her last album, which kinda sucks too. But wow, did Todd do a great video.

New blog!