Channel Larry (EDIT: Channel Awesome renamed to just Nostalgia Critic)

Started by Commode, December 30, 2010, 12:22:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

How does the story ending with RotJ make something that happened well before the prequels non-canon?

talonmalon333

Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on September 30, 2014, 04:14:44 PM
How does the story ending with RotJ make something that happened well before the prequels non-canon?

I just meant the Expanded Universe in general. Like, I know there are stories that follow RotJ in the EU. When Lucas says that, to him, it ends with Jedi, to me it seems like he views the canon as not including the EU material.

Or maybe I just misinterpreted him.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I was really hoping that the Nostalgia Critic would cover Rose Red for his yearly Stephen King movie review this time, but his Maximum Overdrive episode was still pretty enjoyable. Besides, there's always next year, and no shortage of movies for him to pick on.

Avaitor

I'm generally not a fan of his Stephen King reviews (well, It was good, and his look at the Shining miniseries was also decent, but the Langoliers and Tommyknockers fell flat to me), but this was a fun one. I only really know the film by AC/DC's soundtrack, so I wasn't sure what to expect, but now I actually kind of want to see it.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Eh, I have to disagree with you, there. I loved all of his Stephen King reviews. Stephen King's "It" was his first and still his best, IMO, but I also enjoyed The Langoliers, Tommyknockers, as well as The Shining and this movie. I look forward to these every Halloween, myself.

LumRanmaYasha

LumRanmaYasha

This week, the NC forms a cliche 80's boy adventurers gang and looks at the "awesome" movie, Monster Squad.

Also, I noticed that Toons These Days has been added to the site. I've been a fan of the shorts ever since they started, so it's neat to see the series become a part of TGWTG. Looks like they are only uploading archive episodes for now, though, but hopefully new ones will come soon.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I really liked this week's NC video. It's one of those really above average ones for me, though it can't explain why exactly. Something about the humor just worked really well this time for me. I will say that, while it was cool for him to have assembled his own group of 80's stereotype characters, none of the extras really did or said that much to justify them being there throughout the entire review. Putting that aside, though, most of the jokes really hit home for me, and I like it when the NC is looking at a movie for the campy fun that it is, which is refreshing from his usual demeanor of just bashing it with the cliche angry reviewer behavior. Granted that, he had that tone with his Maximum Overdrive review as well, but I thought that it was even funnier in this one.

Avaitor

Todd promises an Ariana Grande review, does Nicki Minaj instead. And not "Bang Bang".
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Daikun

Side by side comparison of parody scenes from NC/Demo Reel with their original movie counterparts.

Avaitor

New blog!

Avaitor

Huh, okay. I might watch some of their Gravity Falls vlogs, since I'm more dedicated to it than AT or Avatar. And even though I'm not a big fan of Doug's Disneycember vids, I'll probably end up watching them anyway. I'm just glad that he's not doing the sequels yet.

New blog!

Daikun

YES! I figured that the prop in his Monster Squad review was a sign of things to come. ;D

Avaitor

Doug's Nausicaa Disneycember video and the first Gravity Falls vlog are up.

The Disneycember vid was typically okay, but I'm not sure if I can sit through a 24 minute video of the Walkers talking about the first Gravity Falls ep. I sat through a couple of minutes, and while it was fun, I decided to save it for later (maybe) and work on my HIMYM review instead.

New blog!

Daikun

I love it when Disneycember rolls around. I'm not sure how many times I've gone back through the archives to watch them.