Channel Larry (EDIT: Channel Awesome renamed to just Nostalgia Critic)

Started by Commode, December 30, 2010, 12:22:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

It's official, the Nostalgia Chick is retired.

I don't think anyone should be surprised, since this has been a long time coming. And according to Lindsay, she's not exactly done with videos, just material from CA and the title of the Chick. Whatever she thinks is for the best.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

LumRanmaYasha

I had a feeling she was going to retire soon. Her video output has been very scarce lately and her work is no doubt keeping her busy. This is probably for the best.

Daikun

Bye, Lindsay.

...By the way, isn't it about time we change the name of this thread? The site isn't called TGWTG anymore. Does Doug even refer to himself as that?

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I went ahead and changed it. This is henceforth the Channel Awesome discussion thread.

Peanutbutter

Phelous is leaving too. Lindsay had some videos I liked, but I just couldn't get past Phelous' annoying voice.

Oh, and in slightly related news, a certain classless individual we know decided to chime in about it.

Quotehttps://twitter.com/JesuOtaku

I see TGWTG is finally collapsing in on its own asshole as a producer has now quit and been eradicated from the site within a day.

Good riddance. The day's probably not long off where everyone who "worked" there can just be super-candid about the horrible experience.

Yes, I know not *everyone* at TGWTG has had a horrible experience. The number of people who have is S T A G G E R I N G tho. Truth.)

goody2shoes

JO is steadily declining into a crazy cat lady.

Daikun

Phelous too? Wow.

How many of the original TGWTG pickups are even left? Good thing they did a talent call recently, or they'd be in the gutter by year's end.

EDIT: Andrew Dickman has also left.

Peanutbutter

I mean, maybe there is some stuff that's happened behind the scenes. With JO though, she could just be bitter about what happened around Spoony's departure. She's treated her own fans like dirt, so I won't have sympathy for her no matter what supposedly the Channel Awesome execs did.

Daikun

After some speculation at the forum, it seems Lupa was let go from the site. She explains why.

EDIT: Oancitizen is gone, too! Holy shit!

Daxdiv

JO attitude about that makes me wonder how much of that tabloid info that /tv/ posts from time to time is true or not about all the other people on the site. I know better not to listen to tabloids, but I do always find that one image where a random anon claimed to be a camera guy for one of the movies and claiming how incompetent most of those people were when it came to filming their stuff.

Foggle

I know nothing of CA/TGWTG, but Lupa's Tumblr post Daikun linked to leads me to believe that the site probably was an absolutely terrible place to work for. Regardless of the competence of the video makers, Mike's behavior sounds completely unprofessional, and being paid in "exposure" is disgusting.

LumRanmaYasha

Man, CA is falling apart bit by bit. I have a feeling that even more people will be leaving in the coming weeks and months. From the way Lupa describes it I'm just surprised this hasn't happened sooner.

talonmalon333

Quote from: Daikun on January 13, 2015, 04:26:08 PM
After some speculation at the forum, it seems Lupa was let go from the site. She explains why.

That explanation is Phealous'. Lupa just linked it.

EDIT:

Okay, now I see her post.

Avaitor

Oancitizen's out, too.

Notice how the site elaborates nothing as to their departures.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Nel_Annette

So, as someone who has only been watching Doug (and that's sparingly) and Mike J for about the last year and a half, I'm not really sure what's going on. I stopped watching everyone else years ago, but this sounds sucky. From Lupa's post, it sounds like ever since they've tried making the site and content more professional, they've (Doug, Rob, and this Mike guy she mentions) been complete dicks to all the other content makers. Am I reading this thing right?