Channel Larry (EDIT: Channel Awesome renamed to just Nostalgia Critic)

Started by Commode, December 30, 2010, 12:22:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silverstar

Quote from: Cartoon X on February 22, 2015, 10:27:29 AM
Some Jerk is great! I really wish he would put out some new episodes soon (he's only been uploading his backlog episodes onto CA so far).

I think I remember Tony saying he'd start uploading new videos in March. He's still got 2 more TGIF Goes to Disney World vids to go (Boy Meets World and Sabrina); we'll likely begin seeing new stuff from him after that. I know these videos are already on Blip, but I don't want to spoil them for myself. I haven't seen any of these yet, so they're new to me.  :blush:
Twinsanity - the Star Twins' blog. Cartoons. Pop Culture. Comedy. Opinions. Commentary. Analysis. Geekiness.

Daikun

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I about lost it when they did the Gargoyles skit in The Haunted Mansion review. Definitely a highlight for me.

LumRanmaYasha

It's been a year, but Some Jerk with a Camera is finally back with a new review! And now he's covering Universal rides!

Avaitor

This is a pretty good video, but I wonder why Tony isn't going to Disney anymore. Or if he just chose to play that up instead.

Tons of good stuff, though. The Zemeckis crossover is gold.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Peanutbutter

Nostalgia Critic teams up with the Angry Video Nerd to take on the recent Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles remake.

http://blip.tv/nostalgiacritic/nc-and-avgn-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-2014-7182501

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

While not quite that funny in terms of the jokes, I really enjoyed all of their references to their past Turtles reviews.

LumRanmaYasha

Did anyone else watch the first episode of that game show thing they've been saying they were going to make since 2013?

I did, and good lord, it's pretty awful. Tediously-paced, the comedy was mean-spirited and unfunny, the set looks bland and cheap, Brad seems completely unenthusiastic to be the host, and the entire experience just seems unpleasant for everyone involved. I feel sorry for the people who funded this thing on Indiegogo. I think the backlash for this will be as big, if not bigger, than it was for Demo Reel.

Daikun

They got nearly $90k on the IndieGogo, and this was the best they could do? :wth:

Asalieri and LordKaT nailed it; the whole thing was a scam.

Peanutbutter

Quote from: Daikun on April 06, 2015, 02:26:39 AM
They got nearly $90k on the IndieGogo, and this was the best they could do? :wth:

Asalieri and LordKaT nailed it; the whole thing was a scam.

Well, LordKat did. I wouldn't credit that stalker piece of crap with anything, personally.

Foggle

Quote from: Peanutbutter on April 06, 2015, 09:32:06 AM
Well, LordKat did. I wouldn't credit that stalker piece of crap with anything, personally.
Who is LordKat? Are they the stalker or someone else...?

LumRanmaYasha

Quote from: Foggle on April 06, 2015, 11:31:26 AM
Who is LordKat? Are they the stalker or someone else...?

LordKat is an ex-Channel Awesome contributor who now dedicates his time to making tediously long live streams ranting about how much he hates the site and the people associated with it. The stalker Peanutbutter is referring to is Asalieri, who....well, this sums it up.

IMO, both are unpleasant people whose opinions aren't worth a damn.

Foggle

Oh... oh my. Will avoid both of them then, thanks.

Daikun

Quote from: Cartoon X on April 06, 2015, 11:47:15 AMThe stalker Peanutbutter is referring to is Asalieri, who....well, this sums it up.

I've been watching Asa for years. Wow, this blog post is wrong on so many accounts it's not even funny. Reading that thing comes off as whining, and there are many lies I can spot in it.

EDIT: It's the only post in that entire blog. Yeah, it's just there to stir up hate.

Daxdiv

I watched the quiz show out of curiosity. It was pretty boring over all. The layout reminds me of something I would see people in high school/college students doing for a project/fair/event around their school. Was Demo Reel even that bad compared to this train wreck?